TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rare Credit - Great Russian Mountain

QueerRudie and I were going back and forth in the chat, and he referred me to a picture of a Schwarzkopf-designed RARE CREDIT! It's translated as Great Russian Mountain, and it's located in the Wonder Island park in St. Petersburg, Russia. I did some searching on Youtube for on-ride videos of the ride, and I didn't find anything. So, I gave up and searched for the S&S Screaming Squirrel that's also in the park.

Sure enough, I found some videos of Great Russian Mountain instead! Doesn't this look like an awesome ride?

Front seat -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUkKbhvAF4

Back seat -

Front seat again, this time in 2011. Looks like it's being maintained well.

It looks like it has the same kinds of track and trains as Venus at Space World, for those of you who have ridden that. Schwarzkopf didn't design very many coasters of this style, so it's definitely a RARE CREDIT!

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a devout believer in His great works, this coaster is -high- on my to ride list.

Some things you'll notice: The track is identical to Venus at Space World in Japan- this ride, like Venus, is made by Sansei Ltd. with BHS engineering- and Schwarzkopf design.

This, by technical definition, is His last design before entering full retirement, and shows the practical care he gave to every design out there- and fits well with His other great works.

R.D.

Being a devout believer in His great works,... is His last design before entering full retirement, and shows the practical care he gave to every design out there- and fits well with His other great works.

quoted cause it makes me feel more normal

For those of us who belive in His great works, in Heaven, we will ride next to Him on Schwarzkopf-designed and built rides.

For those who DO NOT BELIEVE in the saving grace of Anton, they will be forced to ride TOGO and VEKOMA on the other side.

Praise be to Anton.

Looks great from the POVs. One of the very few remarkable coasters in Eastern Europe.

But i wonder why the support structure is so massive. It reminds me of Jetline at Gröna Lund a bit, but in that case the supports were originally built for adding an enormous Alpine theming as far as I remember. However, for some reason the coaster stayed unthemed. And so, the supports are so strong that they can support Jetline and Vilda Musen at the same time

Does anybody know if any kind of theming was planned for this ride? (I'm sure He would know the answer )

Looks great from the POVs. One of the very few remarkable coasters in Eastern Europe.

But i wonder why the support structure is so massive. It reminds me of Jetline at Gröna Lund a bit, but in that case the supports were originally built for adding an enormous Alpine theming as far as I remember. However, for some reason the coaster stayed unthemed. And so, the supports are so strong that they can support Jetline and Vilda Musen at the same time

Does anybody know if any kind of theming was planned for this ride? (I'm sure He would know the answer )

This was originally built for a Japanese park, and it had a Swiss Alps theme. Yes, you are correct. That is why the supports are so large.

From Schwarzkopf.Coaster.net (The -greatest- website on earth for His rides, attractions and general worship can proceed from)...

Andalusian Railroad Pics

The ride DID have a themed exterior, which would explain the beefier supports for the ride itself. Also, He may have built the ride considering the seismic implications of the location of the ride (Japan), which would also be some of the hefty bulk of the ride itself.

Praise be to Anton.