TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Tulip Thrills Amusement Park - TDI

Lately, a man named Thomas D. Inwheeler has opened a new company called TDI, Thrill Designs Incorporated. The new company is creating a chain of (NCSO) family parks and that begins in Tulip Thrills Amusement Park, Inwheeler's first real park after a few funfairs and small parks. Tulip Thrills will have four main areas based on Rome, China, France, and Egypt, all squashed into an 80x80 scenario. After this park is done, Inwheeler will work on a MUCH bigger park (190x190), but the name has not been chosen. Inwheeler has hired a company called the Snack Stop to cover most of the eating/restroom facilities and I must say, their burgers are good!I'm Dylan Irvings, his reporter that will cover the park and hopefully more to come. (Sorry for the lack of screens, I'll have some up more soon. )

Phew. now that's over with, lets get onto the pictures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pre-Open Construction

SCR1.BMP

A view of the breathtaking forest, we actually found a hobo that set up camp here while we cleared some away.

SCR2.BMP

The turn styles have been placed (Don't worry, that's the pathway for Rome now) and the first Snack Stop is ready to serve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget your daily C&C, TPR! I will have another update today or tomorrow.

Edited by RCTrioFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys, its Dylan Irvings here, and I'm asking: should I keep this intamin? Sorry about the guests, I got bored and opened the park.

SCR3.BMP

Should I keep it or not?

I think you should keep it, but change the layout. First, I would revise that steep upwards turnaround, you're going to get some crazy high lats on it. I suggest that you make it a wider, flat turnaround. Also, don't forget the brake run at the end! You don't seem to have one .

I think you should keep it, but change the layout. First, I would revise that steep upwards turnaround, you're going to get some crazy high lats on it. I suggest that you make it a wider, flat turnaround. Also, don't forget the brake run at the end! You don't seem to have one .

Ok, will do that tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

After many times to bring myself to update and many fails (cough couch *Mine* cough *Craft* cough), I've finally decided to post an update!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tulip Thrills Amusement Park - TDI - Year Three

Dylan Irvings here with an update from TDI! Inwheeler has bough out Snack Stop and changed it a bit into Snack Shack, with food being served from different franchises like McDonalds! There has been major renovation and we shall open on year five, two years later than expected. So lets get onto those Polaroids, shall we?

SCR6.BMP

Scream Surge, at the start of the park. It is more Roman themed than anything else and we are debating to renovate it.

SCR7.BMP

Another angle.

SCR8.BMP

InterTulip Tramway, along with part of Tulip Thrills - China and the Snake Helter Skelter.

SCR9.BMP

Another angle.

SCR10.BMP

A view of the China part of Tulip Thrills. Visible is the Vekoma Jr. Coaster (name undecided) and the Vekoma Boomerang, Katana Kleaver. Also there is a space rings ride named Yin and Yang Portals, themed to two themed pairs of portals.

SCR11.BMP

Another angle. A Snack Shack is visible here.

SCR12.BMP

The other path that will branch off into Rome, and the revised turnaround for the Intamin (name undecided).

SCR13.BMP

A view of the Rome area. A Snack Shack here has a nice riverside dining area.

Dylan Irvings signing off. Update tomorrow, I (hopefully) promise! Don't forget those Cookies & Cream!

Great coasters, great scenery, great park. Just wondering, you said the park was NCSO but you have different paths not from the original RCT2, do you mean NCSO for something like Wacky Worlds or any expansion pack? I might download it later and want to be sure I can actually download it as well as keep my computer pure of any CS paths. Thanks

Great coasters, great scenery, great park. Just wondering, you said the park was NCSO but you have different paths not from the original RCT2, do you mean NCSO for something like Wacky Worlds or any expansion pack? I might download it later and want to be sure I can actually download it as well as keep my computer pure of any CS paths. Thanks

They are WW/TT paths. I only used the paths though, there are only two paths from WW/TT and no Scenery from WW/TT. I don't know about the rides, have at least one that is WW/TT. Thanks for the positive feed back and I hope you have some C&C as I want to improve.

Update time!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dylan Irvings is ready to take you on a tour of the awesome (incomplete) new lands of Rome and France!

SCR13.BMP

Here is a picture of Rome you may have seen already. Nothing really special.

SCR14.BMP

'Nuther angle.

SCR15.BMP

Updated layout. We told Intamin not to have the turnaround extend over the pathway, but oh well.

SCR16.BMP

Here's some of France. Crossroads is visible as well as park of the Disk-O fairground ride.

Dylan Irvings signing off. Short update, hope you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfinished around the edges, I was originally going to finish this up before I posted here as I already had posted in the Preview thread a while back today but I have no time so I'm just gonna post this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dylan Irvings has a surprise for you... the (almost) completion of France! The centrepiece of this is truly amazing as we hired Schwarzkopf to make a Jet star coaster into a small space in the corner of the park!This was completed one week before opening day and we were lucky because after testing ( it went smoothly by the way) It started to rain as I snapped these Polaroids!

SCR2.BMP

From preview thread.

SCR3.BMP

Also preview thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of great stuff in that photo, looks like a beautiful coaster. I'm not sure about those supports over the path though. Try something else perhaps. And the different path colors, just can't get into them. Other than those 2 minor things, great work.

Lots of great stuff in that photo, looks like a beautiful coaster. I'm not sure about those supports over the path though. Try something else perhaps. And the different path colors, just can't get into them. Other than those 2 minor things, great work.

Thanks but I personally love the colors of the path and they're the closest I can get to France colors (it's more Italy but oh well). I also appreciate your feedback and I may fix the supports.

Thanks but I personally love the colors of the path and they're the closest I can get to France colors (it's more Italy but oh well). I also appreciate your feedback and I may fix the supports.

That's fine, the most important opinion is yours. Never do something to your work that you personally don't agree with. I respect that. Great job, again.

Opening day is here! (Real reason behind the removing of the Egypt section is that I forgot to include the scenery, it's gonna be a pain in the butt to make an Egyptian section without Egyptian scenery.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dylan Irvings live, and boy, in the biggest park coming to New Jersey is... Tulip Thrills! Yes, that's right, September the First was opening day here in the outskirts of Trenton! (Fictional) We've only had two lawsuits, one over Snack Shack (we won), the pre-copyrighted name. Also we were going to include a genuine Egyptian artifact in the Egypt area but a group of archeologists who owned a museum refused to let us use one, even one from a different musuem. Unfortunately the jury also had a few ex-archeologists and they shut down our entire land. So looks like whoever wins a suggestion for a new land gets a free season pass!

SCR1.BMP

A tram arrives and people pour in clutching their tickets. We made 30,000$ on our first day - that's some serious money for a park this big!

SCR2.BMP

The soon-to-be occupied roads of China and the main pathway. There is the Snake Helter-Skelter visible here.

SCR3.BMP

Occupied now, eh?

SCR4.BMP

There's Scream Surge! We didn't renovate it, but we included an enterance to Rome nearby.

SCR5.BMP

Overview of the 3/4th completed Rome area. We added a new addition for year 5, a week before opening day - a new Schwarzkopf shuttle loop named Wings of Apollo. Also visible is the Intamin hyper named Embers of Rome. They like the word "of" a lot, I can see.

SCR7.BMP

France. The centrepiece for this land is a Jet Star coaster named Lumiere Mason (the real word for lighthouse is "Phare" but that sounds too short) and visible in the corner is Rome's Legend of Pegasus, a carousel.

SCR8.BMP

Wings of Apollo, the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop. (Its actually just a Turbine with added scenery. Shh! Don't tell anyone!) Also you can see InterTulip Tramway disappearing into the forest underground.

SCR9.BMP

Dynasty Splashdown in China. Work is MUCH needed here as it is very bland at the moment.

SCR10.BMP

A tram passes with guests waiting at the gates. We hired a number of security guards to keep casualties to a minimum. Rides visible are Katana Kleaver, Yin and Yang, and the Scuttler.

SCR11.BMP

Lumiere Mason, FINISHED! France is officially complete!

SCR14.BMP

Overview. Don't forget to send or email those name suggestions!

There we have it, our first official TDI park on opening day. See ya for the last few updates, then join us at Pinewood Amusements!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C&C appreciated as this is my first opening day, after all.

Looking good for a theme area... but you might want to take a look at your shuttle loop...

I made (a long while back) a Schwarzkopf shuttle loop that is to 'scale' for the ride itself. Of all the Schwarzkopf coasters, it's a fast easy fix- and by far one that you really don't have to 'realism' up to make it fit right. Through no fault of RCT II, and by complete chance, the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop actually looks better without adding supports to it, as the natural build of the ride works perfectly as how the game builds it.

Here's a link to the 'scaled' Shuttle Loop:

American Revolution- scaled Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop

R.D.

GFMT

Looking good for a theme area... but you might want to take a look at your shuttle loop...

I made (a long while back) a Schwarzkopf shuttle loop that is to 'scale' for the ride itself. Of all the Schwarzkopf coasters, it's a fast easy fix- and by far one that you really don't have to 'realism' up to make it fit right. Through no fault of RCT II, and by complete chance, the Schwarzkopf shuttle loop actually looks better without adding supports to it, as the natural build of the ride works perfectly as how the game builds it.

Here's a link to the 'scaled' Shuttle Loop:

American Revolution- scaled Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop

R.D.

GFMT

Thanks for the tip QueerRudie! Its just that I almost have never rode a Schwarzkopf as the only major parks I've been to recently are Six Flags. They don't really care about Schwarzkopf beauties much but they fill up their parks with lipping Vekoma boomerangs. Seriously.

I really like this park! There are some really cool things here, but there are also some odd things. I really like the Schwarzkopf up until the mid course...which isn't in the middle of the ride. Why does the track basically go straight back to the station after the mid course? And not meander about a bit and use the height a bit more?

Well, this is a no-picture update but right now I really need help on deciding the last theme area before I post up Pinewood Amusements. Choices are:

Brazil

USA

Other

Short, but sweet. And a little teaser... something big is coming, but it may not be a coaster... and think Beavers.

Thank you for your time and patronage.

-Dylan Irvings-

Press Association

Thrill Designs Inc.

I think that most parks with different country theming's would go U.S.A. For the time period, I would make it in the fifties and or sixties, because I am a huge fan of that style of architecture. And as to the last clue...

CANADA!!!

I.... I have no idea how you came up with that ... Canada...

I am not good at historical architecture and I probably would fail at making that. I might Google some pictures but I just had an idea. I might make a futuristic zone or a retro zone (like you said.) Maybe I'll go medieval!