TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Chestnut Lake Amusement Park

Hello everyone! After I finished building on Mooreville, I felt like I could take the atmosphere from that park, and make it two times better in my newest project, Chestnut Lake. I do have most of the coasters already done, they just need some station buildings and surrounding areas. In this park, I will take everything I learned from Mooreville and place it in here only better.

I do have three screens of the only somewhat finished area with a Gravity Group and an old Schwarzkopf. I hope you enjoy this because I am enjoying building it!

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

SCR3.BMP

Edited by funkeymon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even yesterday. Less than 24 hours ago.

Don't expect everyone in the whole forum to immediately crawl all over your project less than 24 hours after you posted it. Relax. Plenty of my projects, as well as a lot of others' projects go for multiple updates and don't get a single comment on them. Be happy you get one.

Pretty good, sir, Just change that picnic area a little, it just doesn't look as good possible with the land textures and the seats. For inspiration, look at a picture of a real one and you'll see its much tighter between tables, maybe some flowers, and is covered with roofs or umbrellas in some places. Wooden Coaster (Tidal Wave I think) looks really good, just add some supporting to the lift hill.

Nice job, looking forward to future updates

Hey guys. I've been building all of the 13 roller coasters in the park this week, and I'm on break so its even better! Park layout is mainly done, as well as major coasters. Some buildings have been done and some have been modified. Please excuse the unfinished - ness in some of the areas. I've been working hard to get stuff done! Lets have a goal that the park will be done... Mid - February? Think I can do it? I hope!

SCR1.BMP

Unfinished!!!

SCR2.BMP

Fixed that.. "butterscotch" looking building.

SCR3.BMP

Made the picnic area tighter. (Thanks for the tip RCT2day!)

^Thats better than how I pictured the picnic area, very well done. Glad I could help. Just a thought, if you're prebuilding coasters, consider you might change them around when you come closer to work on the surrounding area. Don't limit yourself to original designs, be flexible.

Knowing how fast you are at building your parks with such great quality, I'd say mid-Feb is a good estimate when this will be done. (Can't wait until then)

I think it looks great. In the first screen I don't think that building in the middle should have such contrasting shades of brown, or at least it should have them on every side instead of just one. Another tip, don't pester people for comments every update, as it might annoy some of them.

On that red coaster after the lift hill and into that turn but before the loop, you do not need that many angled pieces of track. Those buildings look great in that 1st screen.

As for comments, I feel your pain. No one seems to comment enough on my work, either. Just keep going, the people who do comment represent the majority, if not all, of what people are thinking but not saying.

Thanks for the replies. The looper has been fixed to RCT2day's standards, and I think it looks better, so thanks for the tip!

The contrasting brown shades are to cover the otherwise ugly looking windows. But the brown has been added around the entire building. Thanks again.

I've been working on Planet Snoopy (yes this is Cedar Fair owned)

I have two pictures of the only finished area in the area. So I hope you enjoy!

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP

Okay so maybe its slightly unfinished....

Thanks for the comment. They may look close, but in reality, they are a good distance apart.

I've been working my a$$ off because I was at Disney World and I lost progress.

So for the past seven hours I was working hard to gain it all back.

So yeah. I've been building a bunch of stuff and I'm really tired from being up so early.

Just a small two picture update. And I would love some more comments/criticism.

SCR1.BMP

SCR2.BMP