TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

The loudest coaster I have ever heard would have to be Superman The Escape at SFMM. It makes such a deafening airplane-like roar whenever a car climbs the tower, it can be easily heard from way over at the waterpark, and probably from miles down the street on a quiet day. I'd say that "airplane roar" is at least as loud as the speaker system on Twister at USF, maybe louder!?

Loudest coaster with a chain lift is probably Firehawk at King's Island...that chain makes such an incredible racket you can barely even hear the person next to you talking.

Oh, and the Vekoma Boomerangs are pretty loud too, whenever the train comes roaring through the station.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tower of Terror in Australia, also an Intamin Reverse Freefall Coaster like Superman The Escape, is incredibly loud.

I would also give an 'honourable mention' to the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops, which make a hell of a racket, and especially the Wiener Looping / Bullet custom Shuttle Loop which had to be moved specifically because of its general loudness.

I say the louder the better though!

for those who had the pleasure of standing right next to it's inverted top hat....

Batman & Robin: The Chiller

just obnoxiously loud....everyone in movietown/old country would have to halt their conversations for a minute or two. And don't even get me started on when they dueled........ahh, the memories

for those who had the pleasure of standing right next to it's inverted top hat....

just obnoxiously loud....everyone in movietown/old country would have to halt their conversations for a minute or two. And don't even get me started on when they dueled........ahh, the memories

^Agreed. You knew that ride was running because you could hear to from freakin Medusa, on the otherside of the park. Also the Great Bear at Hershey Park is pretty damn loud.

I agree with Hypersonic's launch/car crash brakes and Vekoma Boomerangs for the station brakes (and I think the second lift is pretty bad too). Also would like to add Son of Beast with the Gtrains.... The lift hill is insanely noisy, and what I truly think is the worst part of the ride.

The single loudest moment on a coaster I've found would easily be the lift hill of Steel Hawg. It's the only time I've ever actually made an effort to plug my ears on a coaster. It definitely made the hour and a half line that much more annoying. The rest of the ride is just fine, though.

Yes the memories. In the station it was okay to talk for the time being after it launched but up and down the halls of the que's..sheesh..."Bbbvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr VOOOOOOOOOSHHHH" is all you could hear. It was pretty darn bad at times. Still a nice ride that will be missed.

Being honest also here, Hyper Sonic's launch was okay by me noise wise but those dang brakes..car crash? Nahh I'd say skate board trash can bowling with metal and tin trash cans. Its got to be the only coaster I've seen people hold thier ears for the brakes while being ON ride.

I will agree with Hypersonics brakes. OMG, the whole time in line I had to have my fingers in my ears because of the brakes on that thing. Also, at the end of GASM at SFOG when you hit the brakes at the end and then the train starts rolling again there is a loud screeching noise that is just painful. It is like nails on a chalk board!

-Superman: The Escape

-Son of Beast's lift hill.

-Firehawk's lift hill.

-Aftershock's horn right before it dispatches. It's louder than Scream's.

-Any Premier launched coaster (Speed: The Ride, Flight of Fear (especially it's launch inside), etc.)

-Mantis is probably the loudest B&M I have heard.

-Does Skull Mountain count? When I was there in the station, a bunch of kids were screaming, I had to hold my ears it was so annoying.

I would have to say Goliath SFMM has a pretty loud lift and Scream's horn can be heard from the fast food plaza on The Old Road and Rye Canyon Road, for those of you who know where that is...

Firehawk was pretty loud, and Xcelerator has a pretty nice roar t o it for a park wedged into the middle of a neighborhood.

Yes the memories. In the station it was okay to talk for the time being after it launched but up and down the halls of the que's..sheesh..."Bbbvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr VOOOOOOOOOSHHHH" is all you could hear. It was pretty darn bad at times. Still a nice ride that will be missed.

Being honest also here, Hyper Sonic's launch was okay by me noise wise but those dang brakes..car crash? Nahh I'd say skate board trash can bowling with metal and tin trash cans. Its got to be the only coaster I've seen people hold thier ears for the brakes while being ON ride.

Yep HSXLC had the LOUDEST braking system of any coaster I've ever ridden & the launch was pretty loud as well.

Dominator is loud as hell & it's just impossible to hold a conversation with anyone in the queue while a train is running.I can now understand just why KD chose to use a fully enclosed station when putting up the ride.