TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are some loud rides and coasters?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that people are saying Intamin Accelerators are noisy when launching. Superman Escape here in Australia is very quiet when launching, all you can hear is a high pitched "whizzing" noise as the cable is pulled. The nearby S&S spaceshot makes a lot more noise than the accelerator does. Maybe superman isnt that loud because its quite short in height for an accelerator?

Superman at SFMM is IMO the loudest I've ever heard. I had a friend who told me that back in the age of pay phones they actually had one right under Superman somewhere in the passageway that goes underneath it. Apparently the phone had been installed there before they built Superman and that they took it out for very obvious reasons!

Other rides/coasters that I found to be unusually loud include the Blackbeard's (whatever, can't think of the whole name) at SF Great Adventure - it was IMO incredibly noisy for a family/kiddie coaster, kind of like the sound a Jr. B&M might make if there was such a thing. Also, any of the S&S swings make a fearsome and powerful rush of sound (which I really like - it adds much to the atmosphere of the ride and makes for a more intimidating experience), kind of like the breathing of some giant creature (could make for some interesting themeing, though, not sure what it could be themed to - Godzilla, perhaps?)

I think that Kraken at SWO has sand in it.

And other rides at KD that are loud are:

Dominator - The roar is load when your standing under it in the queue. It can also be loud in the parking lot.

Anaconda - The lift hill

Shockwave - The loop

Hurler - When it used to squeek around turns and those darn trim brakes

The Green Lantern Coaster at Great Adventure (formerly Chang) has a amazing B&M roar. You can hear it from anywhere on the boardwalk, and from Kingda Ka's line. Also, Bizzaro at Great Adventure is also horribly loud right in between the dive loop and the zero G roll. The rattle and roar almost makes waiting in line unbearable.

The Green Lantern Coaster at Great Adventure (formerly Chang) has a amazing B&M roar. You can hear it from anywhere on the boardwalk, and from Kingda Ka's line.

I was just going to say Green Lantern. It actually bothered me when I rode it, first time a rides noise gave me a headache after the ride was over.

I am going to have to go with Superman as well standing under that tower is like standing to close to a jet taking off. Zonga and Flashback both come in a close second although standing in the boarding station of the old Tidal Wave/Greased Lightnin' at CGA was also pretty loud as well