TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAAPA 2011 Trade Show - TPR's Official Report!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool new things this year! So far, I am impressed with the Mini Hu. I love the idea of the bouncing back and forth like a frog hopping between lilypads. Big Fun by GCI is also amazing. The fact that a small park will easily be able to purchase such a high quality ride can do nothing but good for the industry.

Thanks for the AWESOME coverage, guys!

Griffin

I always knew Orlando was the perfect place for IIAPA. Still, looking at all the videos, photos, posts, I can't help but recall my one visit to the tradeshow floor in 09, vegas, and shed a tear of remembrance and longing. Orlando is so much cooler than the whole west coast hopes to be!

Thanks so much for the awesome and detailed coverage of the show! I would love to attend this someday. Lots of exciting developments, although I am most curious to find out who is getting the brand new Rocky Mountain coaster for 2013 as well as what parks will be getting the next Wing Riders in years to come!

Edited by Jhcbiinoc

After watching the 4th video, I think I have a favorite IAAPA attraction now: Fishpipe! Seriously, this thing looks awesome, could make a nice water park attraction that's limited on space. First I was wondering why they called it "Fish Pipe" but after watching, the riders in it looked like a bunch of fish flopping around inside the ball (especially when the 2 were in there).

Every year I think I won't be all that interested in IAAPA coverage, and every year I end up positively fascinated.

Some random notes:

- Love that Ferris wheel car.

- For whatever reason, from photos the Mini-Hu reminds me of a smaller Huss Jumping.

- I don't recall the original El Loco trains bothering me, but I'm happy to see S&S improving on them.

- I'm a flat ride person, but I almost wonder if some of these new designs are too much even for me.

Parks, PLEASE buy:

- The Gravity Group's SplinterFX coasters. They just look so, so right.

- GCI's Big Fun model (which somehow makes me think of RCT, in a good way). I can't wait to see where these end up!

Best Interview by far was pro slide, dude it just crazy. Its seems like he would be able to just go on and on and on about his rides, very energetic i love it. Seems like he has a lot of passion for what he does. not so thrilled about B&M. Oh Alberto from Zamperella seems crazy too .

A couple of notes from the show today so far...

- There's a strong rumor floating around that GCI has already sold a Big Fun, and well, I can't spill all the details I heard from the Mini Melts guy!

I wonder how well a Big Fun would into the footprint of, say, a Vekoma Boomerang. Because I can think of one park that could stand to sell that and get a Big Fun instead, which is far better suited to their park's character and customer base. Their (rather old) Boomerang has nearly always been a walk on any time I've visited it in the last several years.

Best Interview by far was pro slide, dude it just crazy. Its seems like he would be able to just go on and on and on about his rides, very energetic i love it. Seems like he has a lot of passion for what he does. not so thrilled about B&M. Oh Alberto from Zamperella seems crazy too .

Rick from ProSlide is one of my favorite people at IAAPA to interview! He loves TPR, and always is so full of energy when we talk to him. And yeah, seems to love what he does. Every time we walk by the ProSlide booth, you see the guy so animated in all of his meetings. It's really a great thing! The guys at B&M have always been a difficult interview. I haven't seen Claude at IAAPA in a number of years (maybe just never caught him), and Walter is always happy to do the interview for us, but he tells me "I can't really talk about much, and I'm not good with the cameras....", and Alberto, he's awesome! Always a fun guy to chat with!

Here's the new video again in case you missed it:

Edited by robbalvey