TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2012! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great! Personally, I never much cared for March - weird weather, losing an hour from the time change, physics day, crowds starting to pick up. February sounds like a good change. Even being a holiday weekend it should be enough in the off-season where I'd think the crowds will be minimal. Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. Now I just pray that I'm in town then.

Didn't expect to hear anything about WCB until next month.. Haha.. Great news!! Can't not wait!! I had to read it twice, becuase the past few years i've been going it was in March. lol But Robb is right, having it on a 3 day weekened like that makes it more easier for a lot of people. As for me work will be slow, so i'll have a better chance of possibly requesting days off that month and that weekened!!

Urrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!! You're killing me.

The Bash has been on my radar for years but I've never been able to make it cause I go to Alaska every March. Next year I'm going in April and figured 2012 would be the year when it all lines up. But President's weekend? I guess it gives me 3 months to sweet talk the boss to give me the 2nd busiest holiday weekend of the year off. Yeah, like that'll happen. Bummer for me.

I like how I announce the dates and people bitch about it.

Hey, you know what? WE COULD JUST NOT DO WEST COAST BASH EVER AGAIN!!!

So, to those of you complaining. STFU. Because you're making me not want to do WCB ever again.

You're Welcome.

This is awesome -- just saw that our 'Family Day' was bumped to the 20th this year! Definitely 90% sure I'm going to finally do this. Plus, I hear there's cake?

Do you recommend Burbank airport? Are there any hotels that most of the group have generally stayed at in the past?

Thanks,

J

^^ Robb, you know that the event is going to sell out and be awesome like every year.

I say you keep track of the bitching people and not let them buy tickets.

^ I'd recommend Burbank if you can fly in there. It's probably 20 miles or so from SFMM and is pretty easy to get there.

Again, as Elissa said, don't count on public transportation to get there though.

the only issue i have with the earlier date is that it might be too early to announce a new haunt maze

All of the other awesome stuff that will be offered at West Coast Bash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Some measly Haunt announcement.

Edited by ernierocker

Now we're actually contemplating using our time share swap for a week in LA for WCB versus going to Vegas first.

We thought about looking in the Anaheim area, but it would be nice to be near the ocean too. It looks like Huntington & Newport Beach are close to Anaheim, but are they nice areas?

I've only been in LA a couple of times in my life, so I'm pretty much a virgin to the city. I do know that there are some areas that are probably better to avoid, but would assume that most time shares are going to be in nicer areas near the tourist attractions?

Not sure if there are any RCI time share folks that have rented in the LA area that may have some advice or tips to share?

Thanks!

^^^ Newport is nice ... Huntington is probably 75% nice. The closer you are to the beach, the nicer it is. So if your rental is near the beach, you should be fine.

Anaheim itself can be kind of dodgy ... avoid Garbage ... er Garden Grove. Costa Mesa is also nice and isn't far from the beach and could get you another 5 miles closer to DL. But remember, in February the beach water will also be pretty cold (yes, even in SoCal).

Newport and HB aren't far from Disneyland per-se', but depending on where you are staying in HB it may actually take you longer to get the 5-6 miles to the freeway than it does for you to get the other 10 miles to DL.

If you are anywhere near the 55 then you will have an easy trip to Disneyland from there.

I know the area pretty well (as do some other people) so once you have a few picked out you can PM me and I'll let you know which one is best.

Also remember, if you are staying in OC you are going to be about 75 miles away from SFMM and depending on where in OC, you could be 20-25 miles from Knott's (or less than 10).

Another reason for the earlier date is the park hours work better for a back-to-back event weekend. SFMM is open until 8pm instead of 10pm. We'll still get the same awesome amount of ERT, but you won't be having to drive home or down to Orange County at midnight (or later!) only to have to get up for Knott's at the crack of dawn the next morning.

Trust me guys, theme park event planning is something we are industry experts in. No one does it better than TPR. NO ONE! So if you don't trust us to put together a kick ass theme park event for you, just hang up your hat now, and start a new hobby.

--Robb

Another reason for the earlier date is the park hours work better for a back-to-back event weekend. SFMM is open until 8pm instead of 10pm. We'll still get the same awesome amount of ERT, but you won't be having to drive home or down to Orange County at midnight (or later!) only to have to get up for Knott's at the crack of dawn the next morning.
THANK YOU!!! Being fully awake at Knott's will make this event SO much better.

^ I'd recommend Burbank if you can fly in there. It's probably 20 miles or so from SFMM and is pretty easy to get there.

Again, as Elissa said, don't count on public transportation to get there though.

Burbank also does have the rare advantage of being within walking distance of a train station, but like you said, public transit won't help much with getting to SFMM or KBF. I know public transit (ie. buses) goes to both, but my experience going just between UC Irvine and Disneyland via bus is that getting around will usually take about 10x longer than with a car, it's unreliable, and they probably aren't available when needed.