TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Florida's Great Escape

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really liking the look of this park. It reminds me of the area in Dorney with Possessed and Stingray. I would suggest getting some bushes and flowers in the forest areas to improve the look of the foliage. But other than that, I'm gonna keep my eye on this project!

@Funkeymon: Thanks! and yes I will be adding bushes etc. thanks for the tip.

@SaweetDude04: Thank you, and The CT was Krypts. Try searching for his website, where the download is.

Hey guys. So today wasn't the best day for RCT3, My game had crashed installing some CS, and, well, I lost my parks. But good news was i auto saved InZanes supports, station, and que, on my flash drive. So with that said, I am recreating Littleton Amusement park. Hang Off, and InZane will still be the new editions to the park, and this time my inspiration for the park will be SFOG, and Dorney Park. Here are some pictures of what i was able to get done today:

Now I am not done with the rides surrounding scenery. I do have ideas on what I'm going to put there, but what do you think I should add?

Regular story updates will return and continue tomorrow.

Thanks for the support,

Coastin

Well this week has been a successful week for the park. The construction on Hang Off! is complete! And let me say this is a beast of a ride!

Once guess come over the bridge, they will be greeted by the ride!

This is what people in cars driving down I46 will see.

I am really excited and can not wait till opening day to ride this!

Thanks guys,

-Teddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can tell I'm not done with the park, but bare with me, with in the next week or so, It will be completed.

-Coastin

• 2 weeks later...

So today My game crashed again and I lost everything.... Again..... So here I pronounce a new Littleton Amusement park! (Note: I am starting at year 1993 and hang off and insane will not be new additions for a while, hence I'm starting a new story line.)

Here I give you a slight teaser of Rumbler!

Thanks!

-Teddy

-------------------------------

Guys, i'm so sorry for all of this and I promise that i will not lose this park like the rest! and I will give you a Kick a$$ park and one hell of a story line!

-Coastin

[MOD EDIT: I sure hope the park isn't loose. It might run away from you and never return. The correct word here is LOSE, not LOOSE. R.D.- GFMT

Edited by QueerRudie

8/13/1995

Exactly 5 years ago today, Hurricane Andrew struck southern Florida. The small city of Village Park was destroyed. It had been the deadliest hurricane to hit the city in 25 years. The death toll reached 85+ with 25+ missing. The city was practically demolished. Added to the ruins was Florida’s Great Escape Amusement Park. The parks operation schedule was from the 5th of March to 21st of December. But in 1992 the park had announced that they would be operating from March 3rd and would close July 21st to begin preparation for Hurricane Andrew, and then re-open on November 1st. The park never re-opened. The hurricane was worst then expected. The park was flooded and remained under water for 10 months. Once the water level dropped the city went in and demolished all shops and majorities of the rides. They left the 3 standing rollercoasters alone. Majority of the paths were torn up and the parks entrance was scheduled to me demolished but at last minute was decided to be left standing due to security reasons. Last year, Entertainment USA bought the FGE land and rites to the park and started the process of re-building the park. Today the Company has restored all three rollercoasters and began reconstructing the park. But rite now, here is part 1 of FGE Turn around announcement.

New for 1996 will be Lil' Tommy Wild Rampage Train.

Here is a shot from when we were testing are rides lights.

More shots from the rest of the park will come soon.

Thanks

-Timmy

Since the hurricane the people of Village Park have been in this depressing mood. Even though the town is small, the amusement park brought joy and cheer to every one. The roar of a roller coaster would make anyone smile. But since then nothings been the same. But we plan on flipping the town back to how it used to be. Entertainment USA will not only take over FGE, But they will take over construction on Village Park. Every shop, home, business, school and bank will be re-built to how it used to be. Our goal is to give the homeless all of there homes back, the unemployed all of there jobs back and everyone there amusement park back.

As you can tell much more work is to be done.

Here's the saw shot, but only at night, and still work to be done.

My attempt at being Artsy

Over view of the park. (Yes, I know some rides don't have supports)

And soon, riders will be able to enjoy there favorite roller coaster, RUMBLER, again.

Thank you very much!

-Tim (CEO of Entertainment USA)

As the title says...

1996 Florida's Great Escape Operating Schedule

MARCH-

5th- Parks opens for the first time in 6 years

APRIL-

7th- Park will be closed to general public, Private party only

8th- Easter day, Parks "extra fee rides" such as; Big Zipping Go-Karts, The Back Stage look, and Lenny's Surf Time will all be a $1 per ride.

15th-21st- Florida Spring Break. (See park operation hours at bottom of page)

MAY-

8th, Mothers Day, Family Ticket packages will be $25 instead of $35. (See bottom of page for more info)

25th-28th- Memorial Weekend, Memorial Plaza Picnic Area opens, food stalls and restaurant prices go down, Admission price drops to $15. ( See bottom of page for more info)

JUNE-

10th- Daily operation hours start. (See operation hours at bottom of page)

14th- Park Closed to the general public, Private party in park.

20th- The "Kids Play for free!" promotion starts. (See bottom of page for more details)

JULY-

1st-4th- "Salute to America." Park is open until midnight with a new fireworks show. (See details at bottom of page)

AUGUST-

24th- The park will announce its' 1997 New Addition.

25th- Daily operation hours end; park goes back to weekend operation hours.

SEPTEMBER-

6th-18th PARK CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE.

19th-Park re-opens on weekend operation schedule.

OCTOBER-

7th- Florida's Great Fright opens and runs until the 31st. (See bottom of page for more details)

NOVEMBER-

11th- Veteran's Day. Park admission drops. (See bottom of page for more info)

17th-18th- Park closed for Private Event.

DECEMBER-

1st- Holiday Joy In The Park, Park open until December 22nd. (See bottom of page for more details)

23rd- Park closes for the season.

DETAILS!

Spring Break- Park will open at: 9:30 AM and closes at 10:00 PM from Monday until Saturday only.

Mothers Day: Family package of 2 adult tickets and 2 child/teen ticket package will be $20. Additional tickets will be available for 5.00 per person.

Memorial Day- General Admission tickets will be $15.

JUNE DAILY OPERATION HOURS:

Monday - Thursday: open: 10:00, close at 9:00

Friday - Saturday: open: 10:00, close at 10:00

Sunday: open: 10:00, close at 8:00

"Kids Play Free!"- Children under the age of 10 or under the height of 48 inches will enter the park free.

"Salute To America"- 4th of July event, Park Opens at 11:00 and Closes at Midnight. Fireworks show at 9:30.

WEEKEND OPERATION HOURS:

Friday: 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm

Saturday: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm

Sunday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm

"Florida's Great Fright"- Park will be re-decorated to a spooky halloween atmosphere. The park will open 3 Haunted mazes: 2 indoor and 1 outdoor. Park will also have Fright Zones, Operation of the park will be: Friday nights from 6:00pm to midnight, Saturday: 11:30am to midnight and Sundays: 11:30 am to 9:30 pm.

Veteran's Day: All Admission tickets will be $20.

Edited by coastin

Dear viewers of this thread,

As you can tell, I have great pride with this park. I try my best to match color schemes, to have unique roller coasters and to have an interesting story line, etc. But my greatest problem with my work is my spelling and grammar. I am very embarrased with this for the fact that I truly do not write like this in school or talk like this in life, my problem is that I just rush. My park has been getting many views but very little response and interest. While I'm not turning this post into a begging one. All I ask for is to get constructive criticism on my park and story line. I love making storys and I love making roller coasters, so I combined the two and am making a great tory for all of you to enjoy. I promise in the future I will review before I post, correcting my mistakes. Just give me a chance everyone and I will do wonders of a park. I have created the storyline and cannot wait to share it with you guys. So buckle up and enjoy this one heck of a park!

-Austin

Dear viewers of this thread,

As you can tell, I have great pride with this park. I try my best to match color schemes, to have unique roller coasters and to have an interesting story line, etc. But my greatest problem with my work is my spelling and grammar. I am very embarrased with this for the fact that I truly do not write like this in school or talk like this in life, my problem is that I just rush. My park has been getting many views but very little response and interest. While I'm not turning this post into a begging one. All I ask for is to get constructive criticism on my park and story line. I love making storys and I love making roller coasters, so I combined the two and am making a great tory for all of you to enjoy. I promise in the future I will review before I post, correcting my mistakes. Just give me a chance everyone and I will do wonders of a park. I have created the storyline and cannot wait to share it with you guys. So buckle up and enjoy this one heck of a park!

-Austin

and while we may not respond - we are watching. I know that the begging wasn't intended, but this post reeks of "people respond anyway to make it look like it's popular". I, in no means meant that as a mean-spirited comment. Some parks on here get amazing download rates and have little to no comments or critiques. It's all a matter of patience and persistence when it comes to building and making your dreams and parks really come to life. I mean, c'mon, take a look at Charleston Gardens/SFCG and it started out with little or no attention and grew as time went on. I commend your actions in having this park have attention. I know, it may seem like awhile before people really pick up the slack and do something with it.

Well, it's a matter of playing the waiting game. You have to wait and see,

Stay through the storm and you'll do fine.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, It has been a while since I last updated and well I apologize for that. I have been busy lately and haven't been able to get to the park. But look what I found on my desk this morning! Yep, it's the brochure for the park thats about to be sent out!

On other hand I hear the park is almost done with a little bit of stuff left to be done and then the park will be ready for opening! Stay tuned for pictures of the park!

Tim(CEO of Entertainment USA)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for the replies!

@ChrisBenvenuto: Thank you for what you have said, you are 100% rite! I'm sorry that my post reeked of what it did, I in know way wanted it to sound like that at all! Your words have inspired me and motivate me very much!

Edited by coastin

Today I stopped by the park for a little bit. Final details such as, benches, trash cans, lights, painting, and foliage are being placed and finished. It's hard to believe that in less than a month the park will re-open after laying dormant for 5 years, which seems even longer than it is! Here is a quick shot of Corkscrew and a part of Chaos! Enjoy!

Tim (CEO of Entertainment USA)

Today I was looking over everyone as they put the final details on all the rides and stores. We just are waiting for a few more signs to be finished! But on my way out I had noticed this.

What could it be? Hints and clues will be popping up around the park this summer, so keep your eye out for them!

Also here is another shot of corkscrew with a finished que line. But is just missing a sign and a few trees and plants and railings on the stairs!

Thanks!

Tim (CEO of Entertainment USA)

Did you notice anything wrong in the pictures or posts? l

Tell me and let me know in the reply section! l

I will take all the help I can get to make me a better builder! l