TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Waterwood

A long, long while ago, I created my first major RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 park - which I called Wildwood Amusement Park. It was in a beautiful hilly setting, but it was your typical amusement park - roller coaster here, ride there, shop there. I had planned on expanding it based on RCT3's two expansions - Soaked and Wild - with the two extra parks named "Wildwood SOAKED!" and "WILD!wood" respectively.

Well, those fell through, and I haven't touched the projects since.

A couple of weeks ago, I got inspiration to reboot the Wildwood project using modern custom content - but to do things differently. I wanted a challenge. So, I decided to create a park based on my favorite kinds of attractions - water attractions. So, I'm creating a water park, with no slides.

I call it Waterwood. Take a look. Keep in mind that most (if not all) shots for a while will be very rough and unfinished.

Shot0055.thumb.jpg.3b8d5ffe35ebf07fa587e71ba5cf8115.jpg

This area is probably the most finished at this point. It's the entrance plaza for the "Contraption", a suspended top spin.

Shot0056.thumb.jpg.6117edc729bae358d9b800a89d14b73e.jpg

As you can see, the suspended top spin is very wet. This is further promoted by the strategically-placed water cannons.

Shot0057.thumb.jpg.807618cda367f0c286bc27ea40a12844.jpg

Here's one of the stations for the "Sky Lift", a chairlift ride from the park's lowest point to its highest point.

Shot0058.thumb.jpg.ffa5459f141ed407c97c2f96930a0bcc.jpg

Here's the dock for the park's adventure flume ride, the "River Run".

Edited by A.J.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep adding more and more vegetation. You should also try adding some rocks around the water shore. Another tip I would highly suggest is use the terraformer to use different landscape option other than just grass. Some dirt, sand, and others would look really well among the vegetation.

Remember, its all about 3 things: 1) Atmosphere. 2) Atmosphere. 3) Atmosphere. So small plants and details really go along ways. For example, on your 'sky ride' building, try adding a small window shrub under the window. Fill in those empty spaces!

Keep it coming!

Remember, its all about 3 things: 1) Atmosphere. 2) Atmosphere. 3) Atmosphere. So small plants and details really go along ways. For example, on your 'sky ride' building, try adding a small window shrub under the window. Fill in those empty spaces!

Actually, you're 1/3rd right: 1.) RIDES 2.) SHOWS AND ATTRACTIONS and 3.)ATMOSPHERE. Without the first two, you won't have #3.

R.D.

GFMT

Actually, you're 1/3rd right: 1.) RIDES 2.) SHOWS AND ATTRACTIONS and 3.)ATMOSPHERE. Without the first two, you won't have #3.

R.D.

GFMT

I'd put atmosphere over rides and attractions any day! I'll take Knoebels over Six Flags every chance I could.

As for the park, I think the monotony of the buildings as a result of using mostly one set for walls, in combination with the lack of ground textures is what's holding it back for me. I'd recommend Weber's sets to help bring out a really nice display of foliage and buildings. http://velvetskyemusic.com/RCT3_files/Rct3_Land_a.html He's got tons of useful rustic sets and vegetation enhancers!

I think the park has got potential, but with every park, there's always little things holding it back which could make it great!

Nice Park so far, I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this project, One suggestion I have is that ou should download the wooden support overhaul to make your wooden supports more realistic without having to custom support rides, It can be downloaded here

Apart from that it's looking good.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Shot0059.thumb.jpg.0b6179e5def61e8b486ffc55efd37dee.jpg

The Contraption's entrance plaza is now 95 percent finished.

Shot0060.thumb.jpg.3d0bd4c2ea19dd9849500c36bec866fd.jpg

Buildings with a blue roof color are guest facilities, such as restrooms and information centers.

Shot0061.thumb.jpg.429fc08e663b31e79f8b1a6e0036daf0.jpg

This is the Contraption's overflow queue, themed to a dock. The restrooms glitch because of the walls. If anyone knows of an invisible restroom, let me know.

Shot0062.thumb.jpg.cb11af3ad569bf8cf98dfe99dab208b8.jpg

Beauty shot. Is that a roller coaster in the background? I wonder what it could be... [/sarcasm]

Shot0063.thumb.jpg.7873343b21df85965a274b4033f8118b.jpg

Same shot, but at night.

I posted yesterday... dunno what happened to my post, I suppose I'll repost it.

[MOD EDIT: Chances are you posted a link to somebody's site without clearing it with a moderator- or the person who MADE the items in the first place. R.D. GFMT]

Yeah, Invisible Doodads is the way to go. I'd use them for your paths as well. The concrete doesn't work with the rustic theme. You can use the ground textures and you've got virtually an unlimited number of options. Keep experimenting! Just about every set out there can mix with the rustic theme in some way shape or form.. Add in different windows, walls, etc. Brick works, rock works, stucco works. Variety is key to the rustic theme.

Edited by QueerRudie

A word about pathways - I've decided to use invisible paths with ground textures. The reason for using these as opposed to terrain covers is because using terrain covers gets rid of shadows on the pathways. I'm creating this park with a goal to have the least amount of shadow loss possible.

A word about theme - I'm not going with a single theme for the entire park. The park will be set up with two "large, compacted towns" at either end of the park. The south end is based around shyguy's Catfish Cove and Weber's Rustic Walls, while the north end is based around Vodhin's Vermont and Log Cabin themes. The small areas in between the two towns are mixed.

Shot0064.thumb.jpg.6aa5ac9229b0e75109d72048613bedfe.jpg

Here is the Contraption plaza with the new pathways. I think they look great, and even though they are still tarmac pathways, they look a little more "natural".

Shot0065.thumb.jpg.751fada47d737df635b364ff0fa7d0c2.jpg

Here's the Sky Lift's south station.

Shot0066.thumb.jpg.a526c294f36add5967c52514d71d5d46.jpg

This will end up being one of, if not the most visually-stunning ride in the park. The Riverside Swing swings directly out over water in one direction and over queuing guests in the other.

Shot0067.thumb.jpg.f7e54139e97fde3f4683d2f1eee01de7.jpg

This is the dock for the River Run, a Jungle Cruise-esque slow boat ride that takes a wrong turn and sends riders through a wet and wild experience.

• 4 weeks later...

More productive things have come up that have forced me to push back the project.

It's certainly not trashed though. Perhaps I'll be able to work on it in the Spring.