TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could only do three parks in Japan...

CreativeForce

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Tokyo Disneyland

2. Tokyo DisneySea

3. LaQua

Now you could ALSO do Sega Joypolis in the evening on one of your Disney days as it's about 20 minutes by train, open late, and it's in an 'entertainment complex' called "Pallete Town" that you both would probably enjoy.

--Robb

^Hey, no need to be jealous, you get to spend three weeks with me in Europe where I'll describe all the death metal bands from each country we're in, and play examples of their music...

Dave "OK, perhaps this might not be as much fun as I think it would be for everyone else" Thomas

Yeah, those were the parks I was thinking aobut but I wanted your opinions too. The best part about it all is that we would be meeting up with Rebecca's brother(who has been to Japan several times) and his girlfriend (who is from Japan) and they would help us get around. It's all coming down to a timing issue. If the planets line up we'll be there sometime in July!

1. Tokyo Disneyland

2. Tokyo DisneySea

3. LaQua

Now you could ALSO do Sega Joypolis in the evening on one of your Disney days as it's about 20 minutes by train, open late, and it's in an 'entertainment complex' called "Pallete Town" that you both would probably enjoy.

--Robb

Isn't Pallet Town in pokemon..

• 3 weeks later...

So this trip is looking like it might happen. (Keeping my fingers crossed.) One more question for you guys. What books and/or maps did you find work the best? We're looking at a hotel that's about a mile away from the Imperial Palace in downtown Tokyo and our next step is to figure out what's the nearest and easiest transportation to the places we want to visit. Thanks!

We're just looking at Tokyo right now. If it all works out as planned then we would be spending 7 full days in Tokyo, with a day on the front and one on the back for travel.

I will certainly take you up on your offer to borrow your books and maps, now I just have to figure out when I can make it up there. Work this year has been crazy. In the next four weeks I will be going to Las Vegas (twice), Hawaii and Costa Rica. I can't wait until things settle down at work so I can get back to the important stuff -- TRIP PLANNING!

You coming up this way anytime soon? We'd be happy to lend you some of the really great books and maps we have. Do you just need Tokyo or other places as well?

Elissa "Tokyo is easy!" Alvey

Hey! Do you know where I can get some good books. Im gonna check the local library but any suggestions on books to purchase...

1. Tokyo Disneyland

2. Tokyo DisneySea

3. LaQua

Now you could ALSO do Sega Joypolis...

--Robb

Thanks Robb, I'm definitely going to all four of those then. (I leave in 3 days for Tokyo)

Would you say that a trip to Fujikyu and Nara Dreamland are in order ? I'm fascinated by the Nara park :shock: !!!

Cheers,

Rob.

• 1 month later...

It's official!! I got the time off from work and I just booked our tickets to Tokyo!

The only part that sucks is that it looks like Raging Spirits won't be open when we go. (June 26-July4)

Oh well, I guess that means I have to go back!

YAYAYAYAY!!!! That's so exciting! Make sure to hit us up for some of our Japan stuff before we leave for Europe. Ooo, maybe we'll have daily Europe and Japan updates on the site while we're both gone!

Elissa "are you coming to the BBQ? We could give you guys the stuff then!" Alvey

No we won't be able to make the BBQ, I'm going to working down in San Diego that day.

But if I have my new laptop by the time we leave, I will definitely post some updates of TDL and TDS and whatever other parks we manage to hit!

We're going to be staying in Kawasaki which is right between Tokyo and Yokohama. We have plans to go to TDL resort for two days and then we have to see if La Qua can be done in Half a day. (So we can fit in some touristy sightseeing.) I'm thinking that if Joyopolis is open late (or open at all) we might be able to hit that as well one night.

Are there any other parks that might be a half day/few hours/evening type? I remember in your video that the last park you hit was at night with a coster that went either underground or under a flume ride. I'm going to have to watch it again.

I'm also trying to learn a few phrases in Japanese. "Do you understand English? Where is the train Station?" Type things. It's a small CD set I picked up at Barnes and Noble for $20.

Nothing makes time in traffic go by faster than learning a new Language!

The Japanese for Dummies book and CD is great! As well as the "Speedy Japanese" flip book.

Those two night time parks are in Yokohama. Sea Paradise and Cosmoworld. Both are highly recommended!

I remember some of my Japanese!

Do you speak english? (spelled more phonetically) Eego hanashimaska?

Where is the train station? Eki wa doku desu ka?

Elissa "can you tell I miss Japan?" Alvey

• 1 month later...

Almost there! I'll be in Japan on Monday! Our final itinerary includes the Disney Parks and Fuji Q Highland. I am still trying to see if we can do either Sea Paradise or Cosmo world one night. I will post trip reports and pictures as time permits, thanks to everyone for their tips!