TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Northern NJ Users, Please Read - Missing Pet

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for my bird that got out during an apartment fire this past Tuesday. During which the fire department opened my bedroom window, not realizing my bird was loose. She flew out.

If you have seen or know any information, please contact me. Kristina.roper@yahoo.com

The link to the story along with photo:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20111215/NJNEWS/312150025/Rockaway-fire-victim-hopes-you-will-find-her-lost-cockatiel?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kristina - I was *just* reading about all this on your Facebook page. I'm in total shock. Don't even know what to say. I just hope she is found, you can move forward with life and everything turns out ok.

Hoping for the best. If you need anything from TPR - do not hesitate to ask!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Hi Kristina!

Since there are not many Northern New Jersey TPR folks here, I will represent all of TPR!!

Rockaway is only 15 minutes from me.

Hopefully you have found your bird already, but if not, I can spare some time to come and help you look and search!!

My mom accidently walked out with my dad's parakeet on her shoulder one day and it flew away too, so I know how you are feeling.

Let me know, I am free all day tomorrow (Friday).

Peace, Big Mike

Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words. It does help.

Big Mike, I'm going to try to get out of work early today (around 2/3pm)....I was planning on handing out more fliers and will be doing my daily dusk scouting in Rockaway Borough around 4. I'll pm you with my cell phone number.

I got a lead that maybe my baby...it was a customer at a christmas tree farm that found a cockatiel two towns over. They said she was friendly....but they also think they said she talked. Which, my bird sings and garbles, and that sometimes sounds like she is trying to say something. But what are the chances?? However, they dont know anything other then the people live in Wharton.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, its going to be cold tonight and I dont know if she can take the really cold weather.

I posted a link to this on our Facebook as well!

Good luck!

On the positive side, we found RatTums at the bottom of our stairs randomly one night. Put up flyers, no one ever claimed him and we gave him a super home! Hopefully, if you don't get her back, she enjoys a similar ending!

I posted a link to this on our Facebook as well!

Good luck!

On the positive side, we found RatTums at the bottom of our stairs randomly one night. Put up flyers, no one ever claimed him and we gave him a super home! Hopefully, if you don't get her back, she enjoys a similar ending!

Awww....thank god you didnt try to 'kill the rat'.

I hope the same as well, although I will miss her terribly. I would be happy to know she is being cared for and loved.

Thank you for spreading the word.

Just got back, it got dark too quick!

Sorry, no luck

I did put up a poster at Costco in Wharton just in case your lead pans out and that place is high visibility.

I saw those 2 buildings,I don't know how any of your place is salvagable after seeing everything burnt. I also saw the 2 bird cages out front, I hope that works!

I walked up main street and heard a bird chirping way down by the river by the soccer fields, but I don't know if cockatiels chirp or not, but this one was loud and constant, but I could not find a way down from main street for the life of me. I had to go back to the public parking place and then across the soccer field, but by that time, the noise was gone.

I hope everything turns out ok!

Peace, Big Mike

Thank you so much for your help....I owe you a beer.

The Costco was a good idea, I figured that they wouldn't have allowed a flier (walmart/Target/pretty much any big box store said no).

Her call is more like a squack or a quiet meep. There are titmice that are pretty vocal in the area

....and I've been hearing them since it started getting cold. But, I did swing by and didn't hear or see anything.

I think she is alive, but in a home by now. She survived the fire by coincidence: I don't normally leave her out...but my bf said to try it, inturn made me keep the bedroom door open, which kept the smoke out....if she is inside the cage, I always leave the door open.

Just hope that I can find who took her in.

Thank you again.