TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most. OverRated. Ride. of 2012.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn.

I was going to say the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster at WDW.

But that doesn't open till.... 2013? Hmmmph.

Oooh! Can I put this in for your 2013 Coaster, Robb???

Edited by Nrthwnd

If you can guess which ride is on the top of my list, I *might* send you a bag-o-crap!

This HAS to be Leviathan. It doesn't take much searching around this forum to figure out that he dislikes it and I haven't seen him "diss" any other ride as much.

If we're talking MAJOR COASTER INSTALLATIONS, for me it's a toss up between three B&M's...like with Robb, I'm sure you can guess which ones they are!

And like a true World Traveler, they're located in three different countries!

Oh B&M, so sad what you've mostly become these days...mostly.

If we're talking MAJOR COASTER INSTALLATIONS, for me it's a toss up between three B&M's...like with Robb, I'm sure you can guess which ones they are!

And like a true World Traveler, they're located in three different countries!

Oh B&M, so sad what you've mostly become these days...mostly.

Ok, let's see....Shambhala (cookie cutter hyper), Leviathon (cookie cutter taller hyper ), and I'm not sure if you call this a Major installation, but maybe Apocalypse? I don't know the last one. Maybe Wild Eagle? I don't remember seeing anything about your opinion on it.

If you can guess which ride is on the top of my list, I *might* send you a bag-o-crap!

Acyually, you live for rollercoasters, and I believe that there is not a single one for 2012 that you not look forward to ride.

Oh, that's about the biggest line of crap ever!

I live for women too, but I wouldn't bang every single one of them. (ok, I would, but I'd have to really get really liquored up for some!)

Or some would have to really get liquored up for you ! J/K of course, sexy Robb

I'd say I'm probably least impressed with two attractions - Superman Ultimate Flight at Discovery Kingdom, and X-Flight at Great America.

But, then again, I'm not counting relocations. Apocalypse at SF America and Goliath at New England would be tops if I were.

Sometimes if you don't have anything nice to say, you don't say anything at all.

Hmmmm... it doesn't appear that you've mentioned anything about X-Flight since its announcement...

As for me personally, I'm not particularly interested in LLDoD (I'm not a big drop tower fan, Intamin or otherwise). The only three rides I've really been following have been Wild Eagle (simply because it looks pretty), Leviathan (same), and Skyrush. That's not to say I dislike everything else, just that I'm not following any of it particularly closely.

Edited by BigDipper 80

I will have to go with Verbolten or Transformers. Not that I think they are overrated, just that I have a feeling they are going to be a big let down from their hype. But they are the two rides I'm most excited for, mainly because they are are a little unknown to us of what the ride experience is going to be like with the theme mixed in.

I don't understand all the hatred for Verbolten?

I mean, it's not like they're acting like Alton Towers telling you how the ride will kill you and eat your soul. It seems like an awesome replacement to an awesome ride. It's also completely new and interesting looking. Can't really say that about the vast majority of 2012 B&Ms.

I don't understand all the hatred for Verbolten?

I mean, it's not like they're acting like Alton Towers telling you how the ride will kill you and eat your soul. It seems like an awesome replacement to an awesome ride. It's also completely new and interesting looking. Can't really say that about the vast majority of 2012 B&Ms.

2012 B&Ms are going to eat our souls? Yikes!

^^ Dear, remember, people are dumb. They don't "get" that not every coaster has to be Top Thrill Dragster and go 190 MPH. Everyone bitched up a shitfit when Big Bad Wolf was removed, and guess what? Big Bad Wolf was a family coaster that went 45MPH. And what are they replacing it with? Another family coaster!

Every park NEEDS a well-rounded collection of rides for all ages. BGT didn't have a "Big Thunder Mountain" or a "California Screamin'" and neither did BGW after they got rid of BBW.

So why are people hating on this ride? Because they just don't "get" that fact, and they want every new coaster to be the next Montu, Kumba, or Griffon.

Well, here's the reality check people - it ain't gonna be that. All you guys who were disappointed in Cheetah Hunt because it didn't rip the skin off your face when it launched are going to be VERY disappointed in Verbolten. But those of you who have the correct expectations and actually understand the theme park business, and the needs of most parks, I think you'll like it just fine.

And like Elissa said, BTW aren't "over-hyping" it like Alton Towers did with theirs. They are following suit with BGT and marketing it as an "extreme family coaster" and that's what it is! Maybe some of our members are just dumb and don't get that the title of this thread says the word "overrated", I'm not sure. Because I don't think Verbolten as been overrated or overhyped at ALL! Seriously, go back and read some of that Thirteen garbage that Alton Towers put out 2 years ago, and then come back and tell me how Verbolten is overhyped.

Seriously, I'm sick of the Verbolten hate, and I'm sick of people who don't understand the needs of parks. You guys are supposed to be "theme park enthusiasts", so stop acting like idiot GP.

--Robb "Rant Over." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I thought Cheetah Hunt was a great ride because it had a different "feel" than other Intamin launchers, along with a great setting and interesting elements (my favorite part is the "twisty" section down by the river). It's a great fit for BGT, and I think Verbolten will work well at BGW. I'm glad that the park is taking a chance on something different, rather than just another B&M.

Excluding relocations, although I don't think any of the major coaster installations for 2012 look bad, I certainly think X-Flight looks like it is the most overrated. Although the wing trains may make it a bit interesting, it really doesn't look like that great of a layout in the first place. Wild Eagle could be in a similar vein, but I think that looks like a fun ride regardless and the setting definitely is more interesting.

Contrary to what many people are saying, I actually think Verbolten looks like a pretty good ride. It's not going to make my fly all the way across the country to ride it, but I really think this is the best non-thrill coaster to be announced in the past few years.

Non-coaster rides, it is definitely Transformers. I'm interested to try it, but I really can't see this being an amazing ride (based on the Transformers movies, I'd be surprised if it isn't basically Explosion: The Ride).