TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Brainstorm" Thread

Flying coaster is a yes. I really want to see a massive one like Tatsu.

I've started my park. No clue what to name it or anything. I have five coasters so far.. I think. So B&M's though. I started with an Arrow Corkscrew model, so I felt like a B&M would be out of place. The park is similar to Darien Lake/Elitch Gardens. Its basically a park that went Six Flags, but lasted longer, and was bought out by Herschend. Like the parks I'm basing it off of. I also have some Michigan's Adventure stuff. Mainly the wooden coasters are inspired by the ones there. I really want a roller skater, but I can't figure out the layout. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with that. And I need some ideas for the kiddie area. I have no clue what to base it off of.. So any help would be nice.

Thanks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling a burst of inspiration for my next TDI park...

(20 minutes later)

Started another one called Pinewood Amusements. Looking good so far, don't know if I'll keep going after I finish Tulip Thrills, probably will. It also has lands from different areas around the world like Africa, Antarctica and El Salvador, just to name a few. Also brainstorming names like "Calmere Islands Amusement Park" or "Phoenix Point/Peak Amusement Park" and "Lightning Valley Amusements."

I was thinking about making a park themed to Nightwish's (My new favorite band!) new album, Imaginaerum. It wouldn't be too big, mabye 100X100 at most. What do people think?

Track Listing:

1. Taiklatalvi

2. Storytime

3. Ghost River

4. Slow, Love, Slow

5. I Want My Tears Back

6. Scaretale

7. Arabesque

8. Turn Loose the Mermaids

9. Rest Calm

10. The Crow, The Owl and the Dove

11. Last Ride of the Day

12. Song of Myself

13. Imaginaerum

Sorry, couldn't figure out the list tags.

• 1 month later...

The strangest idea popped into my head today... There are always people comparing rides to other rides. So I figured, what if I were to craft, within rct3, a 'best of' park. It would be a recreation at its heart, but one that brought aspects from many parks.

For example, I'm already considering juxtaposing Kennywood's Racer over the lagoon, against Knoebel's haunted house, continuing it through to some of the surrounding awesome food stands, then juxtapose that against maybe a bigger steel coaster, to create sort of a collection of memories at the parks I've visited, hitting all the best things about the respective parks.

It's a really experimental, almost artistic idea, but I think it could really turn out quite well.

The strangest idea popped into my head today... There are always people comparing rides to other rides. So I figured, what if I were to craft, within rct3, a 'best of' park. It would be a recreation at its heart, but one that brought aspects from many parks.

For example, I'm already considering juxtaposing Kennywood's Racer over the lagoon, against Knoebel's haunted house, continuing it through to some of the surrounding awesome food stands, then juxtapose that against maybe a bigger steel coaster, to create sort of a collection of memories at the parks I've visited, hitting all the best things about the respective parks.

It's a really experimental, almost artistic idea, but I think it could really turn out quite well.

Hmm... Sounds like an awesome idea. If you needed any help, I'd always be up for it.

After reading The Hunger Games and starting Catching Fire, I can't help but get tens of hundreds of ideas for some sort of themed land or park based on the books in The Hunger Games trilogy.

If any of you have read these books or seen the movie you would completely understand what I'm saying. I could work with District 12, the Capitol, and the Arena that the Games are played in. I really get ideas about the mockingjays and the tracker jackers, developing two roller coaster designs out of the names in my head. I would love to do a project on the books, but I have a lot to finish for my own sanity before I tackle them.

Maybe in 2013 I'll give everyone a great introduction into the country of Panem, but only if "the odds are ever in my favor."

Whatever the hell I want is what I'm building at the moment it seems (that sounded a bit harsher than it was meant to but it explained what I meant in the best way). You see I've been trying for ages to get a decent ultra realistic park going which I enjoyed and wanted to continue working with and it wasn't working at all. i'd do a bit to it and then get bored and want to try something else.

So I stopped for a little bit and took a step back and looked at what I was building and decided to make a big change. I've decided now to leave the ultra realistic parks behind to dive into fantasy and just building whatever I want. I've also decided (as you can see) to use the Preview thread instead of making new ones to show my stuff as I have a habit of not following everything through. Don't get me wrong I mean if I get far enough with stuff I'll make a thread for it but at the moment the preview thread will suffice.

Anyway, the image I've been building to this evening (and where the picture of Steam Mountian Steam Road came from) was based off of this Wild West meets Steampunk approach and the intention of trying sets I've never used before (should probably point out that I don't use CS. Nothing against the sets as most are amazing and I'm very much able and aware of how to dl and install them it's just my preference). This led to the combination of the space set (the brown metal one not the one with the satellites) to produce seem crazy looking buildings that actually didn't seem to clash too badly. Throw in some lasers and alien flora and I'm pretty sure its so crazy it worked (or at least in my opinion it did) and was fun to build and watch as I build it.

Now I know no cs and fantasy won't be to everyones taste but that doesn't bother me either. The worst thing you can do is build to what others expect or want. You see; you can have the best laid plan when you start out but if your building to the whims of others and for the recognition eventually your going to find something that is getting better comments and you'll try to 'force' ideas that weren't originally planned into the park your building and mostly (for me anyway) this is where I've found the park is too far down a direction to change and I feel forced to start over or it'll not fit in and will ruin the atmosphere that you did have.

Now I'm not saying don't get inspiration I'm just saying make sure your building for yourself (unless you have a reason not to such as a competition, wokring in group where you'll have to be flexible to a extent or your doing a choices timeline park) and although its a good idea to take in some critiscms dont feel the need to implement them if they'll stray your original idea and image you had going to far away from what you'd planned otherwise you'll have something in the end that you built, but you won't like that much as it wont have your stamp and personality on it. (A great example is RCTER2 on NE who seems to build whatever he wants, focusing on tiny buildings and rides with gaudy colours which shouldn't work, but because he has his stamp on them he seems to be enjoying them and against all odds and sensibility they have a endearing feel to them thats actually fairly enjoyable).

Anyway I'll finish writing my novel now and let all of you that actually read it all have a rest.

Cheers

89James89

NOTE: For those not in to reading big walls of text. Basically I'm building whatever the hell I want to and enjoying it immensely.

Hmmm not entirley youy can see what I was going for in the preview thread. Much much smaller scale than that and with more of a emphasis towards western than steampunk to be honest. I mean I wouldn't nessacarily put what you've built as steampunk I would have just said sci fi as. Its good don't get me wrong but just doesnt scream steampunk (though being honest mine doesnt exactly scream it from the angle I've taken the picture).

Cheers

89James89

• 6 months later...

After a lot of thinking about the idea I have, I think it's finally time to present it just to get some feedback...

As some of you know, I'm known for designing rides that fit into "phases", each phase having a specific idea that links all of the rides together. I'm in the second phase right now, the DNA Phase, and only have one more phase to go before I move onto another idea/project. I've had the name for the third phase in my head for awhile now, but lately ideas for the phase have been flooding in. However, I'm not talking about rides, designs, colors, or themes, I'm talking about something of a different breed - an APP.

What if I created an application for Apple and Droid products through an app service that would allow you all to have an interactive experience with the final phase. There would be exclusive ride content, images, videos, extras, Twitter access, Facebook access, and even a space to chat with me and other people that use the APP. I've found a product that could implicate all of these things, and I want the third and final phase to be as interactive and innovative as possible, so why not go out on an limb and do something like this?

Just putting it out there for commentary! I don't plan on any release of the APP anytime soon. At the earliest, if this comes to fruition, expect the APP around mid-June along with the beginning of the third phase.

-griffonj2022

I'm thinking about starting a completely new park. It would be family owned like Knoebels but be the size of many regional parks. It would also be the first park on my new laptop, so this would be a new slate. I might have a proposed wooden layout tonight that might make it into the park.

For over a year now I have been sketching ideas for an amusement park planned in Indianapolis. I am wanting to design logos, but I can never think of a good name. There are multiple themes, but overall the park gives off a modern vibe. It is very innovative, green, and contemporary. There is a Cartoon Network themed kids area, an area themed to nearby Brown County (think Dollywood), a water park, and the main area which has no themes.

I really want a name that is unique but fitting. No over-used roller coaster tycoon type names. And also not something completely random like "Westchester Hills."