TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is there a ride or attraction you'd wait 5 hours for?

No, no, no, no, and NO!!! I've never waited that long for a ride in my entire life! The most I waited was 2 hours for Bizarro at SFNE...and that sucked (the line, most certainly not the ride...which was the polar opposite of suck). I simply don't have it in me to wait too long for a ride (1 hour is usually my limit), let alone 5 f#%king hours! Going to a park on a day that lines are that long is a nightmare situation for me. This is why I go out of my way to go to parks on off days.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no ride I would wait 5 hours for, even if I knew I would never have another chance to go to that park again. I don't like waiting more than 30 minutes for anything and would maybe wait an hour for a new ride at a park I won't be back at any time soon but otherwise I would skip the ride.

Santa Claw, 'Nuff said...

By the way, I do count the Santa Claw as an attraction Just not at a theme park.

Other than that, I would not wait that long unless all attractions were like that where I'd have no choice. When visiting a theme park, I usually try to make the most as possible out of my day. I don't run from 1 ride to the next but I don't fart around either via spending an hour on a park bench. When I see a long line, I ditch it since I know that most of my day will be consumed standing and nowhere to sit (unless I want a ride op to yell at me for sitting on handrails).

SC1.jpg.dc893f9fb13a295611e752abce14ed4d.jpg

Screw the 5 hours, I'll wait 12 hours for it!

If it was a decent credit I'd not been on, and wasn't going to have another chance anytime soon, or if it was my last ride ever on something, I'd wait as long as I needed to. Otherwise, I won't wait more than an hour for anything I've already been on. At my home park, since I'm there for work 6 days a week, I almost won't go on anything that's not a walk-on or close to it (10-15 minutes or less). "There's always tomorrow"

*Unless I'm there with friends and I've actually set apart a day to go.

Midwest Trip '07. Cedar Point Day 1... rain %80 of the day. Waiting nearly 7 hours for Maverick to open. It opened, and it was amazing.

Good times.

Would I do it again? Hell no.

Other things I'd wait five hours for... A concert.

See, I still think that's different though. Same with our Eejanaika wait. You were waiting around a closed ride for it to open. It wasn't a slowly moving constant seven hour line. It's easy if you can just sit and wait it out. But the idea of waiting for an open ride moving slowly for five hours?!?! Terrible!

I may be tempted to wait 5 hours for Leviathan or Skyrush because they look awesome.

Other than that, the longest line I stood in for a roller coaster was like 2-3 hours at SFGAdv.

The longest line I stood in was a couple Saturdays ago.

The tattoo shop I go to was having a holiday special, $25 dollar tattoos all day, (they're the best shop on Staten Island) and we got there at 3, didn't get set up/start the tattoos for me and my friends until around 7:30.

This was the longest line queue I've ever seen. Maybe the last people in the queue were 5h or more, but the park officialy said 4:30h...

selva.JPG.294f4727b5cbdd70a74bb679fcaf2d51.JPG

This was at the European biggest outside terror maze in portAventura in 2011... la Selva del Miedo.

I've seen a ride with a wait of over 6.5 hours, I went to Disneyland a few days after the Finding Nemo submarines opened and they had a wait of over 4.5 hours about an hour after the park opened, by the time I went over to California Adventure about two hours later the sign said 6 hours and 45 minutes. Some people

Generally speaking, the answer is no. I can think of no existing ride I would wait 5 hours for.

I would plan to go on a slow day, buy a fast pass, pretend-cough excessively in line without covering my mouth while complaining how bad the flu I'm getting is, or better yet, yell "OMG, Justin Bieber/Justin Timberlake/Justin Long" is signing autographs in the park!" (OK, that last one probably wouldn't empty out the queue much).

But in the event I was at a park I knew I would most likely never get back to, and the ride had NO comparable experience at any other park, and I had ridden everything else I wanted to, in that most unlikely case, I probably would wait at that point.

Short answer, no; I'm to the point where I would consider NOT going to a park if they didn't offer some kind of Fast Pass system or I was just by myself with no one to keep me company in line. I loved Cedar Point, but the thought of waiting 45+ minutes for most of the main coasters would likely convince me to go somewhere like Six Flags Great Adventure, where I wouldn't have to spend the majority of my day in a crowded line (this last sentence was a hint to any Cedar Fair employees that might be here to hurry up and get a line skipping system ).

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I wanted to say that i think they used to but got rid of it.

No. I've only waited for one hour+ a handful of times (Spiderman, Forbidden Journey NYE last year, etc.). The longest I ever waited for any ride was 1.5 hours for Dragster, but an hour of that was downtime. The only reason I even did that was I had already gotten the rest of the credits at CP. That's why I love things like Flash Pass.

^^ Well now that Dick is gone, word on the street is Worlds of Fun will be getting it as part of their ADA enhancements this year. With Mamba, Nile, Prowler, Poofer, Detonator, and Patriot having minimum 1 hour waits in the summer, it should work out well for them.

So with Knott and Kings Island having it, rumored Worlds of Fun getting it, I wonder who else will pop up with it this summer. Long lines turn me off, so if they were to add this to more of their other parks, I might would consider visiting in the peak season.

If I ever went to Dubai then maybe, MAYBE I'd wait that long to ride Formula Rossa.

You shouldn't have to. I can't imagine the wait for that ride is ever more than thirty minutes, and that only happens when everyone in the entire park is queueing for it...

BTW, sorry to raise my pet peeve again, but Ferrari World is not in Dubai; it's in Abu Dhabi, a neighbouring emirate – in American terms, mixing that up is like saying that Coney Island is in New Jersey.

^lol... who would wait that long for Mantis?

If the Theme Park Mafia forced me to wait in a 5-hour line for any ride at Cedar Point, it would probably be Maverick or MF. But unless it was life-or-death, I would not wait that long...

^^^You mean Coney Island isn't in New Jersey? I kid, I kid.

On topic, I would wait 5 hours for a new Intamin hyper/giga at a nearby park (think day it opens new), or something said to be very good that I wouldn't get to ride again for a very long time (Expedition GeForce, iSpeed, Eejanaika, etc).

I think the only thing I'd wait 5 hours for would be El Toro if they suddenly decided to demolish it for a relocated B&M or something. If I went to a park and there were 5 hour waits, I'd just leave and find another park within a 5 hour drive.

I do remember a couple of years back at Six Flags Great Adventure's Fright Fest, me and my friends were too young/moneyless to afford QBots, and we seriously waited 2 hours for Nitro (full queue house), 2.5 for El Toro (full queue, out the entrance, under the structure, back past the other side, and onto the bridge that leads to Bizarro), 2 hours for Bizarro (full queue), 3 hours for Superman, and 45 minutes for Kingda Ka. I really have to wonder what that park's capacity is.