TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the most G-Force you have pulled?

Positive - Moonsault Scramble at Fuji-Q Highlands, 6.2 G's!

Negative - Superman: Escape From Krypton, El Toro, and that terrible pothole on Rampage at Alabama Adventure all felt like they had the most.

Lateral - Any Wild Mouse, and Ghost Rider is pretty bad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick's negative air time is pretty much close to zero in quite a few spots, although I never saw any hard numbers or anything, just my own testing on a free app on my iPhone a few years ago.

Thought I'd say this too since this is the first time I've read this post and have noticed the red reflectors before. Not only on Mean Streak, but I have seen them at Michigan's Adventure on Wolverine Wildcat. As far as I'm aware, I haven't heard or seen any testing at MiAd on the coasters.

I never did like the feeling I got from Superman at SFGAm at the bottom of the pretzel loop. Don't know if it's the way you're laying down or just that it pulls a ton of G's or combination of both. Invertigo at Kings Island was another one too. Those trains though are quite heavy so that could be a major factor in that too.

Shivering Timbers though is still my top one for air time. It's the perfect amount too, nothing too flat or nothing too forceful.

By any chance, what app? And zero? Zero should be floater airtime, right? Maverick is insane ejector style airtime, in my experience.

• 1 year later...

Positive: Probably the pretzel loop on Manta in the last row.

Negative: Not completely sure, but probably the one airtime hill on Goliath at SFGAm .

Lateral: Pretty much every Wild Mouse I've ridden (except Valleyfair's, which is trimmed to death).

Positive: Goliath at SFMM on the helix. Sustained g-forces, woo!

Negative: A toss-up between Maverick for strongest amount of airtime, and Lightning Run for most amount of ejector airtime. (Leaning towards Lightning Run though).

Lateral: The Legend at Holiday World.

• 1 year later...

Positive G's - Excalibur in the back seat at VF, look at the video and watch the turns. Well, it might be lateral G's... maybe a combination, all I know is that I grey out every time lmao

Negative G's - Wild thing (back seat again, the back car gets whipped over the top, already out of your seat, and you just go steeper and the drop feels so long) in the same park

ye

Most G positively was during a half Cuban loop in a Grob tutor plane, and I think while doing a very tight loop as well. I managed to pull (literally on the control column) 4.5G, sustained. WOW. That was incredible and I did not black out.

The most G laterally was probably at the bottom of Slammer at Thorpe Park. The eyes in force of 3.5G is quite something to behold. The most lateral G sideways was probably on the Ziere star shape called AIR at Winter Wonderland in hyde park on the outermost seat. If you have been in that position you will know the whole ride is constant lateral G force, and at some points more than you can bear.

The most negatively was also on the Slammer. I actually got a red out at the end.

Positive: Either I-305's first turn or any vekoma boomerang between the loop and the cobra on the return trip (They apparently pull 5.2g on a "normal" day, I'd imagine it's higher when it's hotter!)

Negative: Either Skyrush in the back, or El Toro through RT Crossover in the back

Lateral: Probably Twister at Knoebels

Bonus category: acceleration/deceleration: Acceleration is going to be Kingda Ka, deceleration is probably the time I got into a car accident and hit a pole doing about 50MPH sideways (I wasn't driving)

Positive: Mindbender at Galaxyland in the West Edmonton Mall. I believe it hits just over 5G a few times during the ride. Not sure why I didn't grey/black out, as several rides that hit 4G have made me grey out before.

Negative: Probably Space Shot (S&S Double Shot), also in the West Edmonton Mall. Don't know the exact amount of G-force, but it definitely gave some very strong ejector air.

Lateral: The Fly at Canada's Wonderland. Wild mouse... enough said.

Positive: Mindbender at Galaxyland in the West Edmonton Mall. I believe it hits just over 5G a few times during the ride. Not sure why I didn't grey/black out, as several rides that hit 4G have made me grey out before.

Negative: Probably Space Shot (S&S Double Shot), also in the West Edmonton Mall. Don't know the exact amount of G-force, but it definitely gave some very strong ejector air.

Ive heard Mindbender has the highest g's on any coaster.

Strongest positive force would go to Shockwave at Six Flags Over Texas. I think it pulls around 5.9 gs. Strongest negative force i have experienced has to be on Outlaw Run, specifically the air hill before the double barrel roll. Lateral Gs would also go to Outlaw Run during its corkscrew twisting airtime hill thing after the outward banked turn.

Not sure about number-wise, but in terms of feeling them, here's my list:

Positive:

• Titan - pretty much all this ride does is high g-force, notably the helices
  • ShockWave (SFOT) - the loops pull a ridiculous number of g's
  • Batman clones - incredibly forceful loops and helix pack a massive punch
  • Maverick - the first turn especially

Negative:

• Iron Rattler - ridiculously powerful airtime, the last drop off the cliff has some of the best sustained ejector ever
  • NTaG - ejector air everywhere
  • ShockWave (SFOT) - sustained ejector air in the back row over every single drop
  • Outlaw Run - more ridiculous ejector air
  • Maverick - the airtime hills are ridiculous
  • Blue Streak (CP) - ok it's probably technically really weak but the ejector air on this thing is hilarious and feels about as strong as Magnum's
  • Magnum XL-200 - triangular airtime hills are great

Laterals:

• The Boss - the ending helix is stupidly forceful
  • The Legend - left, left, left
  • Maverick - beautifully powerful transitions that throw you to the side mercilessly

Positive: Shuttle Loop front row and Boomerang back row.

Negative: Dodonpa top hat first row, Big Boom first drop back row, Cyclops Drop of Death back row and Lightning Run finale.

Lateral: Beast and Python in Bamboo Forest.

Acceleration: Dodonpa

Deceleration: YOLOcoaster final brake, that was pretty bad.

Ive heard Mindbender has the highest g's on any coaster.

I've heard that too. I don't know how true it is but it seems reasonable to me.

Positive is a 4 way tie between the second turn on Skyrush at Hershey Park (after the first airtime hill) the helix on Goliath at SFOG, the helix on NItro at SFGAdv, and pulling out of the first drop on Millennium Force. All 4 of those made the color fade from my vision only to have it rocket back to full color in their next element (which on all but MF is something with negative Gs to force the blood back into my brain. I love this feeling. Lets me know what I'm riding is intense.

Negative- 2 way tie. El Toro and Skyrush. The entire ride on both. Vicious ejector airtime.

Lateral, Mavericks Stengal dive. (I probably spelled that wrong)