TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

The best coaster ending by far is the airtime hills on Magnum before the final brake run. It provides insane airtime. The Beast's helix ending is good too. At SFGAm, the figure-8 ending to Raging Bull is probably the best part of the ride IMO, and on American Eagle if you're sitting in the back, you can't see the final helix coming, so that's always fun. Finally, at BGW, Apollo's Chariot's airtime hills have great airtime if you sit in the back, and Verbolten's drop towards the lake followed by the turns and airtime hill is an amazing finale to a great ride.

The worst coaster endings are Adventure Express at King's Island because it's just a lift hill and any coaster with a water finale, because even though it looks great, if you're riding the coaster you don't really notice it (at least I didn't).

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST: Tonnerre de Zeus when it had its abrupt stop in the final brake run. (unfortunately weaker now) I also really loved the Schwarzie shuttle loops. Raptor is excellent too.

WORST: I'd have to agree with the above post on Great Bear. And Alpengheist is just meh too.

Top Anticlimactic coasters:

- The Superman flying coasters, slow low-to-the-ground overbanks put me to sleep.

- SFMM Ninja, there's enough time to do a post mortem with your friend of how the ride went and plan out the rest of your day during that lift.

- Mummy USH, The backwards part is pretty slow and uninteresting.

Best Endings:

- The Throttle, back when they released the rendering, I was 100% sure this was going to end up on the list above. Thankfully, surprises happen sometimes. The air coming into those brakes is pretty amazing.

- Tatsu, Love how high up that Helix is. Such a great view of the park.

- Top Gun CGA, nuff said.

I may have said it in an earlier post, but...

To me still, The Ultimate in Lightwater Valley

has the lamest ending AND the not-so-great beginning

of all the coasters I have now ridden, around the world.

It starts out (too) slow and (too)steady on this massive

not-so-high hill, then hits the ground running...and running

and running in a pretty straight direction, and on the

ground. Then it manages speed to climb up a half turn-around...

And this is when the coaster goes nuts and is actually (to me)

the best part of it's whole circuit. But after you've been thrown here

and there through out the forest - you come out of it...

And it - ta - kes - for - e - ver to get back to the station.

I am bored already, telling you this.

Sorry LV. It's still not that great to me.

Back to you later on the Best Ending.

Adventure Express at KI is by far the worst ending. A lift hill right back into the station?

I really like Talon and Millennium Force's endings. On Talon you get some nice air going into the brake run, and I really like MF's overbank turn going into the brakes.

^Ninja's is bad, but Adventure Express is just deceptive. Lift hill through a highly themed tunnel to get you ready for a drop which never comes...

Beast's ending is the best I've seen on a woodie. Magnum's airtime hills had me almost flying out of the seat. Flight Deck's helix-over-water is a winner. But Loch Ness Monster's triple-helix-in-the-dark-then-loop-through-another-loop is the most memorable for me. It's like it's not even an Arrow!

Right now, I'd say my favorite ending would be the bunny hills on magnum (ok, not quite the end but close enough). Worst imo would be the defunct Wildcat at Cedar Point. Loved the ride but didn't always remember to do the old dual straight-arm before the last breaks (ouch).

Best Ending - Thunderbolt, Phantom's Revenge, Raptor

Worst ending - definitely Adventure express, no explanation needed. I also am not a fan of the ending of Sky Rocket. I really liked the coaster but I think the back and forth turns near the end just make it lame, plus I didn't get much airtime on little bunny hills

Best is definitely Boulder Dash. It's still carrying absolutely insane speed over those last few hills, and you get some really amazing ejector air. Every moment of BD is incredible, though.

Worst that I've been on, probably Leviathan. That crazy long brake run just feels like such a waste.

Best:

Phoenix - A great set of 4 stand up airtime hills

Magnum - The most crap-your-pants style airtime hills!

Nitro/Goliath SFOG - Great returning airtime hills

Raptor/Silver Bullet - I like those ending Helices

Top Gun CGA - Amazing ending (Also amazing ride in general)

Worst:

Mummy USH

Volcano

Worst:

Adventure Express - a lot of work went into that theming with very, very little return.

Best:

The Beast

..and yes I have to been to many other parks, not just KI.

Just Remembered - Kumba's ending is rather awesome too

Edited by SteveStL

My worst is Thunderation at SDC... Back to the lift hill into the station.

Best porbably back to SDC for Outlaw Run The double barrel roll is pretty cool and you are moving fast enough its not incredibly painful. Also like splashdown on Diamondback and Griffon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've never ridden it so I can't give an opinion, but about 1,000 people have mentioned the ending to Adventure Express, and after watching the POV I don't honestly see why it's *that* bad. Sure it's a lift hill, but it's got theming and animatronics that give the "adventure" the name promises. It seems like a nice surprise for kids (who the ride is aimed at), and sure is a heck of a lot better than just a plain lift hill like they could have left it. Is there anyone who's been on it who doesn't think it sucks so bad?

^ It's the theming that honestly sets it up for a bad ending. Since this part of the ride is so well done (theming-wise), you'd assume that a nice drop or two would be after it, but nope, just a brake run. I do understand your point, but it is still a very lame ending.

For a lame ending, Mummy at the USF (A cheesy line by Branden, really?).

For FANTASTIC endings (and no bias here), The Raven, Voyage, Big Bad Wolf (RIP), Maverick, and Raptor.

I agree. Adventure Express has a disappointing ending. I also think The Legend at Holiday World starts off much stronger than it ends. As for the best ending, I think Mystery Mine at Dollywood ranks fairly high.

Best-Thunderbolt at Kennywood

Worst-Mummy at USH. Really? After the fun backwards section you become surrounded in fog to where you can't see anything, then BAM, the bright light. For a first time rider, it was awesome and had me wondering "Crap, what's going to happen next!" until the wall raises up and you are back in the station. Really USH?