TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's new for PGA in 2006?

Does anybody know what, if any, the new attraction for PGA in 2006 will be? It would be nice if it was going to be a big coaster of some sort, they are due for one. I remember reading somewhere (can't remember where) that it's going to be a Scooby Doo dark ride, but there were no details.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it has been pointed out several times that PGA is about the only Paramount park without a Scooby dark ride... I would probably guess that... Although I would love them to try out that Adams Family or the MTV coaster... PGA needs a new coaster. It has been 4 years since one was added and 2 years since 2 were removed...

Excuse me for being the devil's advocate but is attendance lacking at the park...I really dont think so :? . It seems that even after loosing 2 coasters the attendance is still the same if not rising due to the demand of waterparks. Now it would be nice if the park got a coaster but I dont think its "needed". Just make boombay larger w/ more slides and wave pool and there set!

^^Its so easy to say that when you are in South Carolina. No offense there, just thought it was funny.

Actually, I have to agree with you. Right now, Boomerang Bay needs another slide tower or something. Its got some good slides on the first tower, but the tower they added this year was a weak addition. The main focus was always on the wave pool and the lazy river. I think they should do another big tower with a master blaster or zip coaster, and some other awesome slides. And then put in a custom Super Saturator that winds between the towers, log ride, and lazy river.

^ Thats so funny I'd be laughing if it wasn't true ::sobs::

I mean people complain about people complaining about Darien Lake but come on, it's not like SFDL is actually removing coasters while adding nothing.

I know its an economics thing but is the San Jose market that bad that 20yr old used waterslides from the central valley constitute capital improvements?

ehh, at least they still have Top Gun and Demon, which are awesome IMO.

-D

I saw that yesterday and like NCC they said. There’s no ALOT of room back there. If anything it’ll be a small dinky ride or maybe even the Scooby Doo ride? OR it could be something that has to do with the sewage?

Chris "wont belive anything till i see something important" V.

I don't know specifics about their attendance. Their VIP cards for 2006 have dropped quite a bit from the 2005 season.

http://www.pgathrills.com/shop/shopping_season_pass.cfm

Last year you had to buy 4 or more to get the VIP pass for around $64.99 (I can't remember if this is accurate, but I know that it was over $60) and if you bought it individually it was around $69.99 at the same time last year (Sept-Oct). The link above has the pricing and it has dropped to $59.99 for 2 or more. It seems to me that PGA didn't have the turn-out they expected this year and realized that it could be their ticket prices. Just an observation.

I hope they add a coaster soon too....I miss Stealth

Here are some ideas I had.

1. Tear down the crappy Grizzly and the awesome Demon since there next to each other and make a gigantic hyper coaster.

Pros- A new coaster finally

Cons- A great coaster goes down, 2 coasters go down and only one coaster goes up.

2. Tear down the Grizzly and make a good wooden coaster.

Pros- A crappy coaster goes down and a good coaster goes up

Cons- None, the Grizzly is a crappy coaster. Let it fall!

3. Tear down PGA altogether. There's enough theme parks in California. Use the money to make the other Paramount's Parks even better than they are now! * I really wouldn't like this to happen, it was just an idea.

Here are some other things I thought about.

*The last new thrill ride they added was the Delerium in 2000 I think.

*2 coasters went down and 0 have gone up.

*They removed Triple Play and the Himalaya type ride.

*The only new thing they have added was a water park.

*From the way it's going, it seems like regular rides are going down and the water park keeps expanding. What if they remove all the rides and just made one mega water park!

*They just don't need a new coaster they need a whole new thrill ride package. They should take out their old thrill rides and upgrade to better ones.

*The park is not as good as it was maybe 5 years ago. For us ethusiest, Great America isn't as much fun as it used to. It used to be my favorite Theme Park and look at me now, I'm ragging about it like as if it was the worst place ever.

*My title is PGATHRILLER but now it should be PGABOREDOM!

I'd like the Tear down Grizzly idea, but not the tear down demon idea. Demon's awesome, can't get rid of that. It's not like it's really compact, it would be easy enough to design around it. Could get a new woodie, but wouldn't mind them just getting a steel. Especially when there's the Giant Dipper over the hill.

yeah, the only way they could make a better woodie would be to actually hire someone, like GG, or GCI to build one for them, and you know what, there not going to do it

I would pefer to watch that crap coaster Grizzly BURN

I just received my Passholder newsletter yesterday and along with a note about them extending the season through the first weekend in November and VIP pass renewal prices, they have a small note saying "Just Announced: New Thrill Ride coming in 2006. Be here on opening day to ride!" (or something similar...its at home and I'm at work)

Base on the phrasing, I don't think we are getting a coaster (boo!) or another kids/family ride (yeah!). But I guess it could be either an actual ride, or a waterslide. There was no mention of an announcement date, so I guess its still a waiting game.

Yeah it has been pointed out several times that PGA is about the only Paramount park without a Scooby dark ride... I would probably guess that... Although I would love them to try out that Adams Family or the MTV coaster... PGA needs a new coaster. It has been 4 years since one was added and 2 years since 2 were removed...

I don't think they will be getting the mtv coaster because thats the retheme for pkd and pki's Flight of Fear... Maybe pga should get Flight of Fear too... no they don't deserve it lol ... just kidding but they won't be getting Flight of Fear for sure!