TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is there a ride or attraction you'd wait 5 hours for?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, during Maverick's opening season I ran to the back of the park around opening and still waited 3+ hours. Liked it so much I went back and got in line 30 minutes before close and waited another 2 and a half. Seriously worth it though.

That's the one thing Cedar Point/Cedar Fair did/still does that I liked. They don't close lines off until park close. It was just Maverick and TTD running for a good hour, and I walked out of an empty park when I did get off around 1, or so. Which was kinda neat. The only thing you heard was TTD's launch and a few screams.

The only way I'd wait 5 hours for anything is if its an awesome ride thats closing forever, or if its a good ride at a faraway park that I've been to, don't have the credit, got all the other crappy credits and other cool rides in the park, and won't be returning to that park for a third time for a while.

Coasters/amusement parks:

--If I was at a park and came there for one awesome coaster in particular, and I knew I wasn't going to be back for a while, and if the coaster was REALLY worth it more-so than anything else at the park

--If I was waiting with some really interesting people, and we were playing an epic game of ninja or something else in the queue, and the rest of the park I had already hit up. I suppose with interesting company, any length of queue can become fun.

--If it was really special circumstances, like my home park getting a giga coaster or something crazy and I just had to ride it on opening day, or if it was a fairly good coaster that was going away forever and I had only one day left to get the credit.

Non-coasters:

--A KILLER deal. Like "first 100 people get season passes for life" or "first 50 people get a brand new car" and then maybe I'd park myself in line to catch the prize.

Can't think of anything else! 5 hours is a LOT! 2-3 hours is pretty much my max.

I waited nearly 3 hours for Big Bad Wolf the first time I ever got to ride it (almost 20 years ago now...aaaand I feel old...) We probably wouldn't have waited if we knew it would be that long, since back then I was not a particularly patient sort (what eleven year old is?), but the wait started at about an hour and a half and just kept getting longer because of mechanical issues they were having with the coaster. Ended up being worth it though...and I'd wait the five hours if it would mean I could get on that ride again. Other than that, though, I can't think of many. A few of my favorites only if it was my last chance to ride them, but otherwise, there's just too much else to do at any park in five hours.

Okay...maybe Boulder Dash after dark. That would be worth five hours any time.

Though I was part of that contingency that waited at Fujiqueueueueue. Like Bill said, 20 min for Fujiyama, 2+ hrs for Dodonpa, and about 3-1/2 hours for the dreaded Ejeinaika. I also dread going back there again someday!

I was right with you in that Eejanaika wait. The only reason I waited those 3-1/2 hours was I have been to the park before and that and Fujiyama were the only two coasters at the park I had not ridden yet. If that trip had been my first time I probably would have skipped Eejanaika in favor of the other coasters in the park.

It would take very special circumstances for me to ever wait that long again.

Longest I've waited was 3 hours for Journey to the Centre of the Earth at Disney Sea and it was worth it!

Before that I waited a horrible amount of time at Lightwater Valley for the Dinosaur Coaster, which along with the Ultimate and the amazing fence maze were the only rides we managed that entire day!

Generally though if I've already been on it, 20 minutes is probably the most I can manage to wait. (Was also spoiled by living close to Disney World for a while)!

I don't think I have ever waited more than 3 hours (Millenium force, opening year). If i were with the right people in the right circumstances (read Fuji-Q with TPR friends without line skip) I would likely wait that long again. That being said, if there was any way around waiting that long, I would have it.

thee longest ive waited is 2 and a half hours on firehawk last year. It was orignally 90 minutes but then it got broke down/somebody lost a loose article. so it became 2 and a half hours. My dad has waited about 5 hours for the beast before and he said the line went all the way back to the effiel tower . he also waited 2 hours to get on vortex opening year.

The maxinum ill accept is 2 hours at most but when i dont feel like waiting the maxinum ill wait is 50 minutes.

The longest I waited was probably a full queue for Millennium Force + 1 break down and switching to 2 train op half the way through the line. I think it was about 2.5 hours or so. Dragster is up there as well. I've waited about 90 minutes for Space Mountain at DL on a Friday night around midnight. And this year I waited about an hour for Rock'n Roller Coaster.

I've been pretty good at going to parks at the right time, or going with the right people (TPR perks!).

Oh, I also waited a bit for Tower of Terror at Dreamland in Australia.

I'd wait 5 hours for a coaster with:

-Ride time of SD2000 (including lift)

-Skyrush-like lift

-Disney Level Theming (Expedition Everest/ Radiator Springs Racer)

-SkyRush & El Toro airtime

-High Speed Curves, tunnels and terrain hugging like on The Voyage & Maverick

-400+' Drop

-Nice Scenery

-Smooth

-Goes through an underwater-glass tunnel

-No trims

-Multiple launches

-Comfy B&M Trains

-Lap bars

Yes, for a ride like this, I'd wait even more....

Oh, I also waited a bit for Tower of Terror at Dreamland in Australia.

The shortest wait I've ever had on that ride is 25 minutes (midweek, schools in, park very quiet). It is a capacity nightmare. Even when the ride ops are working quickly throughput is only ~400 riders per hour. Great ride though, and even better since they turned it backwards.

I've been pretty good at going to parks at the right time, or going with the right people (TPR perks!).

Picking the right day to visit is almost always the best way to minimise waits, as well as some knowledge of which rides get busy early or late in the day. Of course these days having plenty of money to buy express passess isn't a bad strategy either...

When I was a little kid, we waited over 3 hours for a brand new Psyclone at SFMM during spring break. I remember that the parent that brought us said 'ok one more ride' at some freakishly early hour, so I plopped us in the longest line in the park to prevent leaving. It started where Roaring Rapids queue block is. Good times!

Would I wait 5 hours for anything today? Probably not.

• 9 months later...

I've waited at longest 2.5 hours for Raging Bull @ SFGAm. Then I moved to CO and have hit Elitches 6 times, mostly on dead days. I'm trapping myself into never even thinking of waiting in long lines again (And by long I mean like 30-45 minutes) :/ Would I wait 5 hours for something? No. That's a worthless idea, I could use that time for something else.

Does arriving at the park at 5 am on opening day and waiting until they open the new coaster to be on one of the first trains to the general public count? If so that's what I did for diamondback but even then it was 4 hours. I wouldn't have waited in that massive line that happened right after opening though.