TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

Like so many others I'll put my vote in for Ninja at SFMM as having the worst ending. I mean I can't tell you how many times you start going up the life and people think that some huge intense element is coming on the other side. What is on the other side? The station.

Ditto.

Happiest Ending:

Rolling Thunder at Great Adventure. Reason why I give this the best is because this is when the coaster stops...and the pain is over. Ya!

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Endings:

Maverick and Voyage (the entire return run is what I consider the "ending")

Worst:

Excalibur, starts out so good, almost awesome, then ends up being a replica of a kiddie woodie to end the ride

Big Thunder Mountain - WDW

Anti-Climatic.

I'll put in some!

BEST:

Talon: the 90 degree bend into an airtime filled last hop into the brakes is so fun.

Big Bad Wolf- Drop to the river is still one of my favorite parts on any ride anywhere

Lightning Racer- Going over and under the other track and doing a flyby speed curve into the breaks is so exciting because you see if you win!

The Beast- Double helix in those tunnels (esp at night) is so nasty.

El Toro- Inside Rolling Thunder, bouncing back and forth and left in right makes you feel like you're really bull riding!

WORST:

Alpengeist- Prolly the reason it's not in my top ten, after the final inversion (corkscrew) the ride loses speed and you coast around the bends to the breaks

Hydra- It was said earlier, after the cobra, it dies.

Great Bear- One of my favorite rides, but would be better if you didn't crawl into the breaks after such a speedy and smooth ride.

Best:

CP's Raptor - the helix of doom is just awesome.

Voyage - the return run is perfect, and the dive under the queue before the last turn-around is fantastic.

Worst:

Adventure Express - sweet lift hill to... turn and un-needed brakes and station. Lame sauce.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Dragon at Ocean Park's ending. Go up a lift hill, right turn, straight track, left turn, and into the brakes. Very boring.

And another good ending is any of the Batman clones. Even though the coaster has stopped, my adrenalin is still pumping.

BEST:

Shivering Timbers with its helix from hell!

Batman The Ride (SFGAm): It leaves you wanting more in a good way.

Montu: See BTR

WORST:

Demon (SFGAm): Decent coaster, not really an exciting ending.

BTMR (Magic Kingdom), but that coaster kinda drags throughout the ride anyways!

Gwazi: Everything about that coaster was bad, so actually in this case the ending WAS good!

(At first I didn't notice the crappy ending. After joining TPR I realized how bad the ending was. But the whole ride is awesome until the end.)

TPR shouldn't be the reason you change your opinion. It should be your own view on the ride, not someone elses.

I think what he's saying makes sense, you tend to notice more once you're attuned with coaster stuff. That would be why most enthusiasts hate SLCs whilst the general public seem to love them!

^ Stole the words right out of my mouth.

But yeah, before TPR, I never really put any thought about the ending. But after joining, I realized that they didn't really end the ride very well.

Don't get me wrong, Revenge of the Mummy is still one of my favorite coasters even though I realized that they didn't really conclude the story very well on that coaster.

"I haven't ridden X2 yet. But when it was X, the last Raven turn was very painful and gave me a headache for a good 20 minutes" (Team Thriller)

Sadly, it's not much better. But since I've "learned" how to ride, it doesn't affect me like it once did, as is also true with the rest of the ride.

Eric

• 4 months later...

BEST:

(in no order)

Maverick. After the launch (even when you slow down) you have so much speed and the sharp turns are great. The airtime hill is also great. Maverick's ending is perfect.

Beast. Like someone said above, the double helix flying into the tunnel at night is amazing.

Magnum XL-200. Those hills one-after-another at the end combined with great tunnels give the best air-time I've ever gotten and make an awesome ending.

Batman The Ride. I love how you fly through the corkscrews with so much speed and intensity.

WORST:

Voyage. I really do like The Voyage, and I think is a great ride, but it is just...too...long...sure a long coaster is great but with Voyage's non-stop extreme intensity and roughness you just want it to end at some point, but it just keeps going.

Silver Bullet. Not a fan of the helix.

Goliath (SFMM). Not a fan of the helix.

Tatsu. Not a fan of the pretzel loop.

Ninja. Laaame lift hill.

Adventure Express. Laaame lift hill.

The end of Mystery Mine is insane, especially that hang-time moment in the last inversion. It redeems the relatively tame beginning of the ride.

I also like any ride that ends with a fun hop into the brakes. I remember Ride of Steel having some great air on the last hill into the station. Goliath at SFoG, too.

Tatsu...saves the best for last.

Ninja's ending is such a let-downl! A lift-hill into nothingness?

Great bear is easily the worst I've been on...although Ninja at SFMM? ending with a lift is never fun.

for best I would say that I love the ending of boulder dash at Lake Compounce, or SROS (Bizarro) SFNE because it is powerful and continues the intensity of the ride

^^^

Voyage. I really do like The Voyage, and I think is a great ride, but it is just...too...long...sure a long coaster is great but with Voyage's non-stop extreme intensity and roughness you just want it to end at some point, but it just keeps going.

Silver Bullet. Not a fan of the helix.

Goliath (SFMM). Not a fan of the helix.

Tatsu. Not a fan of the pretzel loop.

All of those deserve a major tisk! Although Goliath's ending does suck, the helix is the only good part

Best: Terminator Salvation: The Ride (entirely due to the tunnel)

Space Mountain DLR

Ghostrider if it were smooth

Viper SFMM, gotta love those double hangtime filled corkscrews

Worst: Ninja (but I still love it) SFMM

Ghostrider (ow my spleen)

Scream (the ride flat out sucks, and gets nailed in its coffin after the mcbr) SFMM

Goliath SFMM (Where's the airtime?!!! At least it has the wonderful death helix)

Any SLC (oh the pain)

Best

- Boulder Dash (GCI's fantastic rework of that final stretch created an amazing stretch filled with airtime)

- Phoenix (Not quite as wild as Boulder Dash's ending, but still great)

- Top Flight Deck Gun CGA (Love that intense corkscrew and low helix over the pond)

Worst

- Lakeside Cyclone (Just barely crawling over those would-be airtime hills with barely enough speed to make it back to the station)

- Pony Express (In addition to the entire ride itself)

- Ninja SFMM (Pretty obvious by now)

Best

Phoenix

Boulder Dash

Jokers Jinx/FOF/Poltergeist- really good low turns and corkscrew after a lame middle

Superman Ride of Steels- all three

Worst

Alpengeist

El Toro- just twists around pointlessly at the end, which IMO is a huge waste of space and money. If it had another 2/3 airtime hills instead of the twisting it would probably be my favorite coaster.

Thunderhawk (Dorney)- trims absolutely ruin a few hills that should be great.

Best Ending (in no particular order):

Diamondback-I really like the helix and drop into the splashdown

Ravine Flyer II-The ninety degree turn and dive into the ravine before a few bunny hills is awesome

Beast-I love the insane double helix, especially at night

Worst:

Adventure Express-Lifthill to nothing

Mean Streak-Painful, airtime-less bunny hills to end a crappy ride