TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: This ending isn't too thrilling, but I really enjoy the tunnel finale for SuperDooperLooper, it's just really fun. I also really enjoy the finale of. I also enjoy the way Montu ends because it's a lot of going through tunnels/arches. I just have a thing for going through walls/arches/and tunnels.

Lamest: Jeez. All I know is Anaconda at Kings Dominion's finale would be good if it wasn't for that dreaded coat hanger transition. Also if Gringott's is a coaster, it was fun, but I was disappointed by the way it end's. Nothing really spectacular. The signature coaster at Freestyle Music Park, although I forget it's name, god the whole ride was dull but it's ending just wasn't memorable. Like I don't even remember half of it. It was fun, but nothing really stood out.

God the whole ride was dull but it's ending just wasn't memorable. Like I don't even remember half of it. It was fun, but nothing really stood out.

You just described almost every coaster B&M has done in 13 years.

Cough Cough Intimidatior Cough Cough

Best: Tatsu's pretzel loop by far. I loved how they saved the best element for towards the end.

Worst: Big Thunder Mountain's ending is rather short and not very intense, especially when compared to the rest of the ride. In addition, the epic final lift hill and the pre-drop make you feel like the ride is going to have an epic finale and raise the expectations for the ending.

Best: Millennium Force after you come out of the tunnel... I love flying past the station and queue and going into the bank turn Also Griffon after the final drop And lastly Talon, the corkscrew into the low to ground turn just gets to me

Worst: Hydra... i understand that they didnt really wanna use the any of the land down by the lake, but after the cobra roll, its a sleeper. And also Volcano, the blast coaster thought it was blah after the launch out of the top.

• 8 months later...

Some great coaster finales:

Phantoms Revenge's bunnyhops

El Toro's twister section

Magnum XL's bunnyhops

Talon's final flatspin/turn

Runaway Mine Train (Great Adv) bunnyhops

Maverick's entire final run after the 2nd launch

Millennium Force's hop next to the station/final turn

Apollos Chariot's final drop before the brake run

Great White (Mroeys) final drop before the brake run

Storm Runner's flying snake dive/trick track

Without even reading the responses (though I probably made one of them a few years ago that I forgot about) they might as well call this the official Adventure Express hate parade thread.

...But seriously, WTF is with that second lift hill right into the station?

Some Great Endings

El Toro's ejector hill and S-surves

Thunderbolt's big drop into that ravine

Diamondback's floater hill into the splashdown

Fury 325's two hills that gave me solid ejector air on a B&M

Fahrenheit's ejector hill into a high-G turn

Phoenix's rapid hops, which might be the best of them all

For the best ending I would think the last cork screw on Kumba was pretty awesome. It caught me off by surprise and was a lot of fun. I havent been on as many coasters as many others here so my choices will be a little more limited.

For lamest I'd have to go with Adventure Express at Kings Island. That ride as a whole is lame sauce!! When we climbed up that last lift hill i think FINALLY there would be an ACTUAL drop! Nope! It was only back to the station! Then again I was never really a fan of coasters that lacked both real drops and inversions. Just twisty track is boring to me.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Adventure Express is most likely the best coaster ending ever. It is probably the only coaster that 100 years from now everyone will still be talking and arguing about. I can just imagine the designers of this ride just laughing their arses off at the reaction of riders to the ending. They knew it would be something talked about till, well, forever. They really did create an epic ending. ( side note, It is the lamest most bizarre ending ever to me, but you have to admit, there is no ending like it)

^ This and Ninja suspended coaster at Magic Mountain, for the lamest ending.

I mean, any coaster that has a lift hill back to it's station is kind of anti-climactic, yes? No?

One of the Best Endings I've enjoyed is at Farup Sommerland in Denmark: Oraken, a family

suspended coaster that races through it's short circuit, but ends with a kind of "double down",

through a mist curtain, then it whips to the right and...you're back at the station! I loved that.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Best Ending- Adventure Express

Lamest Ending- Adventure Express

The ending is so dumbfoundingly bad that it is awesome much like Tommy Wiseau's The Room.

I'm a huge fan of airtime, so Fury 325, Phoenix, and Magnum particularly stand-out.

Best Ending- Adventure Express

Lamest Ending- Adventure Express

It's the worst ending when you're disappointed for your first time, not knowing what's coming.

It's the best ending for watching friends' reactions.

I think one of the reasons Adventure Expresses ending is so disappointing is because the coaster as a whole is disappointing as it is. I was wanting some good ol' actual drops! When we climbed the last lift hill I thought thats what I was getting but nope! Coasters that only have twisty track and very shallow curved drips arnt really that fun,period. Heck its a lot more fun to wait for a super snowy day,go to Toys R Us or Wal-Mart buy,go to the nearest hill and go sledding.

As far as mine trains go, it's one of the better ones out there. It's relatively smooth and has a long, expansive layout. Granted I'm also used to Hershey's Trailblazer and Great Escape's Canyon Blaster. However, none of them have the Picasso of coaster endings. You look at it saying WTF but appreciate it.

SFDK Joker: some of the best airtime is at the end of the ride, good pacing all the way to the brakes.

Silverwood - Tremors: tunnels and airtime at the end of the ride

Silverwood - Aftershock: going back up the first spike with the lift motor, easy to be fooled into thinking a second round through the course is starting

CGA - Flight Deck: corkscrew and spiral is an intense end to the ride

SFMM - Twisted Colossus: I think the second round (green) is even better than the first round (blue).

Kentucky Kingdom - Lightning Run: the final bunny hops are crazy, in a good way.

Holiday Whirrled - Raven: I like the finale through the forest, my favorite part of the ride.

Kings Dominion - i305: the final "twist" before the brakes is the most intense twist.

^ This and Ninja suspended coaster at Magic Mountain, for the lamest ending.

I mean, any coaster that has a lift hill back to it's station is kind of anti-climactic, yes? No?

Agreed. Ninja was fantastic, but that long, slow lift felt more like a chore.

If you need a lift hill at the end, look at Thunderation or Powder Keg for how to do it right.

As far as mine trains go, it's one of the better ones out there. It's relatively smooth and has a long, expansive layout. Granted I'm also used to Hershey's Trailblazer and Great Escape's Canyon Blaster. However, none of them have the Picasso of coaster endings. You look at it saying WTF but appreciate it.

I'm a big Adventure Express fan. The ending is really stupid, but the ride as a whole is one of the better mine trains.