TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst for me was probably Gemini. As much as I like the ride, that end is brutal and I had to hold on to make sure I wouldn't get to bent up.

The best is Domiator. The overbank and the low to the marsh turn is the best feeling ever especially on a floorless.

The best is Domiator. The overbank and the low to the marsh turn is the best feeling ever especially on a floorless.

I'd forgotten all about Dominator's ending, it does rock! For me, best reason to go to GL, other than Villain and Dipper.

• 1 year later...

Ninja is of course the worst. Any Boomerang coaster's is also bad because the come into the station and slam on the brakes terribly.

The best, Goldrusher and Wicked! They both come into the brakes with an inch of air-time, but hey, it's something

Best ending: Tatsu (The pretzel loop counts as the end for me)

Riddler's Revenge (That last corkscrew eats Mantis's meandering ending, and spoils its riders)

Canyon Blaster (You've gotta love that ejector air! )

Worst Ending: Ninja's sucks, Big Thunder Mountain (DL) kind of loses the fun after the third lift hill

Best Endings

-Maverick: Really, the whole second half of the ride is insane!

-California Screamin': I consider the airtime hills the beginning of the end.

-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Paris version): You're going fast through the caves under the river with no real idea of which direction you're going until you suddenly fly up and into the brakes. Much better than the American versions.

Worst Endings

-Raptor: Don't get me wrong, I love the really intense helix at the end of the ride, but there is just something wrong about the banking at the end of the ride. It's like it goes from banked to straight too fast. Even when I knew it was coming, I still banged my head into the restraint.

-Gemini: Similar to Raptor. The end helix is intense, but something is weird with the track's banking right before the brake run.

-Mean Streak: This gets a special place on here because my brother and I actually got splinters thrown in our face heading into the final stretch.

-Also, Revenge of the Mummy (Florida) and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (US versions) for reasons already stated.

Best = Space Mountain... the set of right turns at the end are awesome. Not the fastest or most forceful, but I love them completely.

I'm not a fan of Space Mountain persay, but that last section of right turns makes me rethink my sentiments every single time! Great speed and force - especially at a Disney park!

Worst: Revenge of the Mummy

(At first I didn't notice the crappy ending. After joining TPR I realized how bad the ending was. But the whole ride is awesome until the end.)

Best: Space Mountain at WDW

(I love the red tube at the end or as I always call it the rectum part.)

Thunderhawk at Dorney.

The ride is actually pretty good, until you get to the end where they trim it to death and you basically crawl into the station. Talk about anti-climactic.

This. I've never been so bored on a roller coaster in my life.

Skyliner at Lakemont Park is similar, which is a shame because the first half of the ride is insane.

Best:

-Goliath:SFOG

-Batman Clones

-Space Mountain

-Kentucky Rumbler ....it just never lets up.

-Mantis

-Maverick

-Top Gun at KI - Two-Three 90* swings is awesome

Worst:

-Raptor's neck snap

-Beast's final helix can be one of the most painful experiences on a coaster.

-Mick Doohan ...well, the whole thing sucks really.

Best endings:

Mystery Mine---A fun ride all the way through, but the final twisting/vertical drop, heartline roll, dive loop, and hop into the brakerun make for a fantastic ending.

Voyage---After an incredibly insane course, the trains scream through an underground tunnel, and then rip through an air-filled triple-up, slamming into the brakes at high speed. (Even though they are 50ft in the air.)

The Beast---The rest of the course, I find boring and rough, but the helix finale is just fantastic.

---------------------------------

Worst Endings:

Raptor---Snap into the breakrun is very painful, and completely ruins the ride, IMO.

Adventure Express---The cool, long, themed tunnel that leads to...the station. WTF?

Great Bear---Umm...nothing happens.

Best:

Flight Deck at CGA. Forceful corkscrew, crazy helix over water, end. Awesome!

Space Mountain at DLR: After the drop, all those turns. Even though you're not going super fast, you feel like you're zooming through the cosmos.

Worst:

BTMRR at DLR: The first two thirds of the ride are so much fun, but the ending was a let down compared to the rest of the wild train ride.

Manhattan Express: This coaster fails at life 100%.

Grizzly at CGA: after two minutes of barely any airtime, it just ends. Nothing spectacular, it just sucks.

For good endings, this one is often overlooked, V2 at SFGAm, because of the unexpected brakes on the straight spike. Other good endings are definitely the Voyage for the non-stop fun, Ravine Flyer II for the 90* banking, Flight of Fear for the final corkscrew right before the brakes, and WHIZZER for the Helix of Fun!

Lame endings include Cedar Creek Mine Ride (I think I slept), Superman Ultimate Flight, a REALLY slow flat spin, and finally DARK KNIGHT, the first half of the ride was really awesomely themed, had surprises, and was really entertaining. The only theming in the second half of the ride was a flash bulb on the camera!

Best Endings

El Toro- Flying into Rolling Thunders infield with all those crazy forceful high banked turns is plain insanity.

Boulderdash- The Airtime Hills on the return trip are sick

Worst Ending

Great Bear- After the final corkscrew you just meander around abit until you hit the station.

Best Endings -

1.) Big Thunder Mountain, DL Paris.

-The ending drop seriously feels like it will never end. Imagine zooming into complete darkness.

2.) Big Bad Wolf, Busch Gardens

-The last drop still freaks me out!

3.) Alpengiest, Busch Gardens

-Extremely forceful while navigating the twists and inversions in and out of the ravines.

4.) Goliath, SFMM

-The helix is the most intense coaster moment. I still ge tunnel vision.

5.) G'segta Sau, Tripsdrill

-I love the bunny hops in and out of the pits. Some good airtime and good G's around the ending Helix.

Worst:

1.) Limit, Heide Park

-The inline twists are so painful. The ending turn gives you the last slam

2.) X

-I haven't ridden X2 yet. But when it was X, the last Raven turn was very painful and gave me a headache for a good 20 minutes.

I'll think more about the worst coasters later. But thats it for now.

--James

Best:

Riddlers-the last corkscrew and the high-speed turn is pure godliness. Mantis is nothing compared to this.

Eagle Fortress-it just keeps going faster...and faster...and faster...

Worst:

Ninja-lift hill...and then it's over.

Cedar Creek Mine Ride-that last helix was pretty painful, not to mention the pain I had gotten from the rest of the ride.

Like so many others I'll put my vote in for Ninja at SFMM as having the worst ending. I mean I can't tell you how many times you start going up the life and people think that some huge intense element is coming on the other side. What is on the other side? The station.