TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DTC's Adventure Islands Theme Park (RCT3)

Update 1

Been away for a bit and had a graphic failure in my old laptop so lost everything on it. Unfortunately this meant that I lost the Oakridge park from year 5 onwards. Not really wanting to do the work to bring it back up to date again and with a new much faster laptop purchased I've decided to jump back into park making without the mainstream nature and I having a lot more fun with it this way.

Anyway, enough of that lets get into my newest work Atlantic Island. A recently discovered Island off the coast of Brazil plays host to Dynamic Theme Companies first venture. Headed by businessman Alfred Jones this small company bought the island and rights to build on the ruins there (I don't know how they got rights to build on ancient ruins but hey).

So with the up most care for the ruins we've started digging and ripping holes in them (carefully mind you) to create this jungle adventure for you.

Early pictures are slim but here's what we have so far. Notice also the strange foliage that inhabits this island. Its definitely a colourful place.

Views of the entrance area are shown below as we venture further into the small island. Also you can see our first ride and Mr Jones overseeing the construction process himself. More on that soon though.

Finally a small aerial photo showing the entrance area and more of the ride than planned but I'll just hope that Mr Jones doesn't spot it on the blog.

Edited by 89James89

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replies:

paradisecoaster: Thanks lets hope I can continue the standard and nope I've got none at all on the computer and don't really intend on adding any just because of personal preference.

mcjaco: Cheers and I'm glad you like the trackitecture. As for the food stall I agree that most look silly, but there are a few that look ok in my opinion. Plus I'm not really going for a really realistic park anyway.

PSiRockin: Nope no cs and thanks.

Update 2

Well works continued here on our little island. More of the town has been explored moved (sounds much better than demolished and rebuilt) and restored. We've also installed and observation tower taking our ride total too two so far and slowly counting. Apparently Mr Jones has plans showing at least four rides in this entrance area, but as I haven't actually seen the sheets I can't say for certian. What I can show you though are several night photo's I took while the crews were pulling a night shift. Looks quite pretty lit up.

Lightings apparently not final but it gives you an idea nd something more for you till we complete more.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it appears that we've been discovered and announced in several locals papers so its time to come clean. Basically we haven't been building on a undiscovered island but rather on a small island off the coast of Florida. Noting the distinct lack of theme parks in the area we've dicided to fill the gap in the market.

Anyway enough of Mr Jones obviously slightly dodgy business plan and more about progress in the park. As you can see from the pictures below we've completed more of the entrance area including the ticket booths and the bag storage area (can't say the other word for some reason) as well as the shark themed entrance gate.

Inside wise we've completed a gift shop (pictured below) and a resturant as well as installing several new rides one of which the attempted overview was taken from and the other I'll hopefully show you next update which handily wraps this update up. Till that time.

Edited by 89James89

Cole: Yup it is completely NCS and we don't actually plan on adding any CS.

Update 4

Not much to show this time but we wanted to just let you know that the park is developing well and it shouldn't be too long till our soft opening. Were planning on building the other planned two areas while opening this one to help bring in a return while were still building. At opening we should have a total of 4 flats, a coaster and several shops and this small update show's the most intense of our flats planned for opening. As yet unamed, this ride will throw you around like theirs no tommorrow hopefully preparing you for the other areas which Mr Jones plan on making a bit more intense ride wise.

Anyway enough from me here is the photo I've mentioned to keep you interested till next time (please excuse the lack of lighting the electricians haven't reached this part of the park yet).

Replies:

-Edge of Beast- : Thanks and I'm glad your thoroughly enjoying the park. Thanks for the comments on the architecture as that is one of my favourite aspects of the game and I hope the updates continue to please.

funkeymon: Cheers and I'm glad it has a strong magical sense as it sounds like the theming is working lol.

B.A.B: Thanks and I hope to keep it up.

Update 5

Back again with another update to our growing park. So far plans appear to keep chaning and in this update nothings new however I'm not going to reveal the change in the plan to see if you can spot it from the two photo's below.

Other than the new changes the above photo's also show how much has been done and is a good indication that early next year, soft opening is on target to still take place.

This is all I ahve time for at the moment thoguh and together with everyone at DTC I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year!

(OOC: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

Cheers

89James89)

• 1 month later...

Update 6

Well We've made more progress on the park and were apprently nearing completion of this first area and therefore are close to our opening. The above mention of a change in plans I'm now allowed to make public to you all so its with great excitiement that I can reveal that this first area will contian two coasters not just the one originally planned and thata long with most of the other rides they've begun testing (you can actually see soem of the rides tesing in the pictures below).

The second one will provide the area with another thrill ride to compliment the one shown several updates ago. Although we originally intended the first area to be more of a low thrills area to introduce you to the park but we soon realised that with the park opening with just this area that we'd need more thrills rides to attract different guests.

So anyway with a new thrill ride installed and some more shops ready to server eager customers were almost ready to go. We just need to name everything and finish off the scenery. Until then however, here's some pictures for you all showing off some of the new stuff we've done as well as a few random old ones.

(OOC: Sorry it's taken so long to update I've beena bit ditracted with other games and real life.)

Replies:

gat1976: Thanks and here you go.

Upate 7:

Well it's finally here. We've just finished with our pretty damn succesful opening day here at the once again reanamed Island Adventures Theme Park. The crowds were pretty heavy given that we only have a few rides (five in total). Everyone apprently had a good time, with families finding rides to enjoy together and plenty of places to sit and relax with some food or nice cool drinks for the hot day. Even Mr Jones apparently laughed at one point which I've not yet witnessed obbviously pleased that his dream appears to be a success. Below are some of the annotated pcitures that i've taken and been allowed to show you showing you.

First off the scene as the gates opened and everyone rushed inside, a few stopping to be entertained by one of our two rival shark entertainers.

Moving onto the first ride you encounter as you walk around the small park, Jungle Fever. Desgined as our kiddie coaster this one inculdes several thrilling but not to intense elements to excite the less daring guests. Here's the first few lucky guests heading back over the final bunny hops to the station.

Now looking at the staion as you can see busy and this was only five minutes in. The lines got pretty long as the day wen't on.

The pretty uniquye element for a kiddie coaster is this vertical lift. Although not very tall and with no truley steep drops in the ride this element adds a bit of excitment for the guest's and seemed to go down well. Also shown is one of the logs that you narrowly fit through while traversing the dangerous jungle.

Moving on we come to Ratun's Rage, a thrilling ride thats expresses the Island's god's displeasure at some of the more troublesome guest's. This was also pretty popular throughout the day.

Next would be Ratun's Eye, a observation tower which gives you clear views of all the small park and it's ant like guest's.

Fianlly for this part of the opening day we have this picture showing some of our many random stalls that line our paths. Your never too far away from one of Mr Jones money ma.... I mean our amazing stall's providing everything you could want at short notice.

Well that's all for now I'll have to get back to you all later with some more of the photo's that I took on the day but till then hopefully these will keep you interested.

Update 8

Well I'm back with the rest of the photo's from the opening day of our new park. Last time we left it at Ratun's Eye the parks observation tower so that's where we'll continue from.

The next ride you come across from Ratun's Eye is Rumbling Ruins. Built around a small collapsed part of the islands town, this supposedly haunted ruins is now surronded by a small corkscrew coaster designed to make full use of the space to deliver a thrilling though short ride. Ride length though was due to having to stuff a thrilling ride into a tiny space thanks to Mr Jones cahnging his mind on having only the one gentle coaster in this area. Still it works so no ones complaining.

This shows one of the corkscrews of Rumbling Ruins from a ride viewing area. Next to hear is a small cafe so you can sit and watch as guests scream by.

Next is our harbour themed spinning boat ride voyage. Bought initially as a filler this ride eventually eneded up with more theming than Ratun's Eye so lets hope its worth it.

Looks like the first photo (and truthfully pretty much is) but this shows a small shop under the gaze of Ratun's Eye. The park is so far full of these little shops or stalls selling random goods for you all to enjoy. So many in fact I can't actually remember what this one sell's.

Finally for this update is the parks main eatery Atlantic Eatery (creative I know). This place features the most tables of all the eateries in the park though there still arn't that many so book early if you plan on eating here to avoid dissapointment.

Well that's all for the opening day update and thankfully enough it was pretty dam successful leaving Mr Jones in an unheard of happy mood (or ok maybe not happy but defiently a improvment). He even promised to give me a interview so hopefully along with some night shots that's what I'll have for you all next time.

Update 9:

Hey guys and girls I finally got the interview with Mr Jones that I said I would (even though he was sure I imagined that he'd promised me one). It doesn't really reveal as much as I hoped but here it is anyway.

Me: Hello Mr Jones and how are you today?

Mr J: I'm fine thanks but that has very little to do with what the interview is about. I don't exactly have much time so lets cut to the chase.

Me: Ok so the park, how do you think it's going?

Mr J: Very well actually. Thankfully the small area that we opened with didn't disuade anyone from coming to the actual park infact not having too high a entracne price and still several rides proabably hekped attendance.

Me: It would definetly appoear so. General opinions from the public have been pretty positive. What's your personnal opinion on the park and its asthetics.

Mr J: I personally like it. It seems crowded but not overcrowded though of course there are things that could have been done better.

Me: Like?

Mr J: Rumbling Ruins is pretty short for one of our major rides, though with the two trains it has a quick turnover and therefore the queue times are probably comparable to the ride size. I can also see the entrance becoming a problem if we grow a lot as its a bit restricting in places and there are no seperate season pass centres. So these problems may need to be addressed in the future (well the entrance one anyway. Not too much we can do about Rumbling Ruins.).

Me: That maes sense growing park growing entrance anyway, I must ask if you feel that the parks recpetion has been strong enough to continue expanding it?

Mr J: Why of course I do. Although we haven't made back what it costs yet we have still made a large profit over a short amount of time. As such we will definetly be expanding into other areas of our island.

Me: Any particualr details that we can expect to see in the future then, rides or theme wise?

Mr J: Well we want to expand on the coaster count obvioulsy and plans for the next area already have one incorporated. As for theme and type though I'm not telling you that. Would ruin the suprise.

Me: Ok fair enough. Anthing you can tell us about themes that the design room have been thinking of?

Mr J: Well we have many running around in the heads of our designers. Including massive castles and huge alien metropolises but as were building on a island I want soem kind of continuity so I wouldnt expect to see them yet.

Me: Well that makes sense. Now I know I've asked you regarding plans for inside the park but what about the outside and plans for the park expanding beyond the island. Any of those?

Mr J: Yes of course we do. Eventually I would love to see the park and surronding area become a resot complete with hotels, downtown shopping areas and waterparks but all that requires money. Speaking of which I must go make some more now so I regret I have not time to answer anymore questions but I hope this inteview has been enlightening.

Me: Very much so Mr Jones and thanks for your time.

Well I hope that interested all of you. Sorry it didn't really show much about the intersting parts such as plan's for the next area but apparently work is set to start soon on it so I should be abel to get in and get some photo's for you soon. Speaking of which here are some night photos of the open park for you.