TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR TRACK Challenge: Winter Wonderland

Hello again everyone!

After losing my laptop at IAAPA, I started to dream of having my own special park, just for rides that I've enjoyed in the past.

Now it's your turn!

TPR TRACK CHALLENGE: Holiday Park 2012

SCR96.BMP

Welcome to Holiday Park 2012. All yours for the building!

Download the scenario HERE!

In this TRACK challenge, you are given a plot of ground with no restrictions... other than the size. Here, there's no money, no rides, no shows nor any attractions. It's your chance to build a park where you can build the rides of your dreams...

Two of them, at least.

RULES OF THE TRACK CHALLENGE:

1.) You may not add or change the scenery: It's Winter, folks.

2.) You are limited to no more than TWO coasters in your park: They will be rated and that's how the contest will be judged.

3.) You may add other attractions that are provided in the scenario- but nothing else.

4.) The time limit is EIGHT years gametime, and you MUST COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE!

5.) As always: Your entry will be checked and inspected. Any foul play or cheating will lead to an immediate ban from TPR. No exceptions.

6.) ALL RIDES MUST OPERATE! No tracketechture is allowed- sorry! You have plenty of stuff to work with in the Track Challenge

How is this different from a TPR Challenge?

Well, in a way it's nearly identical. However, the tracks are the basis for the 'win' here- not just the park. In order to be an entrant: The two coasters you build in the Track Challenge MUST BE UPLOADED to the exchange AS WELL as your park.

IF YOU UPLOAD YOUR PARK IN THE NEXT SEVEN DAYS, THAT QUALIFIES AS THREE UPLOADS TO THE EXCHANGE- AND THREE TIMES THE POINTS TOWARDS TPR DOWNLOADABLE DVDS TOO!

You have two weeks to complete this challenge- As in: After I'm done partying it up in Anaheim for New Years Eve, I'll be closing the contest- 2 January 2012.

So this time through I'll be giving away several really nifty prizes:

For our first place by voting winner, you'll get a TPR DVD AND a TPR T-Shirt!

For our second place by voting winner, you'll get a TPR DVD

AND...

If we get enough entries into the Track Challenge, I'll add prizes along the way! Robb sent me quite a stash of stuff to work with!

A NOTE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS: If you do win a place in the TPR Track Challenge, know this: We will get your prizes to you as soon as possible, however, due to shipping restrictions this could take longer. Be patient and we'll take care of you.

HAVE FUN AND SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT!

C.P.M.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...we can't add scenery (like stations and the like)? Just clarifying before I attempt anything outside the rules.

You may use the scenery that comes with the Track Challenge- HOWEVER, if a "Desert" theme area suddenly appears (I.E. YOU RETHEME THE SNOW) You will be disqualified.

Platforms and other structures are allowed- but must be fit to the 'winter' theming.

is it allowed to build underground track.... to make ground works for tunnels? and where do i upload the final result... just upload it in the track exchange, does need a special name or sth. like this? never done it before...

is it allowed to build underground track.... to make ground works for tunnels? and where do i upload the final result... just upload it in the track exchange, does need a special name or sth. like this? never done it before...

You can install track underground, and build tunnels- that's OK.

Make sure when you're uploading to the exchange you use the "TPR CHALLENGE" identifier for your tracks AND park, and that you put in the 'About' section "TPR Track challenge"

R.D.

Games Forum Management Team

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Due to an accidental error in the game (A ride from one of the add-on packs was added in) there has been a minor modification in the scenario: If you've already downloaded and are building with it, nothing will change game-play wise at all.

If you have any issuse, please feel free to PM me.

R.D.

GFMT

My specialty! I'll get working now!

I know that we're not allowed to remove the winter theming, but can we add something not necessarily winter themed (like a carnival-ish thing)?

Read the first post: This is a WINTER challenge, so putting in elements that aren't part of winter/ The holiday period is a no-no.

R.D.

GFMT

Well, I'm defeated. For one, I put in every ride imaginable in this conceivable space, while trying to make some world-class rides. Which I did. But, I'm stuck at 1,760 guests. And trust me, I have used my utmost extreme cramming skills. Other than the various roller coasters, the only rides I haven't put in are a Crooked House and a Cars. The rest is in there...somewhere. It's the start of Year 6, and I don't even know what to do. I honestly can't fit another attraction at all. Literally. Last ride I put in was a Space Rings which is underground and fed off of the exit to a B&M looper I made. It's kind-of stupid, but I'm trying to fit in as much as I can to lure in 300 more guests...a task I don't think I can do.

But this doesn't even bring up my second point, which disqualifies this park. I used the Mountain Tool in-game like RCT1, except the thing is you can't do that in-game in RCT2 (it's limited to the Scenario Editor). Which means I used 8cars. Stupid of me, because I forgot that TPR was one of the only places that doesn't accept hacks (which I understand and sort-of enjoy because there's no wacky hacks that make insane stuff I can't make). Either way, I did it right at the start without thinking. Made some mountains in Year 1 and built the world's best bobsled coaster on all of it instead of agonizingly moving each block for a couple years. I guess it doesn't matter now...can't beat the objective after making gazillions of coasters and rides, coasters ranging from that bobsled to a shoved in B&M twister that interacts with bobs and mountains, to a compact Schwarzkopf, to an awesome classic woodie, to a ridiculously compact Arrow/Vekoma "THING", to a small Jet Coaster and a miniature Butterfly spin-off hiding under the wooden coaster. Still, I guess that's what I get for being "impractical" and making sprawling coasters that enthusiasts would love lol. I'm sure if I didn't make such a ridiculous terrain ride I would be smooth sailing on space right now. But I feel like more parks in real life should do this, even if you don't get "300 more guests".

Therefore, releasing it now:

DOWNLOAD HERE

SCR1.jpg.2d8b43804534ab28220f6202db1c5317.jpg

And this isn't even a close-up.

The challenge is a bit hard with only two coasters,but hopefully I'll get there.

The big uncertainty for me at the moment is whether I have time to do everything I want to do in the eight years I have a lot of rides and scenery I want to use. Currently I'm making sure not to waste any game time doing unnecessary things, and hopefully I'll make it

Well, I'm defeated. For one, I put in every ride imaginable in this conceivable space, while trying to make some world-class rides. Which I did. But, I'm stuck at 1,760 guests. And trust me, I have used my utmost extreme cramming skills. Other than the various roller coasters, the only rides I haven't put in are a Crooked House and a Cars. The rest is in there...somewhere. It's the start of Year 6, and I don't even know what to do. I honestly can't fit another attraction at all. Literally. Last ride I put in was a Space ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings which is underground and fed off of the exit to a B&M looper I made. It's kind-of stupid, but I'm trying to fit in as much as I can to lure in 300 more guests...a task I don't think I can do.

But this doesn't even bring up my second point, which disqualifies this park. I used the Mountain Tool in-game like RCT1, except the thing is you can't do that in-game in RCT2 (it's limited to the Scenario Editor). Which means I used 8cars. Stupid of me, because I forgot that TPR was one of the only places that doesn't accept hacks (which I understand and sort-of enjoy because there's no wacky hacks that make insane stuff I can't make). Either way, I did it right at the start without thinking. Made some mountains in Year 1 and built the world's best bobsled coaster on all of it instead of agonizingly moving each block for a couple years. I guess it doesn't matter now...can't beat the objective after making gazillions of coasters and rides, coasters ranging from that bobsled to a shoved in B&M twister that interacts with bobs and mountains, to a compact Schwarzkopf, to an awesome classic woodie, to a ridiculously compact Arrow/Vekoma "THING", to a small Jet Coaster and a miniature Butterfly spin-off hiding under the wooden coaster. Still, I guess that's what I get for being "impractical" and making sprawling coasters that enthusiasts would love lol. I'm sure if I didn't make such a ridiculous terrain ride I would be smooth sailing on space right now. But I feel like more parks in real life should do this, even if you don't get "300 more guests".

Therefore, releasing it now:

DOWNLOAD HERE

OK: You have 12 days to re-do the scenario/tracks, and you're giving up now? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. CPM will be sure to overlook your park during the voting now.

I don't like defeatism attitudes: We have TWO entries already who have beaten the goals, so perhaps you should re-try your game a second time. Other people have already figured out the 'winning formula' and it's MUCH easier than you're giving it credit for...

Not to mention... you aren't eligable for voting- you MUST GET 2000 guests in your park- that is a NO EXCEPTION RULE.

R.D.

GFMT

do we have to post our parks in this thread? if we have to, here are the three pics of my park, shortly after i finished the goals (and putting in many multiple rides for reaching the guests numbers):

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2496_SCR3.BMP

The first massive coaster is "Schnee-Hüpferle", a (3:55 min) long dive coaster, with multiple drops on a very narrow space:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2497_SCR1.BMP

The secound one is "Schlitten-Gaudi" which trys to simulate a sledge ride down the hills, which is why i build it very close to the bottom:

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2498_SCR2.BMP

and here is the download link to the park: http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2496

the two coaster tracks were uploaded in the exchange, too.

Edited by Kooky

^I was saying that my formula wasn't the way. I like taking up space for a big-name ride (namely Bergsprung from the last entry), then cramming the rest in. It's what satisfies me, and if anything I'm really satisfied for what I did. I really love the bobsled I made and how I managed to squeeze in a looper with it.

Either way, I didn't submit it to the challenge because I used 8cars once for the mountain tool.

EDIT: We can't submit hacked parks to the Exchange for normal downloading? I thought it was only for challenges?

I may try it again, but I'm leaving for the holidays tomorrow, so yeah. Not mad that I didn't win or whatnot, but I'm merely saying "I'm done and I tried hard, go download what I managed to do".

Edited by AJClarke0912

^^ worked a long time on the coasters, especially on the dive machine. But i have to admit, after i had put every aviable ride into the park i just had 900 people in the park at year 5 or sth.! So i began to add every ride multiple times in a fast way, to get the goal number of 2000 people normaly i don´t put two of the same rides in one park, but here it was my only option

I can see where there will be some difficutlies with the scenario and two coaster tracks... and I'm willing to be more flexible with these requirements...

I'm changing the rule: you may now have THREE different coasters within your park to complete the TRACK challenge.

The same rules to uploading still apply, though: You must upload ALL THREE tracks to the exchange as well as the completed park.

R.D.

GFMT