TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Chestnut Lake Amusement Park

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. The only complaint that I have is the sudden drop into the break run on the Intamin. Depending on the speed that it takes that element at I would make it do a small helix (or large if the train is going faster) right there. That would lower it to the desired height. Other than that Im liking the way that this park is going. Keep up the good work!

I like everything so far. I think that the foliage is great in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th pics. My only beef, and this may just be me, is that the turnaround after the 1st hill seems like it would be to intense for a drop of that height. Again that might just be me. Can't wait to see more!

Once again, absolutely LOVE your building style... it's simple, but very elegant, and you put together a lot of scenery pieces I would not necessarily think of using. The thing I love most, however, is your ability to landscape... the water areas and stuff in your park and foliage all compliment each other very well! Your parks(and some of the other awesome NCSO parks on here) are awesome inspiration for my current project!

Wow thanks for the replies guys! It means a lot!

Now the Intamin is a mega-lite. If you've never seen one, Robb has a couple pov's of them in his youtube channel.

Mega-lites have tight turns at the bottom of their hills. Sorta like a mini Intimidator 305. They have small brake runs because they are going kinda slow at the end.

But anyways, from now on I will post at least 4+ photos each update for particular reasons.

The main thing about this update is to show off my indoor Sally Shooting Dark Ride called Ghost Blasters and some other areas around the park.

Enjoy everyone!

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

SCR3.BMP

SCR4.BMP

SCR5.BMP

Thanks for the comment!

Peeps are hell. I put them in and I now have this huge underground path system that they use. I really don't like peeps, but they make a park feel complete so I'm going to have them.

I've mainly been working on the area around the impulse. I hate the name VooDoo for it, so if you have any suggestions, leave a comment please! The Wild Mouse became Twisted Serpent, and got a new paint scheme.

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

SCR3.BMP

SCR4.BMP

SCR5.BMP

Thanks for the replies!

Happy one month anniversary to the park's thread! Yay!

So to celebrate, I have the biggest update yet! Eight photos! And a very special one. The first ever overview of the park! Be excited!

So please, excuse some of the unfinished-ness in the park. Its being worked on.

SCR1.BMP

The almighty Thor thrashes through the forest.

SCR2.BMP

The area around Thor has been expanded.

SCR3.BMP

Yay for finished foliage!

SCR4.BMP

Yay for more finished foliage at a different angle!

SCR6.BMP

Buildings around the newly named Venomous and Buzzard.

SCR7.BMP

The same buildings.

SCR8.BMP

And yay for the first ever overview! The park is so big, that you can't see some of the entire layouts for some of the coasters.

Thanks for the replies. And R.D, after you said that, I decided to make the coaster of the update tear wildly through the woods. So I hope you enjoy this the most!

Merry Christmas everyone! Please enjoy this(unfinished) present!

I present to you, Bear. This twisted monster rushes its way through the woods and caves of Chestnut Lake. The coaster has 6 inversions, and reaches speeds of 64 mph.

This is honestly my favorite coaster in the park, so I hope you agree and once again..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

SCR3.BMP

SCR4.BMP

Hello everyone.

I would like to say that I am canceling this project. Yes I know that I did the same thing for Leighton, but this one has a reason. I have no planning. None. Nothing. I have also lost all interest in this park. It bores me. And the scale is too big. I need to size it down. I'm sorry for anyone who wanted to see this park completed, but I can't get myself to even work on it anymore. I will be releasing the unfinished version on the Game Exchange. Goodbye for now.

Hello everyone.

I would like to say that I am canceling this project. Yes I know that I did the same thing for Leighton, but this one has a reason. I have no planning. None. Nothing. I have also lost all interest in this park. It bores me. And the scale is too big. I need to size it down. I'm sorry for anyone who wanted to see this park completed, but I can't get myself to even work on it anymore. I will be releasing the unfinished version on the Game Exchange. Goodbye for now.

Its unfortunate to have the park end so abruptly, but I can understand what you mean. If you could upload the park as well as the original landscape file that would be awesome. Some people make great landscapes like this one and it'd be fun to play our own versions too. Best of luck on your next project.

Hello, I am new here but have been on New Element. Firstly, I would like to say that this project is not dead. I kindly asked funkeymon on NE if I could finish the park and he agreed. We then discussed a few things about the park (what to keep and what I can edit/remove). Since then I have edited one of the layouts and added a castle-themed gift shop.

2132929603_ChestnutLakeScreen1.JPG.6c6bb0545c57c5d7cbefd060a8547576.JPG

Stop by the Gift Shop on your way out!