TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IAPPA 2011 in Orlando 14-18 Nov. 2011

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's like asking what auto manufacturers will be at an international auto show.

Pretty much every amusement ride manufacturer will be there in some form. Obviously the larger companies, Intamin, B&M, Vekoma etc... will have the larger booths. The show also has a section for food vendors (less the Dippin' Dots guys), along with companies that sell front gate ticketing systems etc.....

Edited by DJeXeL

^ The convention is open to anyone who wants to register. With that being said, while it can be fun, it is also a professional convention where business is going on everywhere you look. The best (and cheapest) way to attend is on Friday when a discounted one day ticket is offered and the floor has a much more casual feel to it.

This is my first time going to an IAAPA convention and I can't wait! Hopefully I'll be able to see Walter Bolliger like you guys did last year, that would be a dream come true

Just remember if you do see him he is there for business - I've seen far too many enthusiasts over the years stick there nose where it doesn't belong during the convention (not saying you would - just making a general statement).

Its a trade show and not one geared toward the public, so there really isn't a "one day ticket". There is registration which lasts for the entirety of the show. As a non-member, should you not be in ACE, the price is $309 for a pass. I'm not sure what they discount it to on Friday (which is closing day), but it is not going to be some cheap-o bargain. You can certainly register as a buyer on site. Wear business casual clothing.

I'm looking forward to TPR's coverage of the event, as well as possibly providing my own unique perspective on the show through my own coverage, now that my career goals have changed.