TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best and Lamest Coaster "Ending"

Best Endings.

Nitro- Fun painless airtime

Millennium Force-great coaster,all around and the overbanked turn

over the quene really tops it off nicely and gives a preview for people still in line

Magnum-Same as Nitro but a bigger scale 8)

Boulderdash-the floater airtime along the lake and the trees is so cool.

Worst Endings...

Viper(defunct one) after the non-airtime hill,we get a steep turn into the station?

Wicked Twister-at least spin a bit on the last cycle

Hypersonic XLC-great launch,but come on, a minnuscle hill filled with brakes?

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best:

S:ROS @ SFA: Great airtime hills, the brake at the end is very short, and I always think I'm going to go crashing into the station.

Apollo's Chariot: The last dip is great.

Flight of Fear/ Joker's Jinx: The last corkscrew out of the steel knot is memorable.

Worst:

Great Bear: Just kind of meanders into the finish

Roar @ SFA: OUCH! This ride is crap, but the ending is the worst.

Best that I have experienced:

Apollo's Chariot - The final dip into the on ride photo is awesome

Alpengeist - Corkscrew + Helix = Sweet

Volcano - 80 Foot Curved Drop

Superman : Ride of Steel (SFA) - The last few hops go almost all the way into the station

Worst:

Great Bear - Great ride, too bad the ending is boring flat track

Mind Eraser - Its an SLC 'nuff said

Worst Endings:

Cyclone (SFNE)- Trimmed to hell before the last few turns

Great Bear- Boring turns, a random photo at the start of the brake run

Alpengeist- Last helix is weak

Best Endings:

Superman (SFNE)- 2 sharp ejector hills and a tight banked turn into forceful brakes

Boulderdash- Never lets up

Apollo's Chariot- Big hill into trench

WTF Endings:

Mantis- What the hell is that banked turn?

Raptor: Wee, wee, OUCH!

I don't really know if I have any "best" endings.

But worst:

-- Adventure Express. I love the rest of the ride.. and the lift hill itself is the best lift hill EVAR~! but.. the finale is just.. what the hell!

-- Vortex at PCW [Top Gun at PKI]'s super swing into horrible brakes. Ughhhh.

-- Great Bear's entire course was pretty lackluster [made worse because I had high hopes for it], but the ending was especially lame.

-- Volcano's "Let's drop down this huge hill and get wicked speed and then OOPS YOU'RE DONE" ending really, really sucked.

-- Storm Runner's ending was abrupt, way too early. I guess it sucked, just because it put an end to a ride that was shaping up to be excellent.

Another one for the worst:

Xcelerator ... Great ride, but it always seemed a shame to me to waste all of that speed.

Once you realize you're not going to die on the top hat, the rest of the ride does seem a little lame by comparison.

Best endings:

Goliath's centrifuge of helixy death.

Gold Rusher's final helix

i havn't been on too many coasters (That will change next year!) so while some coasters have stood out for having great endings, none have been very bad. but boomerang would win just because those breaks snap your neck like 3 times when heading back in.

Huh, interesting thread.

Well...

Best : Goliath @ SFMM / IMO the helix is the only "great" part of the ride.

Hurricane @ SCBW / Pretty forceful I thought.

Goldrusher @ SFMM / The ending helix is my favorite part of the entire ride. Something to look foward to during the rest.

Worst : X @ SFMM/ The last raven turn really is a headbanger.

_six

Huh, interesting thread.

Well...

Best : Goliath @ SFMM / IMO the helix is the only "great" part of the ride.

Hurricane @ SCBW / Pretty forceful I thought.

Goldrusher @ SFMM / The ending helix is my favorite part of the entire ride. Something to look foward to during the rest.

Worst : X @ SFMM/ The last raven turn really is a headbanger.

_six

Mmm.. yeah... but there's nothing like soaring over Bottled Water Splashdown and then going up a FREAKING LIFT HILL into the station. What a drag. I love going on it with first timers; they're always like, "WTF was that? Is this the end?" XD

Best:

Of all the coasters I have ridden (which isnt much) I would say the best ending used to be Wacky Soap Box Racers! I swear Im infatuated with that ride!!! Back when they had the fireworks factory effect working at night on the far left track. You come riding around that second to last left handed turn faster then the other tracks cuz its tighter, then once you fly into the factory the effects go off and you imediately fly over to make a fast right turn into the station! That turn builds up the suspense as you start going around it picking up speed!! R.I.P. WSBR

Worst: There is two I would like to mention

1. The POS that replaced WSBR the dreaded TOGO design Wind Jammer!! The very last left turn before the break run was passing out wiplashes like Jesus freaks passing out pamphlets in the streets!! Especially the red side!!!

Ya know come to think about it the WSBR was pretty violent on certain turns like the one I described but it never hurt! It was always fun without the pain!! 8)

2. NINJA NINJA NINJA!!!!!! SFMG (yes amanda and eveyone else I agree too on this one!! ) The ride kicks arse from begining to end until ya go up that lift hill at the very end. It messes with your mind big time thinkin there is gona be more rides but nope!!! Thats it!!!! Get off and have a pleasant stay at good ol SFMM

Best Endings:

PHOENIX- ejected out of your seat while flying into the turn back to the station; this ride feels like it could run another 1000 feet of track easily.

TOP GUN, PKI (Arrow Suspended)- Huge swing on the last turn into the brakes, feels past horizontal.

Worst Endings:

SKULL MOUNTAIN- SFGADV- I can't stand coasters where you are slowly transported back to the station with friction drives.

STORM RUNNER- Head bang right, head bang left, slow decline back to the station.

Worst?

Any coaster of any type-kind-style that ends with a lift hill! Nuff said, Adventure Express(PKI) and Ninja(MM) lovers, hmm?:wink:

Best?

The long, long, super speedy end tunnel of Big Thunder Railroad in Disneyland Paris. If they added more glow in the dark bats, then it would be Super Best! It just rocks thru the dark, for a good time, then roars up into the open space, and people immediately start clapping and yelling. Love it, every time I've ridden it.

The best endings:

Are for sure The Beast (SHUT UP you can't deny how wicked awesome that helix is!) and Magnum at CP (those bunny hills still make my stomach go into my throat every time I ride it!)!

Also, I know this isn't "technically" a ride but the ending to Poseidon's Fury is also a big winner with me

The worst ending:

hahahahahahahaAdventureExpresshahahahahaha.... oh wait, that endings not a supposed to be a joke? Because I certainly think it is! My other worst ending had to be Mission Space... but that's probably because everyone in my pod got sick :?

My worst ending ride would have to be Raptor. Dont get me wrong, its not that I dont like the ending 200 feet of the ride, its just the headbanging transition to the break run that kills me! My god what were they thinking!

Colin C

Maybe if you held your head back like the instructions say, you wouldnt get that headbang. Ive rode in nearly every seat since Ive tried that technique and nope, no headbanging. It only headbangs for those people who ride limp like theyve had a heart attack, or, like many other guests, like to stick their neck out. Why? I have no clue. You open yourself up for pulling or straining your neck and I dont care who you are, thats not fun.

Worst: Beast - the helix was nothing and we wasted ALL of that speed just to go up the lift hill so we could do this dumb double helix then immediatly end. wtf?

Best: Storm Runner - I have other rides that tie, but, I just love that switchback turn with the ejector air to finish.