TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR CHALLENGE: Village Gardens

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To see the other coasters, download the file!

I really liked your park! Mine is so dull and unoriginal...I like your custom rides like Ninja and Gladiator.

Now that I see everyone building mine trains, I should have built one. I was thinking about it, but I never did. I was also thinking of building a jet coaster (for a kiddie ride) over the water and a shuttle loop of some kind to have at least one inversion in the park. Unfortunately, I ran out of time for all of those. You can tell I ran out of time because of all of the empty fields. So in the end I threw in some mowers to at least make the empty space presentable.

Can't wait to see the others!

^^Wow! I never really thought it was that good! I honestly thought your theming immersion was far superior to mine! (Especially the western side)

Also, I am really glad someone liked Ninja! I really don't know how to describe that thing. It's like an outdoor Space Mountain meets a jet coaster. Originally, a Schwarzkopf wildcat was supposed to be installed in the western area, but this turned out to be too rough for guests' taste, and was replaced with a powered mine train. Meanwhile, to satisfy the need for a wild-mouse style ride, Ninja was built.

Oh, and I wouldn't feel too bad for not having a mine train. Bergsprung is better than 99.9% of the mine trains out there!

^Glad you liked Bergsprung...took about 3 or 4 years to save up and construct (construction was spread out over those years as was the saving). I was building it piece-by-piece while adding other attractions. Was quite hard to not get in the red like that, especially when during all that construction, Bergsprung was never open to reap the benefits until far later. Unfortunately, I spent more time into that ride than my others, so other areas are lacking. Blue Sky Basin is definitely the most well-developed area, followed by the Botanical Gardens.

^Thanks, but it really wasn't hard to get that much. If you haven't downloaded my park (if you can, I recommend it), there are many things you don't see in the overview. Remember the billboard on the previous page? It's actually in my park ! Prince Desmond opened his own circus, and all proceeds go to his big dipper fund. Also, in the far right corner, there's a Giovonola coaster hidden in the woods!

WARNING! There's less than a week left! Get your entries submitted to the game exchange by close of business on Monday 14 November!

CrazyParkManager wants to have all the entries in one place so he can take a look at them when he gets back from IAAPA.

Here's my entry. First time uploading a park so let's hope I did this right! http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2474

Overview.BMP

Overview

Garden Grove.BMP

Garden Grove - A quiet corner of the park featuring a spiral slide, carousel and car ride.

Boomtown.BMP

Boomtown - Experience the rapid growth of this town during the mining era while you take on two coasters, two water rides, a wild simulator, and the best food the west has to offer.

Blue Bay Harbor.BMP

Blue Bay Harbor - Blue Bay Harbor and Fiesta Boardwalk feature your favorite rides, all on the waterfront. Three coasters and three flat rides make this boardwalk paradise the place to be.

Southwest Territory.BMP

Southwest Territory - Take a trip down south, way down south, and experience fast paced go karts, two spinning flat rides, a crazy kiddie coaster, and get soaked on the parks only water coaster.

Here is my park.

I attached a few screenshots.

Screenshot 1.BMP

Final Product

Schwarzkopf Summit.BMP

The Mountain Area is called Schwarzkopf Summit. It features a snow capped peak and rides that snake through the forest.

Village Gardens Public Works Area.BMP

This area is home to "The Farm" and the Village Gardens public works, where several "Irrigation" channels wind among the plants.

Dark Forest.BMP

The other Forest

Finish Challange.BMP

Oh yeah, I beat the Challenge at some point

Park Download link here.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/track.php?id=2475

Well, I guess I'm out of this one. Could not get my entry finished in time tonight as a result of so much school work. Even if I could have completed it, I was not too keen on entering cause I feel its not that good. Anyway, here are the only (in my opinion) worthwhile parts of the park. In fact, these pics are mediocre I think, but thats the best this park had to offer.

Any idea when the next challenge for RCT2 will be? (hopefully Christmas time)

SCR1.BMP

Colt, a B&M coaster going through a tunnel over its own queue

SCR2.BMP

Essentially, the focal point of the park. obviously, really unfinished but I just like the trains effect on the area

Any idea when the next challenge for RCT2 will be? (hopefully Christmas time)

It's a safe bet that most of our challenges will be during times when there are breaks from school, so we get more participants.

That being said, we'll still be offering up smaller ones from time to time too. So keep your eyes peeled!

Yes, I can confirm that CrazyParkManager did talk to me briefly at IAAPA about some crazy coaster idea - then proceeded to immediately get a free sample of Dippin' Dots in fear of them declaring bankruptcy. I didn't see him any time after that.

• 3 weeks later...