TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

Kumba is probably the loudest ride I've heard yet. Hulk and Montu are up their as well. Hypersonic at KD was another one, notably the brake run which I absolutely hated hearing standing anywhere around the ride. I also find Arrow's lift hills quite noisy as well.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of interesting as almost none of these rides are relatively new. That leads me to the conclusion that they have been getting quieter. Now I suppose for some types of noises it can be a good thing as they may become disturbing but I think it is quite a shame that some like the B&M roar seem to be decreasing as more and more parks go for the sand filled track option. And I d genuinely think that, in some cases, it adds to the ride experience: take the case of great bear, I didn't find it awesome (my least favourite B&M invert so far) but the sheer volume of its roar makes the whole thin thing more exiting to me.

V2

Finally! Someone who agrees with me!!

I also think Raptor, Steel Venom, Mantis, Wicked Twister, Raging Bull, Superman - Ultimate Flight, and Batman-the Ride are all very loud rides. There's nothing wrong with loud rides at all (in fact if I'm walking towards the coaster and I hear it, it pumps me up a lot), but I'm just saying, they're loud!

For some reason Joker's Jinx is really loud, enough to be heard pretty much throughout the park at times. It just roars through the whole circuit. It's weird because I didn't notice Poltergeist or Flight of Fear being particularly loud.

^^^ Poltergeist is very loud as well.

I think Outlaw Run needs a mention. The sound on the twists, especially during the S turn after 153 degrees banked turn, the 90 degrees banked turn under the lift hill and the trun before hitting the brake. Anti-roll back is very loud as well.

But that makes my favorite coaster roar anywhere

Tower of Terror in Australia, also an Intamin Reverse Freefall Coaster like Superman The Escape, is incredibly loud.

Tower of Terror was recently refurbished into the Tower of Terror II. I thought that, because of the addition of a tunnel, it would be quieter. It's now ten times louder.

My vote would have to go to the former Viper at SFOG (or Greezed Lightnin' at KK). Its not necessarily loud while in circuit but when you're in the station, the sound of the brakes opening and closing were horrible on the ears.

In terms of current coasters at SFOG, the Cyclone is pretty loud and Batman The Ride has gotta be the loudest B&M at the park. I saw someone mention the Scorcher but I think Batman is louder.

Mindbender at SFOG is like a freaking ninja. It goes down the drop so smoothly and quietly, and then when it gets to the loop, it sounds like a jet on a runway.

On the other hand, its neighbor, Dare Devil Dive, is the most silent roller coaster I've never heard.

^ I was just going to post about Mindbender. That AMAZING Schwartzkopf roar through the loops. It is like "loud brain candy" for me.

Kumba is also just awesomely loud. It fits with the theme and just makes the ride feel "wilder."

Comparing that to rides like Talon and Hydra - night and day. The sand-filled rides are SO quiet - you don't really hear the trains, just the people screaming.

My vote would have to go to the former Viper at SFOG (or Greezed Lightnin' at KK). Its not necessarily loud while in circuit but when you're in the station, the sound of the brakes opening and closing were horrible on the ears.

In terms of current coasters at SFOG, the Cyclone is pretty loud and Batman The Ride has gotta be the loudest B&M at the park. I saw someone mention the Scorcher but I think Batman is louder.

Ya, I agree.. Batman clones are some of the loudest B&Ms I've heard.

The B&M giga, Leviathan, is also very loud when going down the first drop.. You can hear it from all over the park.

Also, the Mindbender at Galaxyland, West Edmonton Mall, was also very loud, and sounded almost like a B&M. It was made even louder by the fact that it's inside an echoey building.

• 6 months later...

The Morgan trains for wooden coasters are very loud!

Also, here's a random L&T systems at Granby Zoo in Québec, which has such a loud lift hill it actually surprised me the first time :

(sorry for my site's logo at the beginning of the video)

Which roller coaster has the loudest chain lift you have ever been on? I'm thinking for me right now it would be Valleyfair's Wild Thing. The lift on Wild Things seems pretty loud.

I agree, Wild Thing does have quite a loud lift hill. Depending on where you sit, it can sometimes sound like a jackhammer.

This might just be me, but all old Arrow coasters I've ridden have relatively loud lift hills.