TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video TR // Cedar Point Slooooooooooooow

Hey guys!

My girlfriend and I made a stop to Cedar Point for closing weekend October 29th and 30th. Halloweekends was super fun as always. We really had a blast!

We were in the area in between shoots so we had all our gear with us to shoot some video! I hope you enjoy the unique twist that we pulled with this video. And you can also see someone lose their cell phone at 2:30 I didn't notice it while I was shooting but it turns out it landed just a few feet away from me. It still worked

Enjoy!!!

Cedar Point // Slooooooooow

^^^Video link, click to watch!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude this was stunning!!! Your shots are top notch and your sense of composition throughout the entire video was just gripping! I felt like a little kid again

Thanks for uploading this, we all definitely appreciate the work you put into this

That was ridiculously cool! Thanks for sharing!

I LOVED the part towards the beginning with the people starting to put their hands up at the top of Magnum's lift hill... the music and everything was perfect! It was such a "Yay! We're on a roller coaster" moment, hahaha...

Thanks for posting this! I should bookmark this and watch it every morning because this video made my day!

edit: Which shot is the one with the flying cell phone? I seem to be missing it.

edit: never mind, I found it. for everyone else it's at 2:34.

Nice footage. I especially like how everything's in slow motion. I had to watch it again to see the cell phone flying out. Did the phone land on grass or something? And was it one of those brick phones for it to survive a 400+ foot drop?

It landed on the grass between the fence and the pathway on the Millennium side of the ride. It was a typical everyday phone, nothing fancy! But it opened up and worked just fine! Another guest came up and took it back to the station.

Thanks everybody! Happy to share!

It's amazing how I drop my phone out of my pocket and it smashes into a million pieces, but yet someones phone flies out of the dragster at 420 feet and everything just dandy. Screw physics.

But actually, this was an incredible piece of film you got here! I love how you made a video of roller coasters, in a subtle classy way. Very nice.

That was absolutely beautiful... like "Fantasia" only with roller coasters... and real footage rather than animation... okay, maybe not so much like Fantasia, but I liked this more... I would watch a feature length film like this... Simply amazing!!!...

***And good god, it looked like that cell phone was falling right towards you... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES... ITS RAINING PHONES FROM THE HEAVENS... Happy to see you were okay...

Edited by Maximo37

Wow. Very cool! Nicely shot. I like your framing and focus changes! Very nice!

It's cool how in the shot of dragster track at around 1:32, you can see how the track sways side to side after a train goes through.

I was wondering is anybody else caught that!

Hopefully a park gets a hold of this so we can work for them! I would love to mix my two great passions, video and coasters.

Wow. Very cool! Nicely shot. I like your framing and focus changes! Very nice!

It's cool how in the shot of dragster track at around 1:32, you can see how the track sways side to side after a train goes through.

I was wondering is anybody else caught that!

Hopefully a park gets a hold of this so we can work for them! I would love to mix my two great passions, video and coasters.

If you spend a lot of time at Dragster (<-fanboy) you can actually see that the entire tower sways and twists a whole lot. The end of the launch track does that because there isn't any side support. You can tell after every launch...it's pretty crazy actually. If you are aware, you can actually notice the sway while you're riding.