TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2011.. What was your highlight?

- Riding my 100th coaster - Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster

- Finally getting to Universal/IOA

- Harry Potter - What can I say about this that hasn't already? Great ride, great themeing, small ass buildings, and delicious Butter Beer

- BGT for the first time was amazing as well. Such good food there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tokyo Disney! Well, all of Japan was amazing. But Tokyo DisneySea is easily the best theme park I've been to.

Deep South Bash. Such a fun weekend at a great park with awesome people. The Monster Mansion tour was definitely a highlight. And the water challenge and quest!

Getting behind the scenes tour of Haunted Mansion and Dinosaur.

Going on my first cruise! I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained from all the food that week.

Taking my mom to Discovery Cove for her birthday.

Let's see . . .

TPR's Australia Trip (what a great time that was)

The string of Bashes I attended (particularly New Texas Giant and Deep South)

An awesome, wet day at Knoebels

Cheetah Hunt and Howl-o-Scream at the Busch Gardens Tampa

Crusin' the Caribbean with a great group of people

Yes--it was a very good year!

Riding Boulder Dash and Bizzaro (6 Flags New England) for the first time, both with ERT and easily living up to the hype.

So our night ride on Excalibur meant nothing to you?

Some 2011 highlights include:

*The NE Trip - Seriously that must have been one of the best trips ever. Such a great group of people and I was so glad to see friends from the IntimidaTour on this trip.

*Texas Giant Bash - Seriously go ride Texas Giant. I am so impressed with that ride. I miss it. I need to get back there (and for the Shockwave credit)

*Deep South Bash - Yet another amazing event. I was very impressed with the park. I can't wait to go back.

My highlight of the year (so far) was the Father's Day Busch Gardens Willamsburg trip with TPR. I really enjoyed the Curse of the Darkcastle lights-on walk through and all the behind the scenes stuff we did. Not to mention all the rides on Griffin and Alpengeist before the park opened. I love seeing areas of theme parks that the public normally does not, which brings me to...

Saturday December 12, I have Breakfast with an Imagineer at the Disney Studios. We get to eat at a backstage area and get a guided tour through Toy Story Mania before the park opens. Really looking forward to it.

Finally doing a TPR Tour - The Northeast Trip was soooo much fun and had a great time meeting new people!

ERT night rides were amazing on Boulder Bash and Bizarro(SFNE) plus also hitting #150 on the little coaster that could lol

Finally doing a TPR Tour - The Northeast Trip was soooo much fun and had a great time meeting new people!

ERT night rides were amazing on Boulder Bash and Bizarro(SFNE) plus also hitting #150 on the little coaster that could lol

^ This.

Doing a TPR trip finally and meeting so many awesome people that make up this forum. Thanks again, Robb and Elissa! Summer 2011 - something I'll remember forever!

My highlight of the year was shared by TPR

Japan

thank you for luring me to there and having both my most frightening moment of the year; being alone, halfway around the world, and the best moments of the year; TPR tour Japan and exploring Tokyo on foot.

May TPR enlighten our paths for a long time to come

Major highlight was finding out I was going to be going on the New Hotness Trip next summer. Supplementally, I also enjoyed going to Knoebel's and Hershey and riding all the coasters in spite of the fear that I would damage my then just recently recovered back.

My Highlights (So Far:)

Taking the "New" Texas Giant on multiple rides w/ some pretty cool TPR folks on a warm saturday in may.

Meeting some amazing TPR people, including a strange english bloke, some highschool kids and a gal from the midwest all in the same weekend

Taking My 9 yr old nephew on the same ride, in the back seat the first night of Holiday In The Park, when other kids his age and older folks got scared S**tless by the thought of it.

Getting to finally go to DisneyLand later this month, im 35 and i've never been..I know, im a mong, but im excited..

6.) My first TPR event- DSB.

5.) Seeing my beloved HP drive a whole mess of us crazy with RIT,LaMarcus Bros Mid-Air-Excavation,O'Connell Plumbing and Drain, Coaster Test Pilots, and JDVM- and then revealing SkyRush... and for a handful of us, becoming a Jr. Researcher with RIT.

5.) Watching the world go ape-ca-ca over B&M Wing coasters.... only to realize that it wasn't B&M's innovation at all.

3.) Logging the special Southwest Airlines theme jets to and from Atlanta for DSB... painted like an AirTran jet!

2.) Finally meeting some of the nicest people on earth- my friends here on TPR. (And looking forward to 2012- and meeting even more of you!)

And....

#1: Having some very special, private and close-up-and-VERY-personal time with MindBender at SFOG. (A few of you have the pictures.)

R.D.

Riding Kingda Ka, El Toro at night, the ERT on Cheetah Hunt the night after opening day, riding my first stand-up (Green Lantern) , going to Islands of Adventure. First time I went to WWoHP, I was blown away, and getting a Fun Card for BGT this year, I forgot how awesome their coasters are

Hopefully next year I'll get to meet some TPR members here in Florida, you all seem like the people I've been looking for my entire life