TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Best: Kraken. I really loved the tunnel section followed by the corkscrew. They are relatively forceful moments considering that they are right near the end.

Lamest: Spongebob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge. I like this ride as a whole, but it seems like the only purpose of the post-MCBR track is to get the train back to the station.

Best: Outlaw Run! The two zero-g rolls into the brake run are amazing!!!

Lamest: Any SLC. Rough inline twist after rough inline twist, followed by a really rough downwards right turn, followed by an upwards right turn into a hard stop. No thanks.

Best:

-Silver Bullet. A nice, forceful helix leading in to the final brakes. Disorienting and fun.

-Diamondback. Love the splashdown/final hill.

-Banshee. The inline twist is very unique and cool, and the helix is quick and fun too.

-Maverick. The Stengel Dive/airtime hill combo is a fantastic ending to an already great ride.

Worst:

-Adventure Express. Cool lift hill with fun theming that ends with a right turn in to the station.

-Millennium Force. The straightaway before the final banked curve kind of ruins the pacing for me.

-GateKeeper. I really enjoyed the ride for the inversions and keyholes, but the section after the MCBR is uninteresting and weak.

-Coast Rider. The last curve is quite slow, so the final brakes felt pretty unnecessary. Some small bunny hills leading in to it would have been more fun (like most of the normal wild mouse coasters).

Worst:

Mindbender, Galaxyland, West Edmonton Mall: Absolutely amazing ride, pulling over 5G multiple times, packing in some good laterals and the occasional pop of air here and there, all to end with... You guessed it, a straight bit, a forceless helix, and... Wait for it... Another straight bit!

Best:

Skyrider, Canada's Wonderland: 3 pops of absolutely amazing standup ejector airtime that catapults you off the floor (it doesn't hurt if you adjust the seat right!).

R.I.P. Skyrider... A little piece of me died an excruciatingly painful and gory death when I heard this ride was closing next month

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Iron Rattler, the cliff-drop/tunnel/whip-into-the-brake-run combo is loads of fun. Of course those who just went on the TPR trip would have no way no of knowing that unfortunately.

Well, **** you too.

Seriously, though, the best ending IMO is either Bizarro @ SFNE (centrifuge-tunnel-airtime) or Outlaw Run.

Worst? Probably Corkscrew @ Cedar Point. It really felt like they could have added a helix.

Worst: Raptor's horrible snap onto the brake run.

I actually thought the snap was a "nice touch" to finish the ride.

Best:

Talon

I quite liked this one too. The turn after the corkscrew is very forceful and those moments of air before you hit the brakes are really nice.

I obviously have to mention great bear for the worst endings. They could have added another corkscrew or a helix.

Best- Vekoma SLC. There is no greater feeling than having to leave that train.

Worst- Coney Island Cyclone. I hate when I have to get out.

But in all seriousness here are my best and worst.

Best- Phoenix airtime hills, Skyrush final airtime hill, Flight Deck corkscrew and helix over the water, Yolocoaster

Lamest- Thunderhawk- That ride would have so much potential if it wasn't for that trim.

Best: Space Mountain Mission 2 - Disneyland Paris - I think even those roughed up by the ride would agree that the spinning red lights tunnel is a great way to draw a dark coaster to a close

Worst: Rattlesnake - Chessington World of Adventures - those brakes on an downhill slope are gut destroying.

Best: Outlaw Run. The two barrel rolls look the same but are very different. On the first one you are going somewhat quickly, but on the second one you are going significantly slower meaning lots of awesome hang time.

Runner up for best: Kraken at SeaWorld Orlando. The beginning of the ride was disappointing and had a bit of a rattle, but the ending through the ditches and tunnels was pretty awesome. Wish the whole ride was like that.

Second runner up is the Gerstlauer spinning coasters: These coasters in general are underrated. For a family ride, they definitely have decent airtime and positive G forces. The bunny hop into the final helix is the best part of the ride, though.

Worst: Adventure Express.

Best: Apollo's Chariot has a completely out-of-the-blue dip right before the brakes. Anything with a decent helix or a couple of bunny hops is also pretty good in my book.

Worst: I might have to say YOLOcoaster...great ride, and though the top hat has nice air, the brakes on the descent are a total buzzkill.

Best:

YOLOcoaster- The final drop was the best part of the ride and I didn't mind the brakes.

Silver Bullet- The final helix is the most forceful part of the ride.

Dragon Challenge (Fireball)- The final corkscrew of the ride really took me by surprise.

Worst:

Scream!- At some moments, I find the final snap into the brakes rougher than any moment on Viper.

Manhattan Express- The helix and final hill didn't feel good on my neck and shoulders.

Green Lantern: First Flight- Worst final brakes on any roller coaster that I have ridden.