TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ghosts!

SonOfBeastSucks

Seen to many things to have a closed mind about this. Have had a close friend die and for the entire week after that all I heard was this song that he liked and said that it picked his spirit up everytime he heard it.

And that is just the tip of the iceburg on the "Paranormal Stuff" that I have seen/experienced over the years. Like it was said before, if you want to believe and try to find it, you will, if not then it will more than likely never happen to you.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one time i was on the queen mary in long beach well i was in my room when i wok up at exactly 1:23 creepy and i looked at the corner of my room and there was a shadow in the cornor of a person moving along the wall toward me then it went away and the whole room got real cold i looked at the thermomiter it said 33 real cold

• 6 years later...

Bump!

I am a firm believer in ghosts, and I have had experiences. My friend's grandparents house is around 300 years old, and we are almost positive it is haunted. We think there are two ghosts: a little girl and an old man. The first experience I had at that house was when I was on the second floor landing at the base of the stairs to the third floor and I just had a feeling like someone was watching me. I went up anyway and when I got to the third floor it felt normal. Later on when I told my friend's mom about it she freaked out. She told us that one day she was painting in the exact spot where I got the weird feeling and there was a woodchip on the floor. She put it on the windowsill and went back to painting the wall about 10 feet away. She went to dip the brush in the bucket and the chip was in the paint. A woodchip can't just move 10 feet on its own.

The living room at the house has a Civil War cap-and-ball rifle hanging on the wall with a powder canister. My sister and her friend were in the room when the canister started swinging back and forth. The left the room and told my friend and I, so we went in to see. When we got in there we saw it swinging, and also saw that the small Yankee Candle candle had slid from where it was. We could see the tracks in the dust and saw that the lid was partially off. The shelf it was on was taller than my sister and her friend at the time, so it couldn't have been them.

Another experience was when we were outside by the pool looking at a window on the second floor, and the curtain gets pulled all the way to the side. It startled me pretty good, but not as much as the partial apparition I saw about five minutes later. I was looking in a second story window from outside and I see a face in it. It looked like an old man in a top hat, it was gray, and transparent. I turned away to listen to something my friend was saying, look back, and it's gone.

There are also claims of things set on tables ending up on the floor in the middle of the room, but they are always set there neat so they are not being thrown.

This house creeps me out, but I love going there.

I'm not sure if I believe in them or not, but there is one occurrence that really stands out. This happened to my uncle (dad's brother), and occurred after my grandfather (dad's father) passed away back in 2003.

My grandfather had been in a nursing home for a few months, and hospice for a few weeks before hand, so it wasn't a shock or anything that he passed away. When my relatives, my dad and uncle included, got the word that he may be taking a turn for the worse, they all went to the nursing home to say their last goodbyes. The next part needs prefaced by saying that for some reason, my grandfather always hated when someone left the porch light on at his house. I don't know whether it was because of the electric bill or what have you, but he definitely made sure that light was off every night before he went to bed. Back to the story, after he had passed away, everyone went to my grandma's house to be with her and comfort her. At the time, my uncle was living with my grandma, so before he went to bed he purposely left that porch light on and uttered the words, "this is for you, dad."

The next morning, one of the fairly large and heavy square-shaped candles that was on the dining room table was found on the floor all the way on the other side of the room. Now, there is no way that thing could have rolled, and it was definitely way too heavy for the wind or something to have done that. I like to think it was my grandfather, angry that the porch light was left on.

^ That may freak some people out, but it should be a very comforting thing. To know that even though your grandfather isn't with you physically, he is still with you. I watch all kinds of ghost shows so I know quite a bit about this stuff.

There is another house I have been to that is supposedly haunted. I feel like it is, others in my family say that it isn't. There have been a few standout incidents that have happened in the house, but I haven't experienced anything for myself. My aunt was watching a 3 year old girl (who lives in the house) and was talking to her outside the girl's room, facing away from it. The girl laughs in the middle of my aunt talking to her and my aunt asks "What's so funny?" The girl responded "That's so silly," and pointed into the room. The radio on her nightstand had been turned upside down while my aunt was talking to her. Another time, in the middle of the night, the parents were sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV. All of a sudden a toy is THROWN down the stairs into the middle of the room. The parents think it's the girl and they say "You better be in bed or I'm gonna spank you." A few minutes later another toy is thrown down the stairs and the dad goes upstairs into the girl's room and she is sound asleep and snoring. When she was 3 (she's like 6 now) she said the ghosts name was Wawa and said he was a chocolate boy. Her brother is now 4 and when he was the same age she was at the time (he wouldn't remember how his sister described him) he said the same thing. We have two theories about this:

1. The land the house is on used to belong to a slave owner and the spirit is the ghost of an African American boy.

2. The land used to be an Indian Reservation, because they can have fairly dark skin too.

Another theory to the activity is that it could be attached to something in the house. The mother is from New Orleans, which is reported to be a highly active paranormal city. She is a collector of antiques, and one of them might be connected with whatever haunts the property - if it is haunted. Just something to ponder.

I like the idea of believing in Ghosts more than I actually believe in Ghosts. As a die hard horror movie/horror pretty much everything fan I will never truly dismiss the idea because part of the fun is that I don't completely dismiss the idea so it's more believable a bit, but if someone were to ask yes or no then I would say probably not. But I believe in myself...

I'm not sure if I believe or not. Danny and I both have had some unexplained experiences, especially in the theatre where we did plays. Lots of people have had experiences there; lots of friends have told us about their experiences, trustworthy people who we know wouldn't lie about things they've seen or heard or felt. So I just don't know what to believe.

I dont believe in ghosts. Why would a ghost think "Hmmm what should I do today? Oh I know, I will move this glass three feet and then I will be quiet for another week while planning my next move..."??

I certainly believe there are things we dont understand, but not in ghosts or spirit.However, I must admit that even though I dont believe I would probably still crap my pants if I was alone on in a dark house and started hearing strange noises...

The closest thing I have come close to what can be called a strange experience happened at a place where I worked some years ago. I came to work on a monday around 3 pm for the evening shift and one of the first things that happened was that an air hose in a CNC milling machine split open for about an inch. We made a temporarily fix and everything was working fine. Then two days later I come to work and walk against the machine (which was already running) along with a colleague and I say to him "Oh look, our temporary fix is still worki...." PFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!and the air hose blew open again. It had been working for 48 hours until I opened my mouth.

While this doesnt really have anything to do with ghosts or spirits, I obviously have superpowers!

I am not sure if it's the ghost actually thinking that causes the occurrence or if it's sometimes te stuff that they are doing transcends the spirit into our world. I really don't understand it and it freaks me out a bit too much to want to.

In the haunted house I've stayed in, the ghost,reportedly named Duncan, would move stuff around, hairbrushes flew across the room, cabinet doors would all be opened, and the thing I remember most is that a photo album was taken out of somewhere and placed opened onto a table. Very freaky house.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I do, but I have heard of a couple of strange/coincidental experiences:

My biological maternal grandfather died of pancreatic cancer in May 1981. His birthday was on July 23rd. My maternal aunt was pregnant at the time with her second child. Her second child was born the following July 23rd at 7:23 AM.

My paternal grandfather died in May 2003. His wife (my paternal grandmother, still alive) had a dream shortly after his death where he had a hat on, and a suitcase in one hand, and he said to her "I have to go. I don't want to, but I have to." In "reality" (the not-dream-world) there is a copper art portrait of a man and a woman on my grandma's bed, over their respective sides of the bed (Grandma on one side, Grandpa on the other.) When she woke up after the dream, she found the man's portrait on the bed next to her. When we came down, my dad tested it out with her to see if it could fall on the bed in any manner; they tested at various degrees, and in the event that the sculpture came off its nail, it always simply fell straight down, behind the bed, and would not travel the 1 - 2 foot horizontal distance to reach the pillow on the bed.

Again, I don't know if I believe in it, but it would actually be pretty comforting that ghosts exist, because that means some sort of afterlife exists, which means that there's someone always looking after me.

I was eight when this happened, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was eating dinner with my parents, and suddenly my dad turned around to notice a blot of ketchup on the opposite wall. Of course, being the only child, my parents immediately turned to me, since I was the one who carried the ketchup over to the table. Although, I simply carried it directly to the table, and nowhere else. I never spilled it, and the table was a good 5 feet away from the wall. How could it have gotten there?

Also, all the time, I hear stories of my toys that would go off in the middle of the night when I was very young, but they would walk into my room to find me sound asleep.

If religion, heaven, hell, ghosts; etc all exist, then I believe they do in higher dimensional space. Deceased souls are living in same universe we are, it is just a 4D world that our 3D universe is a part of. Likewise, ghosts can enter our 3D world and randomly appear in rooms undetected, as a 4D creature could probably do.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Savannah, GA which is proportedly one of the most Haunted Cities in America so I believe. My roommates tell me they keep seeing the "orange man" in my house. This spirit supposedly ripped one of my doors off of its frame. I live in a 100 year old house, so it could definitely be possible.

I'll keep you all updated

^Wow! I go to Savannah for work a lot and have always been tempted to take one of those ghosts tours but haven't gotten around to it yet. I've done similar tours in New Orleans and in St. Augustine, the New Orleans tour was awesome and the St. Augustine tour was awful.

Ive never had any personal experiences with Ghosts, but totally believe that they exists in some way shape or form.