TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mitch Hawker 2011 Wood Coaster Poll!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I own a park, I would just have Intamin. It always seems like both there steel and wooden coasters are always in top ten lists. Congrats to El Toro. I can't wait till I get to ride ya on the New Hotness Tour.

I have been on 1 and 5. For some reason, I have always prefered Phoenix over El Toro, probably because I have kind of held a grudge with Great Adventure since my first visit. Hope to ride Ravine Flyer II next summer.

My dream is for Intamin to build a showcase park like Europa to Mack. if the park had an onsite hotel, my reservation would sound something like this:

Me: Hello, I would like 23,725 nights in your hotel, please.

Operator: Ok, that is $2,847,000. Would you like to pay that off over time?

Me: Yes, please

(Operator hangs up phone) That's the 14th time today someone has asked for that many rooms! Should we just make this an apartment complex?

I just realized you can find the full list by downloading the Mutual Rider Spreadsheet. Ignore the confusing stuff (if it confuses you, as it does me, that is) and there you have it.

It appears I've been on 26 of the top 50 woodies. I'll rule this a good thing.

Looks like he finally stopped ranking SBNO coasters, although I think Dania Beach Hurricane should have been ranked this year since it ran up until April (if memory serves me correctly). And if there were any other SBNO coasters than ran during 2011, I think they should have been included, as well. But that's just my humble opinion.

Is it a mistake that Leap the Dips was included with the SBNO coasters? Or did it collapse when I wasn't looking?

Also, it looks like Son of Beast would've been the last place coaster, if it had been included. For me it's a toss up between it and Bandit.

EDIT: Nevermind, Leap the Dips got corrected.

Edited by Xcoaster

My dream is for Intamin to build a showcase park like Europa to Mack. if the park had an onsite hotel, my reservation would sound something like this:

Me: Hello, I would like 23,725 nights in your hotel, please.

Operator: Ok, that is $2,847,000. Would you like to pay that off over time?

Me: Yes, please

(Operator hangs up phone) That's the 14th time today someone has asked for that many rooms! Should we just make this an apartment complex?

hahahhaha love it!

I've only ridden one coaster in the top 10.... and that one I've ridden is #1!!! So stoked! I'm so glad I had a chance to ride it.

^Agreed. Although people are entitled to their own opinion, I don't see how anyone who has ridden Balder can prefer Voyage. But many people taking the poll haven't ridden Balder.

Edited by cfc

I've been on #1,2,3,4,5, but NOT #6,7,8,9,10. Weird.

Phoenix is my favorite, glad to see that it continues to rank so highly. Just a very very FUN coaster! Love El Toro too, I actually think it's quite a bit better than T-Express (although T-Express is still my #3). What's remarkable is that as amazing as the Intamin woodies are, there is still room for improvement.

Edited by shivtim

Like I said, I'm very happy with the results and feel they're quite 'fair'. Obviously there are some anomalies, but there always will be with group trips from different clubs, etc.

Since people are sharing their stats, I've been on 95 out of the top 100 woodies. I've been on all of the top 26. Of the ranked coasters there are only nine I'm missing. I'm not planning on hitting any of those nine this year. I am planning on hitting one or two of the coasters that don't have enough riders to rank yet.

^I believe the inflation is due somewhat to the new GCI Syndrome, but moreso I believe there was an ECC trip to that park this summer. We rode it as part of the TPR Oktoberfest Trip in 2010 and it was fine, but the best GCI, please!!!!

I agree that American thunder should have been in the top ten mix somewhere, but great coasters none the less.

We have been on all of the top 12 American coasters, and have to agree about El Toro being number 1. The only gripe I have about El Toro, is the lap bars having to be pushed down into your internal organs.

ATTENTION NEW CEDARFAIR MANAGEMENT......

Wouldn't an intiman wooden coaster look wonderful in the place of mean streak?