TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Brainstorm" Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cool idea for a coaster. It would be based on the Speed Racer Movie. On-board audio would feature the new theme song for the movie. First part, you would take a right turn into a room with movie clips being shown. Then, right when the intro of the song ends, from the old intro, you launch out at 85 mph up a tower, then going through a bunch of twists and loops. Everytime they said "cer" part of Speed Racer, there would be a pop of airtime.

I recently got RCT3, and I was wondering if people would be interested if I did RCT3 versions of Thrill Gardens and Forest Thrills alongside the RCT2 versions.

That would be awesome. I like the RCT2 parks, so I don't think it would be bad to try converting it to RCT3.

I have several ideas swirling around in my head right now, the most prominent of which has been something I have considered doing for a long time...

Has anyone heard of the web comic Homestuck?

I'm currently in the planning/blue sky phase with the project, but I was wondering if anyone would like to see something in a Multi Motion darkride themed to HS?

The other idea I've been considering is a SeaWorld park that combines the best of both Aquatica and Sea World Orlando into one massive resort. I had something going along the lines of: Sea World's Discovery Bay Resort, and would be on the coast of California. Yes I know there's already a Sea World here, but this isn't meant to be realistic in terms of location, but realistic in terms of park.

I think I'm going to be doing a new park in the old thread I have (LINK)

I have a few options that I want to go through. All are NCS (but custom rides) Only one of them would probley get worthy mention of its own thread.

-A Pokémon park themed to the Hoen region (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

-A "timeline" park that starts off with rides that would appear in like the 50's and end up with rides that are seen now (I put timeline in quotations as it would be done in a "Year 1, Year 2, Year 3" kind of style) (This would get its own thread)

-A park filled with a bunch of ideas I had for the last decade. Mostly consisting of coaster plots with peeps and shops to the side.

I also plan on redoing some of the custom scenarios and taking part of some challenges that have been made by other RCT2 users. If you look in my thread, I have some examples.

I don't know if this should of been posted here or my thread, but I'm flipping a coin here.

Any reply is a good reply : 3

EDIT

Thought I should say something to SoCal. Go for the Sea World Park, while that comic is quite popular, I haven't really seen anyone express a passion for it. (Yet again, I don't know the majority of this site). Parks that cater towards one theme like that are harder to do, you got to plan out that stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of doing another park designed to rival Canada's Wonderland and La Ronde. This time, however, it would remain a family-owned park, rather than just another park in the chain. It would, of course, be a timeline park, starting in the 1950's. I'm thinking of putting it in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia (or maybe even PEI). There is a problem though - I'm not good at scenery, and I want this park to look spectacular. I have the story, the ride lineup and the layout somewhere in my mind, and I can build the coasters, paths and landscapes, but if I try to do scenery I guarantee the park will be less-than-perfect. Help is appreciated!

The key to making a good storyline park is that as the storyline progresses... so do your skills. Each year you can make a change here, and a change there, and it'll all build and before you know it you've got a good looking park! Take as much time as possible getting your layout, terraforming, and initial structures in place. They will act as the guide to where your park goes. Hard to sell that your next year's expansion is a new mountain! Keep it small and simple to start, then gradually build to the more complex things as you feel more confident in your skills. This is the method I used when creating East Side Lagoon, and it's worked pretty well.

As for me... I'm considering a new path to East Side. A new storyline, new management (yet again), and finally a shot at the big time. I can't seem to make the final jump to what I hear a lot of people consider 'CD5 level'. And I blame my storyline. Which has severely slipped lately.. not sure how I let it happen. But any big ideas to get me back on track would be appreciated.

Funkeymon, gotta go with a family-owned park. In general, a good Six Flags takes serious CS skills but a family-owned is not limited by your the type of scenery used. That said, I would prefer a family-owned that doesn't just have 1 or 2 small coasters but has 5-7 including B&Ms, Intamins, etc. But thats just my opinion...

Family owned it is! I was thinking that the park would have two major attractions that put it on the map. I was thinking a B&M something.. I don't know. Maybe an invert or floorless. And the other would be a Steel Force/Mamba Morgan hyper. I also want a Renegade/Prowler GCI. I can't think of anything else though.

I'd go for a compact B&M invert and a GCI. I think if you're going for a family-owned park, starting out small might be a good idea. Then over time add more coasters and rides. PM me if you need any layouts (or hacking help).

On a side note, I was thinking of making a 'Layout Thread' where people can just post layouts for feedback.

I recently designed a kick ass terrain based invert. It will be in RCT2, will have no custom scenery, and will likely be Dragon themed... but will have a guaranteed medieval theme.

Me and SoCalCoasters may also be working on a RCT3 duo themed to Night on Bald Mountain.

I'm always brainstorming, but right now I'm working on something that I really just can't wait to put out.

Is everyone interested in seeing yet another viral campaign come from me in yet a few short weeks? If not, I totally understand, but this ride is just begging for some sort of suspenseful lead-up like VauTour and La GARGOUILLE had. It's going to be similar, yet much different, and I cannot wait to show everyone what I've got!

-griffonj2022

P.S. - How do we feel about a flying coaster in the near future? I may have some ideas for one...