TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild- & Freizeitpark Klotten finally gets his log-flume...

I bow down to Klotten for taking common rides and giving them steroids:

Heisse Fahrt: Wild Mouse on Steroids

Their Log Flume: Log Flume on Steroids!

Heisse Fahrt has always been one of the coasters that has intrigued me (another being Wild Train at Erlebnispark Strasswalchen). I just love the idea of messed up and aggresive family coasters.

I also wonder if ABC Rides could be the next Zierer? Just a thought...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I made a short stop at Klotten on my way home to take a picture of the new waterride.

It looks very impressive and steep. I don't think that they will start with the theming this year.

Greetings, Matthias

Thanks for the update! It is safe to say that you will get some nice airtime on that one!

wow... that's a really big pre-drop, never have thought about a hill like this can`t wait to see this in action... and hope no boat will ever rollback really nice addition to this park... i pray that they will add the theming this year, but like you said, it doesn't look like they could do it this year.

Wow!

I live in germany about 1 hour away from the park. I often read in german coaster forums and today is the first time i seen the news and the pictures in this "american" forum. Very nice, finally! Not the announced volcano but it looks impressive. Just the castle theme is very different to the rest of the park. (nature, rocks and simple) One of my favourite parks for a relaxing day and i will visit it this year again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a nice new report with pics from http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&forum=DCForumID4&om=7412&omm=17&viewmode=.

Some informations from the report.... There is many to do because they want to open it in 2-3 weeks for the public.... The Theming will come within the next two years, if they get enough people into the park maybe they will add it next winter. It's planned to put animatronics on the ride, two were already ordered and many more should follow. They will add some water canons and some little suprisings they don't want to share at the moment.

While you were lifted with the elevator the the lift turns around 180 degrees to get you a nice view over the landscape.

Then you go the 25 meters downwards with a highspeed of 80 km per hour a 56 degree steep drop. But before you drive over a little airtime hill.

A little letdown is that they will break the trains down on the airtime hill so that you get maximum negative g's of -0,2. They mention that they use "eddy-current brakes" to slow it down, because if they wouldn't do it, the g's would be so high that you were lifted out of your seat (sounds after nearly -1,0g's) .... and because of they want that it stays family- and child-friendly, they made this decision... Not good news for us coaster enthusiasts, but for a small park like this and the families which are visiting,imo the best choice.

One last thing to mention is that some of the residents seem to complain about the yellow-painting, so they were going to change the color of track to fit better in the area.

But now some pics:

source: http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&forum=DCForumID4&om=7412&omm=17&viewmode=

I'm pleased the ride has finally got the go-ahead, I saw the original plans the park had for the ride, and it looked pretty cool with the volcano effect so hopefully they will add all the themeing eventually. Hope it does well for them, Klotten is a lovely little park

Sweeeeet! Now I see how they are going to fit it all together, and this is obviously more exciting than the original design. I'm so happy I was on the TPR Mini-Europe Trip back then when we visited the park because I can't imagine ever having gone there on my own. The Klotti-coaster is so crazy!

I just looked at those photos and I just .

I did it for two reasons: that was a good looking water flume ride and there's no park in the USA that has a log flume design like that. Plus, I also love how they constructed the ride around an existing roller coaster that looks like it's a fun ride.

"Relax, just lay your head upon mine and I can help you dream that you're there riding that log flume. Just one request: don't wet the bed!"

• 1 month later...

Really pleased to see the park finally get their long awaited log Flume,Klotten is a lovely relaxing chill out park, and the views over the mountains are quite stunning.It is a shame the very orginal plans didnt happen(the volcano theme) and the cool feature of the log flume running underneath Heiße Fahrt airtime hill's section but its still nice to see this ride in some form of reality, I really want this to work for the park, Good for them

Saw the video and I was flabbergasted! That elevator was rotating!

Because we still don't anything like that in the USA make me wanna BIG TIME!!!

"Now, now, don't cry - just lay your head upon me and I'll help you dream that you're there."

• 1 month later...

some goods news... the park removed the magnetic brake on the top of the hill, so that you get a little bit more air on the hill and drop.

And they changed the color to a slightly blue/white tone because of the residents which complained about the yellow structure.

Here are some really nice pics from http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&forum=DCForumID4&om=7412&omm=19&viewmode=from the user "Bone":

the started to add theming inside

this girl in a box will make you wet

it seems that you can make the riders of Rittersturz even more wet with this canon

it seems that you really get wet