• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best:

The Voyage (for obvious reasons)

Magnum XL 200's bunny hops of death!

GASM's headchopper into the brakes!

Tennessee Tornado's crazy turn and ejector air before the brakes

The Beast's awesome helix (even though I absolutely hate the rest of the ride)

Gemini's cool neck-snapping helix

Worst:

Adventure Express lift hill back to the station

IJST's boring splashdown

Raptor (the only uncomfortable part of the ride)

Some one on page 8 said that PKI had Double Loop...ugh no!

BEST:

The Beast! - That helix kicks ass!

Magnum - 4 Airtime Hills...nuff said!

Millennium Force - Airitme hill and sweet overbank

Raptor - Corkscrew and insane helix

BORG Assimalator - 2 corscrews laying down, backwards head first...umm yea thats intense!

Top Gun: TJC - That last corkscrew really whips you around!!!

Mantis - Spegetti Bowl finally - nuff said

WORST:

Adventure Express - lift hill to nothing

SOB - No airtime on those hills!

Mean Streak.....just no

Corkscrew - boring

• 1 month later...
I brought up this topic back when Danimation.com was around. The lamest coaster ending for me would have to be a tie between Great Bear at HP and Kraken at SWO. While these rides are really fun, the last bit before the final brake run are snoozers.

My favorite coaster ending would probably be TTD at CP and Raptor at CP. While there are more, these two blew me away.

Wow... that surprises me. As soon as I saw this thread, I immediately thought of Kraken at Sea World Orlando as the ride with the best ending I have been on. Oh well.

The best ending I have been on is on Vortex at PCW. The swinging is insane going into the brake run, atleast 90 degrees. The G's are also really intense.

The worst ending has to be Revenge of the Mummy at USF, that ending video is lame. I would rather ROTM at USF had an ending like ROTM at USH, that ending is awesome.

BEST:

S:RoS (Any): The airtime hills are just, crazy.

Raging Bull: High Speed Figure 8 = Fun

Timberhawk: Nice little airtime dip before the brakes.

WORST:

MF: Jesus, they could have done so much more with the speed left.

Dueling Dragons (BOTH): After the corckscrews...borrrrring.

As for AE, I think it isnt the lift that kills it, but the fact that there is so much potential...It easily has more than enough room for a medium drop, or a quick helix (come off the turn, twist the other way, and go down then back up into the brake run...)

And to add/revise my best/worst list....

Best:

*Cyclops: Insane air hill #2, (#1 is the first drop), followed by one last pop of twisted air. Also, technically a station flyby

*Zues: Double down to double up, to another double up around Hades. All with nice airtime.

*Hades: I know someone said this was a "bad", but think about it. The ending consists of a hilly figure 8 that FLYS by the station/que, and eventually leads up into a forceful helix into the brakes.

*StormRunner: I don't care what the breaks did to it, any ride that ends in forceful, uphill tricktrack is okay in my books.

*FoF: A nice corky that sometimes leaves you seeing sideways.

Worst:

*Vortex (KI): Helix doesn't do it justice.

*Cyclops: The ride ends

*AE: Like I said, so much potential, so little used. What are those dudes telling us to beware, the brake run?

Worst: Adventure Express/Ninja (SFMM) (anything that goes right into the station from a lifthill)

Best: Raptor (nice helix and ive ridden it so many times ive learned to brace myself so the "car crash" isnt bad at all anymore)/Millennium Force (i love that overbanked turn right over the people in line)

The worst ending has to be the one of the Schweizer Bobbahn @ Europa Park. Just when you get a good speed, the train hits brakes and is slowed like really much. Then you get a very lame flat coaster track and then there are these long brakes again. Definately an anti-climax.

The best ending has to be the one of Silver Star. You still have alot of speed and that S-bend really throws you around like crazy. Then you hit these comfortable brakes that slow you down really fast withour being rough or anything. Definately B&M at it's best

Best- Superman: Ride of Steel- SFNE : Intense ejector-air in the front rows, but still great floater/ejector-air in the back.

Worst- Kingda Ka- GADV : Very fast and thrilling roller coaster, but with a very mild, ending bunny-hill, barely creating floater-air.

• 2 months later...

I haven't been on many coasters, but here are my results:

Best = Matterhorn @ Disneyland CA

Worst = Kong @ SFMW

I don't know why, but I really like Matterhorn's splashdown at the end. Not my favorite ride because of roughness, but a nice ending. Kong, however... as with all SLC's, a quick jerky brake run.

Best - Voyage

Worst - Great Bears is "meh" but I have to go with Mantis's figure 8's of doom.

Anyone who thinks Raptors ending is harsh obviously doesnt ride with their head back against the headrest. If you press your head back slightly, voila, no bang. Works everytime, doesnt matter if you are big or small.

Its when you sit there like a parapalegic or stick your head out that you create tension in your neck and put your neck in an End Range position which is bound to hurt anyways.

Best:Millenium Force-My first time on I was so pumped up the entire ride and then you come out of the second tunnel, and fly over that amazing airtime hill, and then have the turn over the line.

Top Thrill Dragster-Right at the bottom of the hill your so hyped up over what just happened it's insane.

Coney Island Cyclone-After the second to last turn, the small airtime hill that turns slightly at the same time, no seat dividers, you get whipped like crazy

Worst-Quantom loop-at Seabreeze. It's a fun and smooth ride, but the end is just boring, and you hit the brakes way early, and then just go really slow all the way back to the station

Superman: Ultimate Flight's ending sucks. The ride should just end after the pretzel loop. Oh wait! Then it wouldn't be long enough HAHA!

Viper's ending is pretty neat... well... two years ago it was. Now the train goes through the final turn MEGA slow.

I want to update my answer! I still think that Adventure Express has a lame ending, but I wanna add in Ninja at SFMM too, since it has the same "lift hill then coast for 5 feet to the station" ending.

And my favorite ending is now Rampage at Alabama Adventures! The brake run is pretty far from the station, then you hit this little downhill curve, where you pick up some decent speed, then hit more brakes on the downhill portion of the track. Nice.

-Julie

Best:

Goliath, WW. Three amazing airtime hills, followed by the ground-hugging S-Bend.

Everest. Yeti. 'Nuff said.

Vampire's clsoe to the ground swing-fest is one of the highlights of the ride.

Worst:

Corkscrew, Alton Towers. Pointless trip around the whole ride.

Montu's is quite bad after the MCBR.

The Ultimate's 'monorail' section is disappointing compared to the insanity of the rest of it.

i dont get why some people think Great Bears ending is bad. Look at how they placed the ride in the park, its incredible. For the room they had, i think it is solid.

A bad ending for me was Montu. It seemed to drag on a little after the upward helix. This was a big let down.

A good ending for me is Storm Runner. Its like holy crap! 1,000 mph! and then a smooth halt on the brakes. good stuff.