TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR TRACK Challenge: Winter Wonderland

hope that this doesn`t mean i have to make a new entry to the contest, so two coaster will still be enough? ... but maybe i am adding a third coaster to my excisting one, just for fun

EDIT: Sorry just read that have written: you "may" have 3 ones so the question is already answered

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D hope that this doesn`t mean i have to make a new entry to the contest, so two coaster will still be enough? ... but maybe i am adding a third coaster to my excisting one, just for fun

EDIT: Sorry just read that have written: you "may" have 3 ones so the question is already answered

I had thought about that when I adjusted the ruling on the third coaster- If you choose to re-do the scenario for another shot, that's fine with me, as I'd like a fair playing field for all our entrants into the Track Challenge. If you choose to leave your entry as it is, that's fine too!

R.D.

GFMT

Well I downloaded it.. and thats one big challenge right there! But the challenge doesn't say you have to have 2000 geusts at the end of year 8 or at the point you upload your park.. So does that mean I can build the map to its fullest to complete the challenge, then erase the rides and make it a pretty park? Even if that means that I only have.. lets say.. 800 geusts by the time I upload the park? (all within the 8 years time limit)

Well I downloaded it.. and thats one big challenge right there! But the challenge doesn't say you have to have 2000 geusts at the end of year 8 or at the point you upload your park.. So does that mean I can build the map to its fullest to complete the challenge, then erase the rides and make it a pretty park? Even if that means that I only have.. lets say.. 800 geusts by the time I upload the park? (all within the 8 years time limit)

No. You must submit your park when you reach the 2000 person 'limit'.

This isnt' about the parks, folks. It's about the TRACKS. Thus the term TRACK CHALLENGE. The scenery aspect should be taking a backseat to the TRACKS here.

Here are the screenshots from my recently completed park for the Challenge:

First up, here is an overview of the park. It has 35 rides including the two coasters:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2515_holiday_park_2011.jpg

Next, we have the Blizzard, a B&M Sitdown Coaster with seven inversions:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2516_blizzard.jpg

Finally, we have the Polar Express, a Premier Rides Launched Coaster:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2517_polar_express.jpg

Here are the links to the park and tracks in the Game Exchange:

Park: themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2515

Blizzard: themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2516

Polar Express: themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2517

Ok, so I'm new to this -- I've successfully downloaded new rct2 scenarios in the past just by saving them, opening them and having them magically appear as scenarios in rct2. However, I'm having no such luck here. I've tried putting it on my desktop, in the program files, etc but nothing has worked. How is everyone else doing this?

For a TPR challenge (Track challenge in this case) to work right you must:

1.) Ensure that you have the .SC6 suffix on the file that you've downloaded- (Some browsers do not download the whole extension!)

2.) Place the scenario into your "Scenarios file" under your RollercoasterTycoon 2 directory on your hard drive.

If that doesn't work, please contact us here. We'll be happy to help out.

Ok, so I'm new to this -- I've successfully downloaded new rct2 scenarios in the past just by saving them, opening them and having them magically appear as scenarios in rct2. However, I'm having no such luck here. I've tried putting it on my desktop, in the program files, etc but nothing has worked. How is everyone else doing this?

i had the same problem with firefox... i recognized that the name of the file was not complete at all. so i right click on the file and renamed it as the original "2495_Holiday Park 2011.SC6"... this worked fine for me maybe this will help

Hmm. I'm at the end of year 7, and have 1888 guests. 112 more isn't too much, but I don't have room for any more rides and the growth in guests has almost flattened out. It seems like it will go, but only marginally so. I also have quite a few other thins to do in my park, with only one hour left of game time. This is going to be a tight one!

Anyway, here is a small teaser from my park. The top picture shows my main coaster, a dueling wooden coaster. This is the reason I ran out of space, as it takes a lot of space (probably around half the park)! The second picture show the pretzel loop at the end of my flying coaster. It has a smooth three train operation, and I really like the lay out. The last picture shows the reason I'm so pressed on time. I started building this elaborate structures, until I found at year four or so that it was no way I was going to be able to finish everything I wanted. Since then I've mainly focused on reaching the goal, and finishing the whole park

1598873737_teaserHolidayPark.jpg.d7e11941c4631c1fd64f6179a8040c87.jpg

Too bad you didn't have more time to play. I'm certain that if you had just let the park operate for a year or two more you wouldhave reached 2000. I was at 1800 toward the end of year 7, and still I got 2000 before the end of year 8. You wouldn't even had to do anything, as leaving the park for a couple of hours would probably have done it

Today was my last chance to play this challenge.. Sadly I didn't succeed I got stuck around 1800 geusts in year 5..

I Uploaded it all to the Game Exchange.

"Patience, like cooking, is a skill that must be learned in time. One cannot rush these things."- Julia Child

@nosferatu: I'm letting it run now, when i'm going to the Cinema told my little brother to keep an eye on it and not let it reach year 8... maybe it works

@QueerRudie: True.. but working and doing stuff with my girl and family are a little bit more important

Edit: okay.. so that didn't work.. haha I build this park so poorly that geusts can't find the exit, get mad and my rating dropped below 700...

So, what happens now? I've never done one of these things before!

Well, later on today/tommorow morning voting will start on the tracks- Be sure to promote your tracks once voting starts via Facebook: We've had some clear trends that people who promote their tracks/parks via Facebook have -often- had higher vote totals- of TPR members.