TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there should be a thread called "Lift Hill Endings" for those kinds of coasters.

Like Adventure Express in KI and Ninja in MM. Are there any others that end like this?

Or are these the only two in the U.S?

Maybe there should be a thread called "Lift Hill Endings" for those kinds of coasters.

Like Adventure Express in KI and Ninja in MM. Are there any others that end like this?

Or are these the only two in the U.S?

Knoebels' Flying Turns does that, but to be fair, it's a really tiny lift, and it's after what most people would expect to be the final brake run, after going through a storage section and everything.

Great Ending... Lightning Runs ending of quick turns into amazing bunny hills.

Bad Ending.. Intimidator at Carowinds. Worst hyper coaster ending ever. Gatekeeper isn't far behind. Useless slow meandering helix.

Might be unpopular for saying this, but I'm going to vote Wild Eagle for lame ending. Could just be the chilly December day we visited Dollywood, but Wild Eagle started out fun and swooping, and then ended boring and slow. Like we're the types to go "WOO!" on almost all coasters, but by the end of Wild Eagle, we were totally bored and silent.

I won't repeat a lot of the ones already said for awesome endings.

I actually like the ending of Adventure Express. The reason is that first time riders who do not know any better are expecting a big drop after climbing the lift. Surprising riders should be one of the hallmarks of any coaster. You just know you are in for something wild and then BAM! You are at the end of the ride. It certainly is a memorable ending for the ride even if it doesn't actually do anything.

I don't think many people would think of this off the top of their considering relative the rest of the coaster it's really not surprising at all, but wtf does SFA's Apocalypse/Iron Wolf do the last 500 feet of track? It's going a good 21mph and turns around once or twice, then 150 feet of straight track at 15mph leading into the unnecessarily long brake run. It's quite exciting.

Best: NTaG's airtime tunnels, Maverick's double twisty (stengel dives?), Outlaw Run's double barrel roll, or Diamondback's splashdown

Also really good: The Boss's unbanked helix, The Voyage's spaghetti bowl, Millennium Force's final overbank/really fast straight track section, Iron Rattler's yank of laterals + airtime, and Raptor's helix

Worst: Switchback @ ZDT's entire backwards section or Gatekeeper's brake run -> helix -> brake run combo

SFA's Apocalypse/Iron Wolf do the last 500 feet of track? It's going a good 21mph and turns around once or twice, then 150 feet of straight track at 15mph leading into the unnecessarily long brake run. It's quite exciting.

Regarding the straight track/brake run, when it was at SFGAm it crossed over the employee service road that goes through the park, so there really wasn't room for any more elements

ironwolfserviceroad.png.04f27c6130651ba98d4d930dfba06b08.png

Worst: Switchback @ ZDT's entire backwards section

Don't get me wrong, the ride is in my top 10 even after riding some of the most awesome coasters in the country, but the ride pretty much ends after it starts falling backwards on that spike.