TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is there a ride or attraction you'd wait 5 hours for?

Hey everyone!

With some crazy wait times being reported this week and Soarin clocking in at 300 minutes today it got me thinking...Is there any ride/attraction I would wait five hours for? Circumstances? Anything other than a ride or attraction you'd wait five hours for?!

Post and let us know! I'll get started:

Ride/Attraction:

- If I didn't have KT with me, and I had been on EVERY other ride/attraction and I needed a credit and was bored, I suppose I would wait around a ton of hours to get a decent credit. We once waited 3 hours for them to open up Eejanaika at FujiQ, when pretty much nothing else was running and I didn't feel like wandering around FujiQ. I don't think I could do 5 hours though.

Other Stuff:

- I suppose I would wait five hours for a Jeremy Clarkson/Joey Fatone threesome? Maybe.

Your turn!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... when I was younger, dumber and didn't know the meaning of "Come back when the park is less crowded" I did stand in a five hour wait... for OL:FOF at KD on opening day.

Now, I'll admit, being young and stupid has it's advantages: People really do expect less of you. But that should NOT be a reason that one does really stupid things- such as not wearing a hat OR sunblock on a hot June afternoon while waiting for said new-technology ride. Or forgetting to go to the bathroom PRIOR to boarding said new-technology coaster. After drinking a ginormous Coca Cola prior to ENTERING THE LINE of DOOM.

Nowadays, lines mean nothing to me (Go ahead everyone: Eat your heart out.)

Now, there ARE some things other than parks I'd wait over five hours for:

Jason Statham/Vin Diesel three way, but that goes without saying

In my experience, I've never waited more than 2 hours for an attraction, I just don't see the point of spending your whole day in line for something like that. The longest I'd be willing to wait is 3 hours for Millenium Force or Dragster, since I've never been to Cedar Point.

However, I did wait in line for 5 hours at CGA's job fair earlier this year, but considering the end of the line meant being employed (and being promoted to supervisor), it was certainly worth the wait.

^^See, five hours in a line for a minimum wage job seems kind of dumb. I wouldn't want to work for an organization that was that poorly organized!

I just can't even fathom waiting in a slowly moving line for five hours. Surely sometime during that time you'll have to eat or go to the bathroom or get a drink...how does this even work!?!?

^^See, five hours in a line for a minimum wage job seems kind of dumb. I wouldn't want to work for an organization that was that poorly organized!

I just can't even fathom waiting in a slowly moving line for five hours. Surely sometime during that time you'll have to eat or go to the bathroom or get a drink...how does this even work!?!?

This is where SFGAM cashes in for Raging Bull's line. In the queue houses, they have employees with food, lemonade, and slushies walking around, taunting you. So when you're in line for two hours, you are bound to give in at buying a 4 dollar lemonade.

Short answer, no; I'm to the point where I would consider NOT going to a park if they didn't offer some kind of Fast Pass system or I was just by myself with no one to keep me company in line. I loved Cedar Point, but the thought of waiting 45+ minutes for most of the main coasters would likely convince me to go somewhere like Six Flags Great Adventure, where I wouldn't have to spend the majority of my day in a crowded line (this last sentence was a hint to any Cedar Fair employees that might be here to hurry up and get a line skipping system ).

This is where SFGAM cashes in for Raging Bull's line. In the queue houses, they have employees with food, lemonade, and slushies walking around, taunting you. So when you're in line for two hours, you are bound to give in at buying a 4 dollar lemonade.

I think I remember SFGAdv Green Lantern's line having nachos squeezed somewhere in there too.

If there is a certain major/special/unique attraction that is the major reason for being wherever you're at, that usually deems waiting whatever necessary. If I've done everything else and want a new credit that isn't just a wild mouse or boring clone, I'd wait a while for that as well.

Is this where I post who I'd have a threesome with?

I think the longest I've ever waited for an attraction was 3.5 hours for Curse of DarKastle on its opening day at BGW and the same for Eejanaika at Fuji Q. Not sure I could deal with five hours.

Edited by cfc

No. I plan my trips around not hitting lines. Avoiding weekends, avoid holidays, avoid summer.

If one of my favorite attractions was closing I would wait 5 hours to be on the last train.

I actually visited a park this week (Busch Gardens Tampa). I went early, rode what I wanted to ride (Cheetah Hunt once, Kumba 6 times, Scorpion once, and Rhino Rally once), then when the lines got ridiculous I took the tram over to my car (parked in row one!) got my Camera and went to see the shows,animals and take pictures for the rest of the day.

It was pretty enjoyable.

Hypothetically, if the only chance I had to get on a ride like Expedition GeForce, Nemisis, or T-Express is if I had to wait in a 5-hour line at that specific time, then sure I would do it, but realistically that's not going to happen.

The opportunity cost for me to wait for rides like I305 and Skyrush are very high, I'd wait hours, but thankfully I will ride them with TPR on New Hotness next year so I probably won't have to wait very long.

Never!

In home parks I dont wait longer than 20 minutes. While travelling not longer than 1 hour even if its likely I'll never come by that coaster again. I love riding coasters but life is too short for longer waits.

Thats why I dont go to parks during school vacations, public holidays and weekends.