TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dark Ride Paradise - Wild Bill's Nostalgia Center

My parents love to shop for antiques so this is the perfect spot to hit up when we're in the area. The dark rides are the icing on the already awesome cake.

I can't get enough of that store. So much awesome old stuff in one place. The Williamsburg Antique Mall has nothing on psychedelic storefront with world's largest bobblehead.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks really cool, one could possibly get lost in the store alone. The place will definitely be an attraction I can see being featured on a show on the travel channel. Thanks for the great photos and interesting report Larry. Wild Bill looks like a man whose got some great stories to tell.

I think I will spend more time searching out dark ride nostalgia in the future. I think a Wild Bill's/Quassy/Compounce/SFNE/NYC trip has quickly been bumped into the top three most likely future trips anywhere for me.

I think this was a VERY good TR to share. Reason #1 why TPR is the only coaster forum I pay attention to.

Great TR Larry! I live about 25 min from Wild Bill's & have been going there since I was a teenager. I have got some excellent vintage concert tees, videos, & random nostalgic stuff there & everytime I drive by it seems like more has been added. I learned so much I never knew from your report so thanks so much for that! Looks like like many more great things are planned for the future there. Very exciting!!

We here at Wild Bill's would really like to thank Larry for coming to visit us personally.

I would also like to reply to Forces(John C.) with this link http://www.roadsideamerica.com/blog/giant-jack-in-the-box/ from Roadside Attractions, who have been to Wild Bill's on 3 seperate instances. We are all looking forward to meeting you all here at Wild Bill's anytime.

Thanks for all the support and wonderful comments.

Buffalo Bill

I haven't logged in here for ages and Im glad I did tonight. I had heard about this place before, but this is the first time I've really got to know what its about. This is a great project. I love the old classic dark rides. Sure the sally laser makeovers are great and all, but I do miss just sitting there rumbling along in the dark nervous about what's going to assault me round the next corner.

I also cant get over the reality of that store! Its exactly the kind of place where you can happen upon a real unexpected gem that you would sell a kidney for.

I look forward seeing this progress.

Oh, and thanks to Larry for showing it to us!

This is just awesome!

I am definitely going to have to talk my Dad into driving the motor home out there for the flea market and to check this place out next year. We love antiques, flea markets, old beer cans/bottles/signs...and the dark ride restoration project is the bonus win & a super cool idea!

Thanks for sharing, Larry!

PS - Anyone named 'Buffalo Bill' restoring dark rides is a winner in my book!

Best of luck,guys!

Thanks for all the support and wonderful comments.

Our thanks to you and Chuck Burnham for taking this on.

I know this is a little confusing, but just want the remind everyone for clarity's sake, the poster "WillFCody" is Wild Bill's son.

Wild Bill Ziegler and Chuck Burnham are the driving forces behind the project from a financial, visionary and workmanship standpoint. I met a couple of the other guys on Chuck's crew while visiting and they may be joining the TPR site in the future, also.

This funhouse draws influence from the former Riverside Park (Agawam, MA) dark ride , designed & decorated by Bill Tracy, himself in the spring of 1962. The façade was destroyed at the end of the 1983 season, and the best known photograph of it was taken that year by our friends at http://www.laffinthedark.com . Please visit their website to learn more about the great endeavors we are undertaking at this very moment. We will be updating every so often to keep you appraised on whats happening. http://www.flickr.com/photos/60904464@N02/sets/ .

Thanks as always, Wild Bill