TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My plan was to wait until Xmas to open my box, but seems we're all opening them upon receipt and I couldn't wait anymore anyway.

My Santa wrote a very nice note to go with all gifts and I was encouraged to make a roller coaster model with the crafts items. Haven't done that since my early days with Lincoln Logs! This is now on top of my post-holiday To-Do list. Also, as a Tetris maniac from way back, I was very psyched to see the party-game version. Last, the animal jokes calendar is a gift that will keep on giving all year long. AWESOME!

Thanks so much, Secret Santa! And thanks again, Brandy, for the top-shelf helper-elf work on this! It's really helped to make the holiday extra-special for me this year!

TPRgifts1.jpg.b0446558b487789c242367ceda4426e2.jpg

I open my box and see two presents AND a stocking with more stuff. SWEET!

TPRgifts2.jpg.278b2d61754b3f4e19af997662e4d7d5.jpg

Check it all out!

TPRgifts3.jpg.7e20bf0397724043dce0b17d21c6ef40.jpg

I am a total slut for jokes, good and bad, so this calendar is going to be very handy throughout 2012. I had to skip ahead and check some out - this one made me LOL the hardest. So far.

Woke up today to find my package waiting for me downstairs!

xmas1.jpg.314b266a9bc9428f32bd2a9bd5677d58.jpg

The poor box looks like it's been through hell to get here.

xmas2.jpg.adcf34a69037f9163d553fe679f7b9a1.jpg

Awesome stuff from Tennessee - after looking at the Aretha Frankensteins website, so I so ready to bust into that pancake mix.

^^That box is amazing. Go USPS, although FedEx is no better if you saw the video making the rounds today! Hi, your job is to deliver packages, not play basketball with them!

I saw that video, and I cringed- since most of my family is elsewhere, I shipped out EVERYTHING via FedEx this year... including some fragile items. (I sure hope FedEx is insured...)

^ Stupid postal service. It looks like it was thrown against the wall, stepped on and then lost the final battle in Mortal Kombat.

Was this guy your post man too?

Edit: Looks like some of you all saw this video as well. What a jackass!

Guy "Looks to me like a clean cut case of douchebaggery!" Koepp

Edited by robbalvey

Once again, this is just proof that ALL the postal services suck. To whoever said "I'm not giving USPS any of my money", well to be honest, who are you gonna trust?

This year we've had packages disappear from UPS and USPS, and then you see videos like this.

The reality is this - the odds are in your favour...BUT...like the airlines and cell phone companies, ALL of the postal services suck a bit, and you're always going to gamble. I'm not convinced that one is really THAT much better than the other.

And yeah, that video is just amazing....

The reality is this - the odds are in your favour...BUT...like the airlines and cell phone companies, ALL of the postal services suck a bit, and you're always going to gamble. I'm not convinced that one is really THAT much better than the other.

I like your fancy spelling of favor, Robb. Are you getting royal on us?

To whoever said "I'm not giving USPS any of my money", well to be honest, who are you gonna trust?

Since that was me - my preference for FedEx is due more to time than, well, that video. I'm shipping fragile packages all the time, and have never once had glass break - though I do understand that is an inherent risk. My beef is more on timing - like the time USPS burned me by not delivering football tickets on time that I had overnighted, the package tracking showed at my local post office for 2 weeks before delivering, or this thread.

For what its worth, its not my local office, but there is an amazing small post office about 5 mins from me that I love to go to when I send books media.

Edited by ParkTrips

With the park's offices closed for the 2-week holiday break, I was excited to receive my secret Santa package in the mail today.

Thank you to whomever for the amount of awesomeness in the package... it truly made my day!

The zombie theme continues...

tpr_zombie.JPG.2f6eb1ae148c97a5090535c44a77bb8b.JPG

This book is seriously going on my desk (and I have a feeling this might inspire a few ideas...)

tpr_ripleys.JPG.24eaccb94cd55ee335a1337d89e43e0b.JPG

Pure awesomeness (that is already hanging in the shower ready for the morning)...

tpr_grinch.JPG.c0a63b85fcad68ef8def37bf3b9e95ab.JPG

A group shot of the contents awaiting me this afternoon...

tpr_overview.JPG.89dbc2afb703964ea0efcfd68e85dee2.JPG

Again, thanks to Brandy and my secret Santa for this cool exchange. Can't wait to see everyone again at Deep South Bash 2012!

-Brad (SFOG)

As Brandy mentioned earlier, KT and her girls had their own gift exchange and KT got her stuff in the mail today!

She loved everything, especially the cards the girls made!

ktpresent.thumb.JPG.c2ef603a9ae749cc59b8e61d805c5eab.JPG

The biggest hit was the tea set for girls '8+', she played with it super carefully to show me how mature she was!

^^I hope Robb doesn't see this video. He goes crazy when he sees people filming vertically with their iPhones!!!!

LOL! Yes, it is quite a pet peeve of mine! The world is not viewed vertically!!!

Ok, so as someone who hasn't taken that many videos on her iPhone, what is the proper video technique then? (sorry for going OT here, but now I'm genuinely curious about this )

^^I hope Robb doesn't see this video. He goes crazy when he sees people filming vertically with their iPhones!!!!

LOL! Yes, it is quite a pet peeve of mine! The world is not viewed vertically!!!

Ok, so as someone who hasn't taken that many videos on her iPhone, what is the proper video technique then? (sorry for going OT here, but now I'm genuinely curious about this )

You hold the camera horizontally. Home button on the right. Think about your TV at home, it's not vertical, it's horizontal. If you shoot a video vertically, it will end up being one big vertical "stripe" in the middle of the screen. So unless you want to turn your TV on it's side to watch the footage, you should always shoot video horizontally.

Hope that helps!

--Robb