TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Kingdom Resort [RCT2]

/ {[( Welcome to )]} \

*,^.?{[(/()- Adventure Kingdom Resort -()/)]}?.^,*

Adventure Kingdom Resort is set in the beautiful landscape of France and attracts guests from around the world. With our distinct intention to be a place of discovery and adventure, we are constantly improving the resort to make it better for adventure, education, comfort and thrills.

The resort has 3 parks ... :

Discovery Kingdom

Adventure Kingdom

Under Construction

... 3 On-site Hotels ... :

Adventure Springs Hotel and Spa

Safari Inn and Lodges

Under Construction

... And a range of entertainment attractions. :

Green Springs Golf and Sports Center

TransCenter

Adventure Plaza

So, that's the resort in a nutshell. Now though, how about a tour?

------------------------------------------

{[(Discovery Kingdom)]}

Discovery Kingdom was the resort's first park and is the base of what followed. Originally named Adventure Kingdom, the park has four themed lands all around a center hill.

-UK-

The land guests enter the park into is based on the British Isles. The land serves a the major shopping and dining area of the park, although it does have a couple of rides to call it's own. The Grand Carousel and TramTransit are at opposite ends of the area and both serve as great family attractions. A recent fire in this land caused major damage to the center building and a dark ride is expected to replace it soon.

-Port Roma-

Port Roma is based on, of course, Roma and Italy itself. Here, guests will find a mixture of luscious scenery, Italian delicacies and a few more attractions. Whether it be Chariot Race - A speedy indoor roller coaster, Mediterranean Adventures - A small but educational dark ride or Swan Boats - A more gentler ride, there is something for everyone to enjoy.

-Russia-

The third land is themed on Russia and is the park's thrill central. The land has the second station for TramTransit and has two more thrilling, and adventurous, rides. Vertigo is Discovery Kingdom major coaster with a vertical drop and a very twisted layout. Raging Rapids took up previously unused land and gave the park it's first water ride with a compact but exciting layout.

-Natural World-

The final, and smallest, land in the park is the Natural World. The area used to belong to an American themed section but a major re-theme was needed due to some extent of unpopularity. With a random junior boomerang, a 3D simulator and an indoor restaurant and play area, the land acts as a kids area for the younger guests.

----------------------------------------

{[(Adventure Kingdom)]}

Adventure Kingdom is the second theme park in the resort and, upon completion or construction, with take the title of being the resorts biggest park. Phase 1 is set to have 5 themed lands, two of which are almost complete. While I can't show you much, I can show a picture of Sector 1.435 - The park's thrill central.

-Sector 1.435-

This land is the park's thrill capitol and has two major rides with room for expansion. ( For those of you who are observant, you will notice that the resort has two vertical drop coasters. Let's just say that one of theme may not be around for much longer. )

-------------------------------------------

{[(TransCenter)]}

The TransCenter acts as a hub between both parks with monorail links to various other places in the resort.

------------------------------------------

Important Notice :

This first post is set up as a 'overview' post which will be constantly updated with new additions to the resort. The latest update was on 21/2/12 and gives a basic overview of resort additions up to page 5- Page 6 continues the story. If you are a first-time viewer, or haven't seen recent updates, then I strongly recommend that you view the proper updates as what you see above is very basic and doesn't cover the story or past attractions.

Thanks,

CoasterRider245

Edited by CoasterRider245

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Welcome to TPR. Good to see bright and upcoming people join this community.

Now, onto your pics. Really good job for you first posts. The inspiration from Califolf and CC9 is obvious and it works well. Great buildings and good details. I would say just vary your roofs and add some objects to the roofs for more realism. Right now, you have the same color with nothing special about each tile but that can change with just a pipe or something.

Looking forward to more posts and pics from you.

Thanks for the comments!

I'll have a look at some of the roofs and see if I can change them a bit to make them less plain. Would pipes and sky-lights be Ok?

As for America I'm currently remodeling it to be different time periods. Guests enter in a fairly modern area and then travel back in time to an early 1900's area.

{[(Update)]}

Next up on our tour (Due to a few problems) is the British Isles. This is the first land guests see upon entering the park and while doesn't it have any rides, shops and restaurants are around every corner. England is the main theme but space around the land can be opened up for possible future expansions. On we go!

Here it is - Our next stop on the tour. A small canal runs through the land and the centerpice is a large shopping center. There are too many shops and restauants in this land so I won't be naming them all...

Tram Transit's main station also sits in the British Isles instead of just running through. The track runs over many bridges, goes through tunnels and has little 'surprises' throughout the layout.

A small row of shops selling a range of different merchandise as well as one the of Tram's 'surprises' in the background.

Next we travel across the atlantic to America!

Hi all. Adventure Kingdom is my first real attempt at making a RCT2 park. Coasters have been my forte in the past but I am hoping to improve my park making skills as well. During the past couple of months of planning my park, I have been heavily inspired by the works of CaliFolf and CC9. I have tried to use some of their techniques but mainly to use my own ideas and ways of building. I have now spent a few weeks getting the park to the stage it is and I hope you enjoy. Right, onto the park! .

Hey, someone using me for inspiration!

I might have to accelerate my return...

I love it so far! Especially that little pond! I think there could be a bit more color, there's a lot of tan right now.

Can't wait to see more!

Thanks for all the comments! I'll see what I can do about the colours and glass covering.

{[(Update)]}

Please note: This will just be a short update before a week and a half of not being able to access the game. America will be shown later this month eventually

Right, for this update I thought we would bring things a little more up-to-date. So, here at Adventure Kingdom we are currently half-way through our off-season. To celebrate 10 years of the park, we have aimed high and are in the process of constructing two new attraction for the park- One minor and one major. We are also revamping certain things around the park to make it more guest pleasing.

The first picture today shows the start of making the roofs less dull. Sky-lights and chimneys are only the beginning...

The second involves the area of land adjacent to the British Isles that has recently been cleared for an expansion. This willl be the minor attraction.

That's it for now! There will be a large update in two weeks when I can access the game but until then, I may post some teasers of upcoming expansions...

Thanks for reading

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this. I feel flattered by being an inspiration. You're off to a good start, but you really need to add variety to your architecture. More color and taller buildings; not everything in the UK and Rome was beige and tan

Other than that, I'd say you're off to a good start.

Oh, and you can just call me Folf =P

• 2 weeks later...

XTThrills2010 - Thanks! And read this update

Folf - Thanks for the comment! Will do

{[(Update)]}

It's been a while hasn't it? A few months have passed and opening day is getting nearer and nearer. Our two new attractions are almost complete and some building changes are now the only things left to do.

First up, is the new small attraction. It's thrilling, exciting and the perfect addition. It's a carousel! On a serious note the gentle ride seemed the perfect addition to the British Isles. A bit of work still needs to be done.

Next we move onto a new land - Russia.

Here it is, the second largest land in the park. The land holds three attractions - Tram Transit, A spiral slide and Adventure Kingdom's new un-named coaster.

This vertical drop coaster is our new major attraction. The ride dominates the park skyline, filling up un-used land, and currently holds the title of the parks biggest ride.

A waterfall with snowy peaks and a spiral slide sit at the back of this artifical looking land.

To finish, a close up of the land.

Name our coaster

As you know, this off-season we have developed a new major coaster. The new ride dominating Russia needs a name and the parks management board is turning to you.

We need a name for the coaster. It must have something to do with Russia/Forest and should fit the ride type.

The name will be judged and shown in the next park update. Good luck!

America will be shown next update.

More soon!

You've really showed a dramatic improvement in your park building skills. Nice work all around here. I'm trying to find something for you to improve on but I really can't . Maybe change the land tiles below some of the paths, having grass under some paths doesn't look great.

As for a name, I'll think of one for you and get back to you wiht it later.

Thanks for the comments!

{[(Update)]}

The last of Adventure Kingdom's four lands in America. After many delays I can finally put together an update showing off the park's smallest and oldest land. Unfortunately, due to these factors, the land is much less detailed and realsitic than the other three. A major refurbishment may come in the future, most likely having a theme change to the America I described a couple of updates ago.

The main ride in America is a boat ride showing many of the landmarks in the US. The large attraction take a three different show buildings.

Here you can see a small row of buildings along side the beach. The three shops were rushed when I first made the park so they suffered greatly to the modern buildings. I have recently added a few details to them to make them more appealing.

Heading towards the British Isles is a small restaurant and a shop selling beach items. The beach is avaliable to all guests during opening hours and even has a wave machine that operates to make small waves throughout the day.

Leaving America, who can forget Port Italia?

And to end, I think it's time to show an overview.

More soon!

Im liking the buildings and what not but I dont like that green path. I dont like it at all, sorry... I would stick to the path that you were using in the other sections of the park. Or if you wanted to change the path try the brick path. However, if you like the path well, then, just ignore me. lol.

Like the park, keep up the good work.

Joel

Thanks for the comment! I'll see what I can do

Local Theme Park Announces Financial Success

Adventure Kingdom Inc. have today released details of recent financial success. The park, soon entering it's 10th season, has made much profit over the past 4 years seeing a high increase from the previous.

The company have also released many donation sand funds from various benefactors to go towards the future of the company. The overall digit is rumored to be a 9 digit number but many sources agree that it could be much higher.

The question now stands as to what lies ahead for the company. With all this additional money ot funds, what could we see around the corner?

Thanks for the comment

{[(Update)]}

To celebrate the opening of Adventure Kingdom's opening day I have set up a bumper update for you all. (Well, longer than past updates anyway...) So, I have split this update into 3 sections - Update, Contest and Teasers.

--

The day went without a fault and we saw record breaking numbers visit the park. Most headed straight for Dominator, our new coaster, but others went for the old favorites.

Surprisingly, The British Isles was the busiest area throughout the day. Some little additions to the land over the off-season have made a big impact to the appearance.

Cafe Italiano tucked away in Port Roma.

A random picture of Port Roma.

Dominator-Our newest and busiest attraction.

This may be the last season that America has it's current look.

Another random picture of Port Roma.

---------------

{[(Contest)]}

---------------

Whoever can answer the question below fully and correctly will win a download of Adventure Kingdom V1.1. The first two people to answer will win the prize.

How many rides have I mentioned in this thread so far and what are thier names?

Good luck!

--------------

{[(Teaser)]}

--------------

A large section of land has been cleared adjacent to the park's car parks. What could it be?

Thanks for reading and joining in on Adventure Kingdom 10th birthday.

More soon!

Whoa, that land plot sure is huge! I guess another massive coaster is soon to be situated there.

And as for the contest I found 8 rides in total:

Tram Transit

Mediterranean Adventures

Unknown Dark Ride in Port Italia

Swan Boats

A Carousel in Brittish Isles (I think it's called Grand Carousel, but that's just guessing from a picture)

Spiral Slide

Dominator (was un-named when first shown)

A Boat Ride in the America Section

{[(Update)]}

Adventure Kingdom announces plans for eleventh season

Local park, Adventure Kingdom, today announced it's plans for it's eleventh season. Raging Rapids is a new fully themed rapids ride that will occupy space within the Russian land in the park. This came to much surprise as a coaster was only unveiled in this section of the park a few months ago.

Park officials had this to say:

'After the success of Dominator this year, Raging Rapids will hopefully continue the new line of rides we hope to introduce to the park over the next few years. With the park only having eight rides in total and the park desperately needing a water ride, it seemed like the perfect fit.'

The ride will begin construction soon and it will be ready to open in May for a premium early opening. It will be built on the old spiral slide plot, which will be moved across the land to a new home, and will make use of the small space.

For those unfamiliar or those following the construction of the ride, here is a picture of the site and a concept art:

{[(Update)]}

Raging Rapids seems to be a hit - Or at least to the people that attended the soft opening anyway. The ride was constructed faster than expected and was ready much before our original date of opening resulting in the day being moved forward. However, the ride will not officially open until the new season as after the media day, it will be put into a small 'hibernation' stage in which it will be tested reguraly and only avaliable to ride by select employee families and media.

The site before the construcution starts.

The waterfall is drained of water and Spiral Slide is taken apart.

Land is lowered and the area is cleared.

And now a couple of screens of the finished ride...

With waterfalls, rapids, drops and an on-ride photo avaliability are all the features that Raging Rapids contains in it's compact but thrilling layout.

We're pretty happy with how it turned out. We now just hope our guests will agree...

Spiral Slide in it's new location.

Across the park, the Grand Carousel and Chariot Circuit have have a high increase in rider numbers. This is a big surprise, especially with CC that went from five people in line to 216. The queue got to the point where it had to be expanded to another show building.

--

I will try to get another update in before Christmas if I can.

Also, please leave some serious critism if you can below because I really want to improve this park as much as possible. Thanks,

CoasterRider245

Edited by CoasterRider245

Looks great! Ye asked for some criticism and ye are gonna get it.

I personally feel the the rapids is a tad compact, you need to either reduce the number of trams or space them out a little (by using the wait for ___ minutes option, as well as enabling the 'leave when another train arrives' option ) to avoid having them scrunch up at each station. As before, avoid having your facades appear like giant boxes, vary the front 'roofs' and avoid overusing the tan/beige wall set. Other than that, I don't really see much problems. Keep up the work! ^^