TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2012! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read though the FAQ and hope this isn't a stupid question, but if we are Cedar Fair Platinum Pass holders, would it be same as a Knotts season pass & eligible for the discount?

Michael and I have renewed our Platinum Passes, but we would need to get them processed at the park as that would be our first CF park visit of the season.

As long as your platinum pass voucher was purchased from Knott's, you're good. Cedar Fair parks generally let you in once with a seasons pass voucher purchased from that park. That gives you a chance to have it processed during the day once the seasons pass processing office opens.

If you have a voucher from a park other than Knott's, they seem pretty strict from all the disclaimers on the voucher and on the website that you must process your voucher at the park where you bought your voucher from. That said, Cedar Fair parks are generally flexible and accommodating. If you call Knott's or the park that you bought the voucher from, no guarantees, but hopefully they can let you know how to deal with that.

^ This is where it got tricky for me last year. In 2010, I purchased a PP at Cedar Point during Halloweekends for 2011, but my first park for 2011 happened to be Kings Dominion because Cedar Point wasn't open yet. They processed my Platinum Pass at Kings Dominion without a problem, but I had to try and contact them by phone three or four times when I tried to renew online this fall.

Now I'm kinda in the same boat for Knotts. I renewed my PP pass through Kings Dominion and they mailed me a voucher, but it sounds like I might not be able to process it at KBF during West Coast Bash.

I'll contact KBF before we head out there and see what they might (or might not) be able to do for us.

FYI, for those who wonder if they can upgrade a Bash admission to a Six Flags AP.

First, Robb's FAQ on the topic:

- Q: Can I apply the cost of my event ticket towards a season pass? A: In the past, our host parks have allowed members to do this. I would imagine it would be the same this year, although we have not heard anything officially.

As of yesterday, Magic Mt's in-park ads offered an upgrade of a day ticket for $39.99.

Hey everyone! I was wondering what sites everyone uses to buy their airline tickets? I've never purchased them before so I'm totally clueless! Also how much on average do you pay for them? Just so I know if i find a deal! Thanks in advance for the help! =]

I use kayak.com.

Hey everyone! I was wondering what sites everyone uses to buy their airline tickets? I've never purchased them before so I'm totally clueless! Also how much on average do you pay for them? Just so I know if i find a deal! Thanks in advance for the help! =]

I say go see a travel agent.

I know liberty travel does some form of pricebeat deal so what you do is find a price online print it ourout or take a picture then ring or go see them and tell them you have found xx price and they are legally obliged to beat it by xx amount.

Its a great way to make sure you don't get ripped off but get the service of someone else doing it all for you.

I say go see a travel agent.

I know liberty travel does some form of pricebeat deal so what you do is find a price online print it ourout or take a picture then ring or go see them and tell them you have found xx price and they are legally obliged to beat it by xx amount.

Its a great way to make sure you don't get ripped off but get the service of someone else doing it all for you.

Actually- that's illegal. Don't do it. Copying down/farecaptures to things like that are under several different transport covenants (Including ARC, the group that collects fare revenues for all but TWO airlines in the USA). If an airline finds out you have done that, they do not have t honor your booking- whether paid or not. (ARC/IATA Fare code rules, 2008-present).

Online fares are handled under a different system than are Travel Agents/Consolidators prices. Liberty Travel cannot -LEGALLY- match your online price- they aren't allowed to do it. They will match any price that is offered WITHIN the framework of ticketing, but you won't necessarily be on either the same airline- or for that matter, same date and time. To have them match the -exact- same fare you have on the same airline/date/time is called fare manipulation, which Liberty Travel will not do. You will, most likely, end up with another airline, which may or may not result in you paying less, or even at the times and places you want to be.

IN the end, depending on what city you are looking for, there are three steps you should think of:

1.) Is my city served by Southwest/Airtran, Jetblue or Virgin America?

2.) Is my city served by Allegiant Air/Spirit Air?

3.) Is my city a place where I will have to change planes from first?

It also helps to know your nearest LCC/ULCC: Low Cost City/Ultralow Cost City- and look how to get around from there.

An example of this:

If you live in, say, Colorado Springs, you have Allegiant Air, nonstop to Los Angeles, four days a week.

If you live in, say, Pasco WA, you have Allegiant Air nonstop to LA 3 days a week.

The key is to look at your DEPARTURE airport, and go from there. Knowing who is operating out of your airport will save you quite a bit of time, and quite a bit more money than going to a Travel Agent. (IN the case of airline tickets, you're better off doing it yourself- Almost all travel agents charge fees for booking tickets- usually around 25.00 each way. For more complicated travel, USE a Travel Agent.)

OK: So for everybody out there: How do I get to LA cheaply?

FROM BOS (Boston Logan) ORD (Chicago O'Hare), SFO (San Francisco), SEA (Seattle Tacoma), Washington Dulles (IAD), New York/Kennedy (JFK), Orlando (MCO) or Ft. Lauderdale (FLL):

Virgin America has NONSTOPS from here

or if you live near Chicago Midway (MDW), Denver (DEN), Phoenix, (PHX), Las Vegas (LAS), Albuquerque (ABQ), El Paso (ELP), Houston Hobby (HOU), San Antonio, (SAT), Austin (AUS), Baltmore (BWI),

Southwest Airlines is nonstop from these cities

If you live beyond these cities, you may find some nonstop flights on Allegiant Air:

Allegiant Air serves many smaller cities in the west/midwest.

If you're flexible, and can fly from Chicago O'hare (ORD), Detroit (DTW), Fort Lauderdale (FLL) or Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW):

Spirit Air is your best bet: But beware of the fees.

And sometimes you can find better sale fares on the 'Mainline' airline such as Continental/United or Delta AIr Lines.

If you use a site such as Kayak, Travelocity, Priceline or Orbitz, know this: Often, you will find the -exact- same fare at the airline's website, and in some cases it could be up to 25.00 CHEAPER there. It depends on the airline and it's relationship to the site in question.

See? You now have all the basic skills to negotiate your travel experience to WCB (or anywhere else) easily, quickly, and without the headaches.

R.D. "I've been in this business now for 15 years now" Sussmann

For those of you who have booked your SFMM hotel through Hotwire or Priceline, THIS YEAR, can you post your bid amount and which hotel you ended up at?

Last year I ended up at the Courtyard By Marriott Santa Clarita Valencia with a bid of $70pn. Two years ago I ended up at the Hyatt Regency Valencia. I don't remember my bid though.