TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually though that part of the ride was over. So I was getting ready to leave. But then the things happen and gave me another shock of awesomeness. I too think Mummy is one of the best coasters out there.

Yeah me too, I was ready to push up my lap bar and get out, then Imhotep reappeared and I was like, "Oh shi-!"

My favorite is the Mummy at Universal Orlando. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but let's just say that you think you're done and the ride's over, but it's not.

Lame! I was so bored the entire "part that you are talking about that you don't want to spoil for anyone."

I'll agree that the ride really isn't thrilling at all, but you still have to give a lot of credit to Universal for the great effects.

My favorite is the Mummy at Universal Orlando. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but let's just say that you think you're done and the ride's over, but it's not.

I say that's one of the worst. Ooohhh, purdy... wait, uh? What's with the coffee?

Best? Probably Maverick...

No, not that part with Brendan Fraser. I meant the part with the lady behind the screen saying "We hope you enjoyed your ride..."

Screw you all, Adventure Express ending is my favourite of the bunch. It actually made me enjoy the ride. Still the best coaster at PKI!

...no, I haven't been on Diamondback. Does it give AE a run for it's money?

I've already posted on here earlier, but I've got two more good/bad endings.

Good: Kraken at Sea World Orlando. I love the tunnel straight into the corkscrew.

Bad: Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Orlando. I really don't care for this ride. I think it is mainly because Universal played it up as the greatest ride ever, and I thought the effects simply weren't that good. The false ending didn't fool me because I was in the front row and could see a relatively big drop right in front of me, and the stop was so abrupt that it was painful and I knew that a stop like that couldn't be the real ending. Besides, since when does glass breaking equal being splashed with water? Anyways, the real ending is even worse. "Hey, welcome back! I hope you enjoyed yourself. I would have enjoyed this interview a lot more if I had gotten my cup of coffee!" Seriously, what were they thinking?

Jeez, who dug this topic up. I started to read the first couple of posts and realized they were from 2005.

Anyway, I haven't ridden too many coasters but the best ending would be Thunderbolt's 90 foot drop. The worse would be Mean Steak because the ride itself is a snoozer and the ending is a uninteresting drop and hill.

Bad: Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Orlando. I really don't care for this ride. I think it is mainly because Universal played it up as the greatest ride ever, and I thought the effects simply weren't that good. The false ending didn't fool me because I was in the front row and could see a relatively big drop right in front of me, and the stop was so abrupt that it was painful and I knew that a stop like that couldn't be the real ending. Besides, since when does glass breaking equal being splashed with water? Anyways, the real ending is even worse. "Hey, welcome back! I hope you enjoyed yourself. I would have enjoyed this interview a lot more if I had gotten my cup of coffee!" Seriously, what were they thinking?

Way to spoil the ending...

Way to spoil the ending...

If you read the last two pages, everything I said has already been mentioned.

I was in the front seat also my first time and saw the drop, but it still caught me off guard because I didn't know what was going to happen. It would have been better if I were in the back, but oh well. At least it's a hell of a lot better than most coasters, that just meander around with nothing to look at...

Also, to each his own, but how is an animatronic Imhotep (2 actually) that looks exactly like a real mummy/person moving around "not that good?" If anything, it's some of the best animatronics I've seen on a ride.

Meh, can't please everyone...some people are so picky and will still complain NO MATTER WHAT.

Honestly, the worst to me are Kingda Ka and Storm Runner. Both of these coasters have so much power at the end of each ride that they could have made them a lot longer by adding more backed turns, hills, cork screws, loops, dives, cobra rolls...just anything let the cars release the power without slamming on the breaks.

I was in the front seat also my first time and saw the drop, but it still caught me off guard because I didn't know what was going to happen. It would have been better if I were in the back, but oh well. At least it's a hell of a lot better than most coasters, that just meander around with nothing to look at...

Also, to each his own, but how is an animatronic Imhotep (2 actually) that looks exactly like a real mummy/person moving around "not that good?" If anything, it's some of the best animatronics I've seen on a ride.

Meh, can't please everyone...some people are so picky and will still complain NO MATTER WHAT.

When I went, Imhotep's mouth was moving side to side, not up and down. Somehow, I doubt that was working properly. Oh well. Although I never find audio-animatronics to be as realistic as some other people, I still like them better than slapping up a video screen and calling it a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Um, let's see. He's on a rod that's clearly visible. His movement is worse than any of Disney's A100 animatronics, and his mouth moves like the dinosaurs in Universe of Energy.

Universal does some things great, but I've yet to see them pull off a decent animatronic.

Um, let's see. He's on a rod that's clearly visible. His movement is worse than any of Disney's A100 animatronics, and his mouth moves like the dinosaurs in Universe of Energy.

Universal does some things great, but I've yet to see them pull off a decent animatronic.

What did you want them to do? Bring Harry Potter over from the new section over in IOA and tell him to use his levitation spell on Imhotep? Which would you rather have, that or a "cardboard cutout" like at every Cedar Fair or Six Flags park? No one said it was better than any of Disney's rides... Like I've already said, yes there are flaws, but they still did a damn good job, and it was already $40 million as it is, there probably wasn't much more they could do. And if you dislike it so much, and all the flaws get you so angry, then here's a simple solution, DON'T RIDE IT, or even converse about it for that matter!!! I don't know about you, but I tend to avoid the things I dislike, not purposely seek them.

Again, I love watching and hearing how picky people are.

I went to Kings Island for the first time this weekend and have a few rides I would like to add to this discussion. Well, one is always mentioned as having a bad ending. And that is Adventure Express, yet I loved the randomness of the final lift hill. Maybe it was just the people I was with or the fact that we rode it five times in a row at the end of the night, but I loved how silly it was. We mimicked the arm movement of the "you will pay" guys each time we rode and had a blast riding it, and the rest of the ride is surprisingly fun.

Diamondback's ending, however, was pretty bad. The ride up until the drop off the MCBR is amazing. The amount of floater airtime over the second hill is crazy and the speed is really fun. But the final bunny hops and helix are insanely tame and really kept the ride from being amazing overall. I still really liked the ride but the weak ending kept it from being one of my favorites.

The Beast is another ride that I feel has an awesome ending. We rode the ride twice, once in the front, once in the very back. The time we rode it in the back was at 9:30 at night so it was nice and dark. The ride is awesome at night and the double helix is insane. I'm not sure how people find The Beast rough. The only parts I even considered even remotely uncomfortable were the transitions into the final turn before lift 2 and the entrance to the double helix. And those weren't even that bad. I loved the ride and can definitely see why so many people do too. I have a thing for massive terrain coasters and this ride was just a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to whenever I can get back and ride it again. It's in my top coasters now just for pure fun.

Diamondback's ending, however, was pretty bad. The ride up until the drop off the MCBR is amazing. The amount of floater airtime over the second hill is crazy and the speed is really fun. But the final bunny hops and helix are insanely tame and really kept the ride from being amazing overall. I still really liked the ride but the weak ending kept it from being one of my favorites.

The Beast is another ride that I feel has an awesome ending. We rode the ride twice, once in the front, once in the very back. The time we rode it in the back was at 9:30 at night so it was nice and dark. The ride is awesome at night and the double helix is insane. I'm not sure how people find The Beast rough. The only parts I even considered even remotely uncomfortable were the transitions into the final turn before lift 2 and the entrance to the double helix. And those weren't even that bad. I loved the ride and can definitely see why so many people do too. I have a thing for massive terrain coasters and this ride was just a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to whenever I can get back and ride it again. It's in my top coasters now just for pure fun.

I have to agree with both. That trim killed Diamondback, could have been so much better, but it must be there and on so hard for a reason, so oh well. I also love the Beast after the second lift. It's just so insane, fast-paced, and intense...especially at night!

^^I don't even think I'd say it's the trim that kills it, I'd say it's just that the way they design all of their hills is the same. To have floater air. In my opinion, floater air only works on large hills where it is prolonged. On the smaller hills you really need ejector air in order to make the hill worth it. The train just crawls over the final hills as they are too rounded. I LOVE the first four hills, but after that they really don't do much in terms of intensity. But the ride is still a very good ride, just could be so much better with better end hills.

And I really loved the Beast. I've always had a fascination with it since the first time I saw a video of it, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. It's one of those rides that I could ride over and over and never get tired of. Sure, it's nowhere near the most intense coaster I've ever been on in terms of a variety of forces, but it pulls off laterals amazingly and it is just pure fun for me. And I've always liked long rampy hills to build up an element, and the massively long drop into the helix is so fun for me. I really wish more parks were capable of having massive rides that followed the terrain like Beast does. In fact, I wish Diamondback followed the terrain a little more and didn't require the woods to be mowed down around it as I think that was a missed opportunity. But what they got is still a very good ride, so I'm not going to complain.

• 1 month later...

THE WORST: I hate the Ninja's ending... LIFT HILL??? I was thinking it was going to be like BBW in Busch Gardens but no- right into the station! Also, California Screamin'. The "airtime" hills provided no airtime and those turns into the brakes were painful from my personal experiences...

THE BEST: Mainly any mega coasters that provide lots of bunny hills towards the end of the ride. For example, Apollo's Chariot and Nitro. Those rides have GREAT endings!

The Best and Worst Endings can be found (out of the parks I have been to) in the Coasters at SFSTL.

Best Ending

RKMT: The ending used to better with the flashing lights, but it is still great, especially when its night. The whole ride is average until then, where its drop is bother fun and thrilling.

Worst Endings:

Ninja: Ends with a helix where you have to brace yourself or else you will hurt your head.

Boss: I like the ride until the helixes, which I think add nothing to the ride and are rough.

I'd like to add into consideration for the "worst ending" category...

Goliath at SFOG.

What I'm referring to is are the last two drops with the quick turn in between. The pullout on the first of these drops is very short and unexpected, catching first-time riders off guard, then whiplashing them around the last turn, and whipping them down the final dip, straight into the brakes...ouch.

Good thing the rest of the ride is so awesome.

This has been said many times before and I don't want this post to be a clone, but here goes: I think the Beast has the best coaster ending (the helix is extremely rough, but I don't mind) and the lamest would be Adventure Express (the lift that plays with 1st time riders' emotions by ending the ride). I also like the endings of BLST (going under the queue), FoF (that corkscrew was so fast and smooth), and Diamondback (that one is more about aesthetics than experience). I also like T^2's double in-line twist ending.