TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is going on with La Qua?

Glad it is opened and hopefully it will be able stay open long enough for when I can finally get to Japan. I know it is kinda meh compared to the other Intamin mega coasters, but you can't beat that view of Tokyo!

It's funny when you put things into "perspective." When we first rode it in 2004, it was "meh" compared to the other Intamin hypers (GeForce, Goliath, Superman, etc, etc...) and it's still today "meh" compared to some of the newer Intamin coasters (I-305, Mega-lites, Skyrush, etc), but it's still WAAAAAAAY better than most B&M hypers, wing riders, or inverts that have come out in the last 10 years!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And they do have a IOA Spiderman type attraction. It seems almost exactly the same, but with a different theme and movie. It really is worth the visit. The Baskin Robbins has some unique flavors, soda was my favorite, and there is also the Tokyo Dome if you like baseball.

Glad to see it has reopened but what is left there to do? It doesn't seem like a lot is left from what there was 5 years ago.

For a "roller coaster enthusiast" they only have one credit left, but for a family attraction in the middle of Tokyo, there is still a decent amount to do there: http://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/e/attractions/

I miss Zombie Paradise more than the other coasters they removed.

Just got this photo sent to me from Tokyo.

Confirmed. Thunder Dolphin is definitely open. Looks like a full train of riders on a big Intamin coaster in downtown Tokyo!

(...and...more good news...apparently it's "Lady's Day" today at La Qua!!!)

1443773728_NewImage.JPG.f5e409d33a40e304d7b6227fe6c257ad.JPG

Is Zombie Paradise gone? What about the haunted walkthrough? The one where you wrote down a wish, and got a surprise at the end? Those were definite highlights of the park. Still, it's good to see Thunder Dolphin running again, even if I missed it this time by a year. It wasn't by any means a top coaster for me, but it was still fun and a great experience, between the view and the neat interaction with the building and the hubless wheel.

Glad it is opened and hopefully it will be able stay open long enough for when I can finally get to Japan. I know it is kinda meh compared to the other Intamin mega coasters, but you can't beat that view of Tokyo!

It's funny when you put things into "perspective." When we first rode it in 2004, it was "meh" compared to the other Intamin hypers (GeForce, Goliath, Superman, etc, etc...) and it's still today "meh" compared to some of the newer Intamin coasters (I-305, Mega-lites, Skyrush, etc), but it's still WAAAAAAAY better than most B&M hypers, wing riders, or inverts that have come out in the last 10 years!

Yeah, I will take a meh Intamin Mega over a cookie-cutter B&M Hyper anyday.

• 1 month later...

I visited Tokyo this past weekend and (just in case you needed further proof) Thunder Dolphin is open again. The ride now has netting underneath the entire course of the track. Also, you get a great view of the Tokyo Skytree from the top of the building.

thunder.thumb.jpg.f2ae269c8f20115d56d0ffa9e25857be.jpg

I visited Tokyo this past weekend and (just in case you needed further proof) Thunder Dolphin is open again. The ride now has netting underneath the entire course of the track. Also, you get a great view of the Tokyo Skytree from the top of the building.

Can I ask an honest question and I don't mean to be insulting so sorry if it sounds that way, but why do people use filters like this on perfectly good photos to make them look awful?

To me, that looks like a great photo, but ruined with some sort of Instagramy photo filter.

Do people really LIKE this look of pictures? I'm really just curious.

--Robb

^Better?

Yes.

It must've been fun installing all that netting, and considering that you have to remove everything from your pockets before riding, it seems a bit excessive. (At least, I assume they still have an empty-pockets policy for that ride.)

^Better?

Yes.

It must've been fun installing all that netting, and considering that you have to remove everything from your pockets before riding, it seems a bit excessive. (At least, I assume they still have an empty-pockets policy for that ride.)

Yes, they make you remove EVERYTHING! I even had to take off my Tobu Zoo ride wristband from earlier in the day.

^Pretty sure the nets are to catch random tiny bolts that fall off rides from time to time. As that's part of what got it shut down in the first place.

Oh, I didn't realize that was the issue. Now it makes a little more sense.

Edited by cfc