TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

POLL: Would you be on Fear Factor?

Twister II

Would you be on Fear Factor?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be on Fear Factor?

• YES! Send the blended spiders and snakes over!
    • NO! I would rather watch it from my bug-free home!

As I was scrolling through the channels last night, I noticed a couple sucking down some blended worms, stink beetles, and fly. All of that topped with some curdled milk. So the clear choice is to stop everything I am doing and watch the compelling horror unfold.

The last stunt was when one person was dropped 5 stories through plywood and other materials and the other was rocketed up 5 stories through the same material. I watched thinking, "which would I rather do?"

As coaster nerds and thrill seekers, do you think you could do Fear Factor? If I got the choice, I would do it in a heart beat! You would NOT have to ask me twice to slide down the side of the Luxor! And I don't mean just Fear Factor Live at Universal - the real deal - cow testicles and all for a shot at $50,000.

Personally, my biggest fear would be anything with spiders! Ick.

If you are unfamiliar with the show, you can check it out on Hulu.com

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are things I would do and things I wouldn't do. This is under the category of "you'll have to shoot me in the back to do" category, the concept in text and reading it makes me sick. It's kinda not smart for me to read this, when I'm eating late-night Taco Bell. Ergh, I think I just ruined my craving for this other food I have. Yick!

I've done the one at Universal and that's my limit as I would *NEVER* eat anything disgusting or touch any bug.

I don't think I've ever seen a 'physical' stunt I wouldn't do, and I'm fine with reptiles and rodents, but I would need a whole lot more than $50k for insects, and I don't know if there's any amount of money to eat that crap.

but I would need a whole lot more than $50k for insects, and I don't know if there's any amount of money to eat that crap.

$50k might be enough for me, if that were the true amount. But unfortunately, you basically have to slash any game show winnings in half to come up with the realistic payout after taxes. Then again, I don't know, $20-25k might still be enough to stomach a few bugs for a two-day earning, considering there's not a single physical stunt I would shy away from either.

No. Fear Factor is too disgusting. I would rather be on Wipeout. Also, Fear Factor's popularity went substantially down in the last 10 years.

Me too! Wipeout would be fun but I'd have to get in much better shape before I applied for it.

It's been FOREVER since I've seen an episode of Fear Factor and I've asked myself this question many times and it always comes down to this:

No, because I couldn't do the food-related dares! I'm vegetarian and VERY picky with what I eat and I have a really sensitive stomach... I've seen very few things on the show that I think I could even attempt to eat.

I could probably do the other dares (although rats freak me out and I would have a hard time with those) but I would always lose when it came to eating nasty stuff.

No. Fear Factor is too disgusting. I would rather be on Wipeout. Also, Fear Factor's popularity went substantially down in the last 10 years.

Agreed. I can probably do the physical stunts because they look extremely fun. I've even fantasized my nickname a few times: Coaster Crazy!

I would never go on that show, even if you paid me all the money in the world. There is no way I would ever eat such disgusting things, and I hate, hate HATE snakes, bats and most bugs in general.

I would totally do Amazing Race though. I'd need a smart person to be my partner. Any takers?

Just finished watching Monday's episode of the cargo nets, snakes, and jet ski.

I would take eating something any day over laying in a pit of anything. Still, Id rather have snakes slithering all over me then tarantulas crawling all over me. Makes me cringe just thinking about it!

The first two stunts (cargo nets and jet skis) dont really seem scary to me! What is there to fear about a cargo net and jet skis? Snakes - totally get. But cargo nets?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Fear Factor has reached a new low, and I love it. Here's the description for the next episode which airs on 1/23.

Competing teams of twins must run through an electric shock labyrinth gathering flags and drink donkey semen and urine.

This seems like a very TPR-friendly episode. What is interesting to me is that in Jackass Number Two, they had to censor the dude drinking horse semen...and that was an R-rated movie. Not sure how NBC allowed this but I'm glad, because this is going to be hilarious.

Well that episode never aired! It was fully shot and produced and NBC pulled it at the last minute!

Im just thinking...if you were a contestant on that episode of Fear Factor and you said to your friends, "Guys, I drank donkey piss and semen. You HAVE to watch this episode this Monday!" and then it doesnt air.....how embarrassing!

Yeah, they don't get the glory of being on TV--and Tyler mentioned they may not even get their prize money because the episode never aired.

Which means that they drank donkey semen for no good reason... other than to enjoy the cool, refreshing taste of donkey semen, of course.