TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second Firehawk at Kings Island. It's ridiculously loud and because you are lying down, your ears are really close to the chain.

Also, Outlaw Run and Goliath at SFGam have really loud lifts. I think RMC likes the loud lifts to enhance the experience.

Alpengeist. Good luck talking to the person next to you. And more than half the time yelling doesn't end up working out either!

I KNOW...Great coaster, but that entire time is just constant BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG in your ear.

Great Bear at Hersheypark is extremely loud. It has the distinctive B&M roar but due to its location right over the walkway and the natural ampitheather-like geography of "The Hollow" section of the park, it is impossible to hold a conversation in the immediate area when Great Bear is being consistently dispatched.

Superman Escape From Krypton is by far the loudest I've ever heard...

Mantis and Riddler's Revenge are also very loud and can be heard from a pretty good distance

Agreed. Although I don't remember Riddler's Revenge's loudness, S:EFK and Mantis are pretty much the loudest rides you will ever hear.

Large and fast woodies are interesting, too - not that loud in themselves, but their unusual noises, including the "bumpier" sound of a high-speed woodie train (listen to Mean Streak as it passes over its entrance) and the squeaking sound present on curves (and even straightaways sometimes, or maybe I'm just going crazy )

What causes a woodie's squealing sound anyways?

As someone who worked in challenge park for a summer, I can tell you, Magnum XL-200 is freaking LOUD! Most guests don't really realize it because it's tucked away in the back of the park, but that lift is one of the loudest out there. It would feel eerily silent when that coaster went down during the day.

Mantis, I don't know what makes this B&M so loud compared to the others (even ones NOT filled with sand) but you could literally hear it all the way in the back circle of the campground (by Mean Streak).