TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange/Secret Santa

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, everyone, I'm about to start sending out addresses. Everyone on my list had a number, and I mixed all the numbers up then went down the list and drew a number of each person. So it's completely random. And the person who you are sending a gift to is NOT who you will receive a gift from.

Got my giftee info; thanks!

Are we allowed to say who we got. Cause the person I have will love my gift.

He He He!

Been wondering this myself; haven't done a "Secret Santa" group effort in so long. Do we keep our identity secret from the giftee forever and ever? I kind of like that idea. Was planning on not putting my name on the return address, making sure the gift offered no clues to I am, etc.

You know, keep it all "Dark Knight" and mysterious and stuff and let them wonder.

I do like the idea of people posting photos in this thread of what they got! Kind of like how everyone posts pictures of their Bags of Crap when they get it.

Besides, that kind of completes the whole process of doing a Secret Santa. Getting to laugh or marvel at what everyone gets!

Edited by ernierocker

Just a reminder from the rules:

"USPS Priority Mail required. Get yourself a flat rate box and get your present mailed out by December 20."

I guess revealing your identity would be up to you, but I think it's more fun if you don't! I will be sending mine anonymously.

I was thinking of going anonymous too, but doesn't the USPS require a return address?

Maybe we should just use TPR Headquarters as our return address if we want to be anonymous.

I already have some awesome idea's for my recipient, unfortunately what I want to get only appears to be available online. Need to call around a bit to see if I can find it locally.

Hypothetically, what if you got one of the 2 people that were given the master list? How do we do this anonymously without them knowing who we are? And I say that completely hypothetically as someone in this game is bound to get one of those 2 people who have the master list. Hypothetically! Cause I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone who might get one of the 2 people that have the master list. Completely hypothetically speaking. Cause I didn't get either of those two people.

Or, did I?

Guy "I'll never tell!" Koepp

Hypothetically, what if you got one of the 2 people that were given the master list? How do we do this anonymously without them knowing who we are? And I say that completely hypothetically as someone in this game is bound to get one of those 2 people who have the master list. Hypothetically! Cause I wouldn't want to ruin it for anyone who might get one of the 2 people that have the master list. Completely hypothetically speaking. Cause I didn't get either of those two people.

Or, did I?

Guy "I'll never tell!" Koepp

Unfortunately, that comes with the territory of being a coordinator: We don't get to be surprised.

I was thinking of going anonymous too, but doesn't the USPS require a return address?

According to the USPS site, a return address is required on a Priority Mail package: http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/addressing/returnAddress.htm.

This does refer to "business" mail, though. I was just going to put my street address and leave my name off.

Got mine, and have it all packed. I have to wait til Saturday to send out. (Post office closes at 5PM, I get off work at 4:30). I will try to race there tomorrow, though. I'm not sure my giftee will enjoy my gifts of wonder, but I sure hope so.

Edited by Inukaza