TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Kingdom Resort [RCT2]

I love this park so much! Its so interesting. I can't wait until the next update!

Thanks for the compliment - It really means a lot

Looks great! Ye asked for some criticism and ye are gonna get it.

I personally feel the the rapids is a tad compact, you need to either reduce the number of trams or space them out a little (by using the wait for ___ minutes option, as well as enabling the 'leave when another train arrives' option ) to avoid having them scrunch up at each station. As before, avoid having your facades appear like giant boxes, vary the front 'roofs' and avoid overusing the tan/beige wall set. Other than that, I don't really see much problems. Keep up the work! ^^

Thanks for the criticism. I've tried to vary the facades more mainly in the British Isles ( I'm not to worried for the facades in America - That land will be re-done soon anyway ) I'll also see what I can do about the trams.

{[( Trip - Report - Part 1 )]}

This update is going to be a tad different than the others. Instead of the usual construction update etc. I will show you the park from a guests point of view. I know I could've done better things on my day off, but...

Anyway, I've tried to make the best of the time by sharing with you my experiences from visiting the park with my family as ordinary guests.

First up is something which any guests need - the ticket price list.

--

Adventure Kingdom Ticket Prices -

-Day prices-

*1 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 15.00

Child - 13.00

Toddler - 2.00

O.A.P - 8.00

Family Ticket - 25.00

Group - 60.00

Child ticket apply to those age 15 or under. Any guest over this age will be classed as an adult. Toddler ticket will be addressed to those age 3 or under.

Family tickets apply to a family or two children and two adults. Any person/s accompanying the entitled guests will have to pay full ticket price.

Group tickets apply to group of 6 persons. Any person/s accompanying the entitled guests will have to pay full ticket price.

*2 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 28.00

Child - 24.00

Toddler - 4.00

O.A.P - 15.00

Family Ticket - 50.00

Group - 120.00

Child ticket apply to those age 15 or under. Any guest over this age will be classed as an adult. Toddler ticket will be addressed to those age 3 or under.

Family tickets apply to a family or two children and two adults. Any person/s accompanying the entitled guests will have to pay full ticket price.

Group tickets apply to group of 6 persons. Any person/s accompanying the entitled guests will have to pay full ticket price.

-Holiday Packages-

For all holiday packages, please go online to our website or ask at the reception of the Adventure Springs Hotel and Spa for details.

-Park Offers-

*Welcome cards : Visit the park again in the next week or month for a discounted price. Tickets can be purchased on entry or departure from the park.

-Week Cards :

Adult - 20.00

Child - 18.00

Toddler - 3.00

O.A.P - 13.00

Family Ticket - 40.00

Group - 100.00

-Month Cards :

Adult - 25.00

Child - 20.00

Toddler - 4.00

O.A.P - 16.00

Family Ticket - 45.00

Group - 110.00

*Adventure Passes - Once purchased, an Adventure Pass will entitle you free entry for the whole year into the park.

-Adventure Pass : This card allows free entry to the park for 12 months as well an entry for all events.

Adult - 200.00

Child - 150.00

Toddler - 50.00

O.A.P - 80.00

-Adventure Pass Gold : This card allows free entry to the park for 12 months, gives entry to all events and allows discounts on food and drink within the park or hotel.

Adult - 250.00

Child - 200.00

Toddler - 80.00

O.A.P - 120.00

-Adventure Pass Platinum : This card allows free entry to the park for 12 months, gives entry to all events, gives a bigger discount to food and drink within the park or hotel and gives discounts for tours and fast-track.

Adult - 300.00

Child - 250.00

Toddler - 120.00

O.A.P - 150.00

For more information on Adventure Kingdom prices, please ask at information centers in the park and at the hotel, phone or e-mail us or visit our website.

-----

Phew. Now that that's over with how about some pictures from the day?

We arrived just after opening time ( 10:00 ) to cloud and rain. The park was still surprisingly busy despite the weather, however, and the queue time information boards showed quite long lines already.

As it was raining, we decided to have a look around the shops and restaurants in the British Isles. They had some very good deals and items.

The Adventure Emporium is your perfect shop if you like over-priced merchandise!

As the sky cleared, we hoped onto Tram Transit and traveled to Russia to ride the two newest attractions at the park - Dominator and Raging Rapids.

The land was still quite quiet so we made good use of the short lines.

Dominator was first...

...and Raging Rapids came after. For a compact ride you get very wet.

We did, however, skip this one, partially due to a 20 minute wait...

Part 2 will be posted soon.

Edited by CoasterRider245

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking park! Some of the buildings are done well with the facades although a few do look too box-like. Is there any way we can see inside some of the buildings?

Thanks for the comment! I'll see what I can do about the buildings but a few I'd rather not show...

{[( Trip Report - Part 2)]}

Continuing on...

We had lunch in Cafe Italiano. All they practically serve in here is pasta, pizza and salad and they do a buffet style promotion during the hours of 11-2.

The gardens around Swan Boats really make this area feel bright and alive.

Chariot Race, the first coaster built in the park, was another ride on our list. It's slow, short but when the queue isn't 40 minutes long it makes a good ride.

We then headed over to America. With one ride and only a couple of shops it isn't the largest land in Adventure Kingdom but let's just say we might not have to worry about that for much longer...

The decent buildings in the land adjacent to the clearly artificial beach.

-----------------

Nice work! I have a few tidbits however. You shouldn't overuse those one-color beige walls, and maybe you should ttry not to use that green pathway. If you were to use it, change the texture under the paths to the rocky. You should try doing that to all the paths -- it gives it tthat "finished" look. Other than that, nice park! Try submitting it to NE later, I bet it could scoop up a bronze!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work! I have a few tidbits however. You shouldn't overuse those one-color beige walls, and maybe you should ttry not to use that green pathway. If you were to use it, change the texture under the paths to the rocky. You should try doing that to all the paths -- it gives it tthat "finished" look. Other than that, nice park! Try submitting it to NE later, I bet it could scoop up a bronze!

Thanks for the suggestions. The green paths are no longer there and I've started to fix the texture.

I really love your park. I also love Dominator and Raging Rapids, but could you show us the layout of Raging Rapids. Other then that keep up the good work.

Thanks! I'll see what I can do but it's a big mess of track inside the hill

{[(Update)]}

The American area of the park has had a big re-vamp. In fact, it hasn't got anything to do with America at all.

The quater of the park is now based on the natural world and the environment. This is a surprising turnout after country themed lands in the past, but plans for the future may say different anyway.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Overview:

Comment/critism welcome

CoasterRider245

Not bad, liking the remodeled ambiguous land (what is the ride that the queue leads into in the second pic?). I could see potential for expansion here. However, I personally feel that having the purple coaster as a centerpiece just seems a bit.... random.

Nevertheless keep it up and looking forward to seeing the next update!

Not bad, liking the remodeled ambiguous land (what is the ride that the queue leads into in the second pic?). I could see potential for expansion here. However, I personally feel that having the purple coaster as a centerpiece just seems a bit.... random.

Nevertheless keep it up and looking forward to seeing the next update!

Thanks! I basically just had a large space of land left and thought a large purple, random coaster would fit. And in answer to your question, it's a 4D cinema.

LOVING THIS FREAKING PARK! I really like Dominator and the Raging Rapids. I also like the conversion of the park sections. Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

{[(Update)]}

Today the board of Adventure Kingdom publicly released their 10 year plan for the development of the park. Main topics were for better accommodation to be introduced as well as better parking and the possibility of a second park to be built in the resort in the next couple of years.

In other news, lemonade stands have been appearing around the park. With one in Port Roma and one in Russia, they are great for a hot day at AK.

More soon

This park is the best NCS works of this week! Great job!

Thanks!

{[(Update - Adventure Kingdom Resort)]}

Adventure Kingdom is proud to have a slight name change into a resort. With the construction of two accommodation sites and plans for a new park, we can expect a lot of changes happening soon.

Firstly , the park(s) are having name changes. The old AD park is becoming Discovery Kingdom Park and the new par kin development is becoming Adventure Kingdom Park. So, in short, the old park has a new name and the new park has an old name.

Also, to make transportation around the resort easier, a new plaza and monorail have been erected. The plaza has an entrance to both parks as well as a monorail station which will transport guests to the hotels and car parks once the resort has officially opened.

Discovery Kingdom's entrance

Adventure Kingdom's entrance

The rather odd-looking monorail station

In other news, the dark ride located in Port Roma has had a major decrease in riders over the past few weeks.The resort board is unsure about the future of the ride.

Until next time

Nice updates, I am really looking forward to the new park.

Thanks! I am too

I think its time for the park to receive a GCI woodie or an out n back.

Those are the things I have in mind. With the new park I want to build taller, bigger and make more thrilling rides.

Not really an update but I just want to know what you all think.

What do you think should be Adventure Kingdom's 'centerpiece' ride?

a. Carousel

b. Ferris Wheel

c. Observation Tower

I put inverted commas around centerpiece because it isn't going to be in the center of the park, more like the center of the opening land. The ride will have it's own island and will be the first ride guests see upon entering the park.

Please tell me what you think!

CoasterRider245

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I feel that a "carousel" would be a MUCH better centerpiece than a Ferris wheel or a observation tower. Of course, if the carousel would be an effective and good looking centerpiece, it would need a building.

Thanks for the input! I've decided on the carousel and I'm now working on a building for it.

{[(Update)]}

Coaster Plans Confirmed

Adventure Kingdom's Resort today confirmed plans for a new coaster in Discovery Kingdom Park. The plans hint that the new coaster may include a launch and may reside in the Russia area of the park which is expected to have a re-theme.

The new coaster is expected to open along with the resort's second park, Adventure Kingdom Park.

More soon

• 2 weeks later...

{[(Update)]}

It's been a while but work is continuing with the new park as well as some other projects. The resort now has an updated ticket price list, plans have been unveiled and construction on a new land has started. Adventure Kingdom is currently set to have 5 themed lands for it's phase 1 stage. Lands to look out for include Sector 1.243 and Mexicana. is Let's get on with the update!

Adventure Kingdom Resort Ticket Prices -

Discovery Kingdom

-Day prices-

*1 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 15.00

Child - 13.00

Toddler - 2.00

O.A.P - 8.00

Family Ticket - 25.00

Group - 60.00

*2 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 28.00

Child - 24.00

Toddler - 4.00

O.A.P - 15.00

Family Ticket - 50.00

Group - 120.00

Adventure Kingdom

-Day prices-

*1 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 18.00

Child - 15.00

Toddler - 4.00

O.A.P -12.00

Family Ticket - 30.00

Group - 70.00

*2 Day Park Ticket :

Adult - 35.00

Child - 28.00

Toddler - 5.00

O.A.P - 18.00

Family Ticket - 50.00

Group - 120.00

-Holiday Packages-

For all holiday packages, please go online to our website or ask at the reception of the Adventure Springs Hotel and Spa or Adventure Lodge for details.

-Park Offers-

*Welcome cards : Visit the parks again in the next week or month for a discounted price. Tickets can be purchased on entry or departure from the parks.

-Week Cards :

Adult - 20.00

Child - 18.00

Toddler - 3.00

O.A.P - 13.00

Family Ticket - 40.00

Group - 100.00

-Month Cards :

Adult - 25.00

Child - 20.00

Toddler - 4.00

O.A.P - 16.00

Family Ticket - 45.00

Group - 110.00

*Adventure Passes - Once purchased, an Adventure Pass will entitle you free entry for the whole year into the parks.

-Adventure Pass : This card allows free entry to the park for 12 months as well an entry for all events.

Adult - 240.00

Child - 180.00

Toddler - 70.00

O.A.P - 90.00

-Adventure Pass Gold : This card allows free entry to the parks for 12 months, gives entry to all events and allows discounts on food and drink within the parks or hotels.

Adult - 280.00

Child - 220.00

Toddler - 90.00

O.A.P - 140.00

-Adventure Pass Platinum : This card allows free entry to the parks for 12 months, gives entry to all events, gives a bigger discount to food and drink within the parks or hotels and gives discounts for tours and fast-track.

Adult - 350.00

Child - 280.00

Toddler - 140.00

O.A.P - 180.00

For more information on Adventure Kingdom Resort prices, please ask at information centers in the parks and at the hotels, phone or e-mail us or visit our website.

----------------------

A teaser showing the station for Sector 2.435's Vertical Drop Coaster.

And now, just a few random pictures of Discovery Kingdom:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you like it

{[(Update)]}

Ok. Firstly I just want to say that there will be a major turnaround for updates from this moment on. We've seen a lot of construction, teasers and fairly boring text recently but, now that things are beginning to take shape, this can all change. Updates will be longer ( More pictures ), involve more and will showcase more ' complete' stuff.

So, to kick-start this new scheme I give you Adventure Kingdom's latest land - Sector 1.435

The entrance and layout of the land.

A closer look at the station and queue building for Vertigo, our newest vertical drop roller coaster.

An enterprise, rightly named Enterprise, sits in the over banked turn of Vertigo.

An overview.

Over in Discovery Kingdom, a ride has recently celebrated it's second birthday at the park.

Raging Rapids joined the park two years ago and has since become the park's second most popular ride, just behind Chariot Race.

However, while one ride may be two, another ride in this land might not be here for much longer...

----------

Sector 1.245 is based on a certain land in a certain park in the UK. I'm not sure on the path scheme but it seems to fit the factory/out of bounds theme that I was going for without looking like backstage. What do you think?

More soon and thanks for reading!

Its great to see your dramatic improvement on your work. Nearly flawless work here, love it all. Kevin the Astronaut? Really? Just seems like that was the first name that came into your head plus the "astronaut". Of course, it doesn't hurt the great design of the park.

Sector 1.245 is based on a certain land in a certain park in the UK. ( The first person who tells me the land gets a prize if they so wish )

My first thought was on Oblivion in Alton Towers. Of course, I've never been there but the futuristic/space theme fits as does the coaster's color. If thats right, no prize necessary.

Some really nice screens in that update. Just to let you know the sign for Sector 1.235 says 'Sector 1.435'. Also you said Sector 1.245 at one point. I think the name for that area might be a bit too long and hard to remember. Perhaps something like Sector 7 or Sector 13? Just a thought.

Thanks for the comments.

RCT2Day - Firstly, Thanks for the kind words. About the whole mascot thing...I know it's bad. I was in a rush to get the update done and I forgot the backstory which I had originally decided on. (It doesn't have anything to do with space anyway ) I'll edit it now.

Also, that's basically right and it wasn't going to be that big anyway.

Xtreme98 - Thanks for the comment. I've just changed them so they're right. The 1.435 actually has something to do with the lands backstory which I will explain later. Thanks anyway!

Not really an update but I just wanted to show a couple of things.

Firstly, I just thought it would be worthwhile to show the progress made in total to the resort. I didn't plan for the two parks to be so close together, and this has limited me on a few things, but I'm sure I can work with it.

And secondly, I need some advice for this area. It's in an awkward position, is restricted on height because of the neighboring park, is rather close to Sector 1.435 which loses that land's overall in-the-middle-of-nowhere theme and lastly has a corkscrew with a short, and odd layout. So, how can I improve? Is there anything I could move, change, demolish or build to make it more appetizing?

Thanks

THIS IS CHANNEL 4 WORLD NEWS

Recently a small fire took place in the Adventure Kingdom Resort. Although there were no serious injuries major damage occurred in the parks UK themed section. The parks spokesperson has told news reporters that the area has been closed off as the park rushes to clean up the area as fast as possible. According to an unofficial(but reputable) anonymous source has revealed that the park is planning on adding a dark ride in the coming seasons to replace the fire damaged area.

This has been our local news report!

fire.jpg.044a9324c115f082d881d72042a415e2.jpg