TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

I don't know about best ending, but I'd definitely give the lamest ending to Adventure Express at Kings Island. I remember the first time I rode it, I didn't know much of anything about it. When it got to that big, enclosed lift hill, that is so nicely themed, I was so pumped for what was going to come next, then it just rolled back into the station at the top of the lift, haha! What a disappointment that was!

Same here. number 1 on my lame endings list.

Lame:

1. Adventure Express

2. El Diablo Tren de la Mina

Best:

1. Goliath(Walibi Holland), 3 bunny hops, and one final speed turn just before the brakes!

2. Eurosat, full speed into the brakes...

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best

Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) The whole ride is great but the ending is amazing! ERT on Northeast Trip could have added to it also!

Worst

Great Bear (Hersheypark) I know it was most likely the area it was built but still ends badly.

Excalibur (Funtown/Splashtown) The first half is great in my opinion, then you hit that one part towards the end and it completely slows down.

Kingka Ka (Six Flags Great Adventure) - That coaster is going so fast it could go to the other side of the park and back adding loops, corkscrews, tight turns... etc.

Uh...

The GP have infiltrated the site, I hope Robb & Elissa have some kind of contingency plan for this.

Best ending:

Raptor...I love that car accident sensation.

Phantom's Revenge.

Vortex @ CW.

Worst:

Expedition Everest. Fun ride, but aside from the Yeti, it just felt underwhelming.

Kingka Ka (Six Flags Great Adventure) - That coaster is going so fast it could go to the other side of the park and back adding loops, corkscrews, tight turns... etc.

Uh...

The GP have infiltrated the site, I hope Robb & Elissa have some kind of contingency plan for this.

Best ending:

Raptor...I love that car accident sensation.

Phantom's Revenge.

Vortex @ CW.

Worst:

Expedition Everest. Fun ride, but aside from the Yeti, it just felt underwhelming.

Ok, I take back what I said about it. I was not thinking. I just wish it had some more bunny hills or something.

Best: Boulder Dash - Those bunny hops are just insane

Worst: Backlot Stunt Coaster - The idea is cool, but the execution was poor and the water part disappointed me because I actually thought you'd get wet.

Best: Space Mountain DL-I love how, unlike most rides, it just keeps getting faster and faster until the brakes. The last few turns are insane when experienced in the back row!

Desperado-Terrible ride, but I love the enclosed helix and the quick duck under the old monorail bridge.

Mystery Mine-Everything past the second lift is heavenly.

Flight Deck (CGA)-Dat helix. Goldrusher at SFMM for similar reasons.

Worst: Apocalypse-Textbook definition of how to craft a lame ending. Completely loses all of its steam and just meanders back to the station.

Mummy (USH)-Whoa, cool turntable element! I wonder what's...oh...nothing.

^ I agree Space Mountain at DL is up there on the list! Especially when Ghost Galaxy comes around and the ghost jumps at you after the photo spot.

Bizarro at SFNE is another favorite of mine, those two bunny hills and the banked turn before the brake still have a ton of speed.

Lamest ending would have to be Ninja at SFMM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best

Big Thunder Mountain at DLP. That drop under the lake seems to take forever! It literally feels like 200 feet, but it isn't. I don't know how the train doesn't accelerate to at least 60+ mph in that tunnel instead of 40.4.

Blue Fire at Europa Park (final roll): If you sit on the right side of the train, your seat will be yanked out from under you, producing some glorious ejector air. One of my favorite moments on any ride!

Flight Deck at CGA: That helix over the lake is just POWERFUL. I love it even though it grays me out sometimes.

Worst

Grizzly at CGA: Rough-ish turnaround, a hill with absolutely no airtime, flat turn with jackhammering, brakes! Lame...

Big Thunder Mountain at WDW: I rode this after my experience on DLP's version, and yeah...WTF?! Forceless turn with annoying vibrations in the train, short tunnel, fake splash with trims and...it's over?

Well despite how much I LOVE Silver Dollar City and Powder Keg the end of Powder Keg is a bit sad. That lift, dip, and curve seem pointless. I wish they would have just demolished the lift and added a extra airtime hill. But the first part of Powder Keg is still AMAZING!

As Far as best well I was always partial to Orient Express at Worlds Of Fun. Perhaps it's mainly me being sentimental but that last butterfly curve and two turns through the trees into the station were great! . . . . Speaking of this I really miss Orient Express! Am I the only one? Yes it was a little bit painful and a tad racist but it was fun!

Well almost all Disney rides end in helixes. I did them all in one day (Disney world) by the time we rode expedition everest and it did backwards helix, I had to grit my teeth to not cause a protein spill. I was sweating and hands all clammy. So for me the helix is overused in Disney. I like sheikras water brakes or slowing down part *shrugs* but I still have to go with intimidator being my favorite on everything then afterburn then manta in sea world Orlando. That was an experience.

• 7 months later...

^Agreed - Adventure express has a good and bad ending at once. YOU WILL PAYYYYYY!!!!... Welcome back riders!

Best - Magnum (EJECTOR AIRTIME)

Beast (though the train could use more of its momentum, its still unique)

Maverick - Speedy throughout the ride, launching midway through with the last element being a bunny hop

Lamest - Gatekeeper kinda seems like it crammed the inversions into the first part of the ride, but hopefully the helix and bunny hop are good.

Volcano - The largest drop is straight into the brakes.

Both - Raptor's intense finale helix (good) sends you into what was described earlier in this thread as a "car-crash" ending - not lame, just cruddy